Quote Originally Posted by Blaquehaaart View Post
Frankly, I don't think someone can be competitive in pvp without plat gear at this point. You might be able to 1v1 someone that has full plat gear and you without it (improbable though, unless they are bad, or mess up bad), but after that fight is over the next guy will one shot you.

Buy all means try it. You might prove me wrong. Although, I hit a wall at 20, and now I do significantly better after buying plat gear. It's kinda lame, but I don't think it's worth it to grind out in-game pinks. They aren't nearly as good plat gear, and harder to get.
I can hold a 2.7-2.8k/d in ffa ctf, against all 20s. I know k/d doesn't mean much, but there's nothing I can really base off of. I will say I am using macros... just to make things a little easier.

The truth of the matter, is that I'm not going to continue playing this game if this plat cycle continues. I'd rather just buy D3, because it'd be waaaaaay better and waaaaaay cheaper to play.
With you on that, did the open beta this weekend, and will probably just quit DL for it later.