Quote Originally Posted by Ripper McGee View Post
FYI, I've hit 20, have removed all plat gear (I only had a level 16 firebrand and level 12 gem, anyway) and am still doing great in PvP. That brings up another issue, though: is spending money required to succeed in PvP, not necessarily for gear, but for respecs? If I'm playing against somebody who hasn't paid to respec, chances are I'm going to succeed where they will fail... That actually makes me question point #3 more than gear purchases.
If at lvl 20 your spec isn't 6-7 points in abilities (lvl 1 vermin swarm, lvl 1 fatal burst, lvl 1 leap, lvl 1 Unholy Force/Shadow Dance/Hellblade, and prereqs), you will lose to any lvl 20 with this build if they have any more then 20% of their health left. The FB+VS+Leap combo is disgustingly overpowered, which is the main problem right now, but plat gear makes the difference between instant killing/not instant killing or instantly dying/surviving. Without enough survivability, once they get their FB off, you WILL die before you have the chance to react.