Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No point in Levelling skills up period.. Seriously!

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    When you are getting hit by multiple mobs, high health is your worst enemy, and you can suicide in an instant.
    Sorry Fluff, your just wrong! All things being equal, no matter how man hits you take or how man skills you fire, you will always have more health left if you started with higher health. What you are seeing is stemming from sacrificing armor for blood based on the gems you are picking. The more hits you take, the more important armor becomes over health, just like any other game. Next time, check your math before posting!

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bobbybastos:636262
    I understand where you're coming from but skills do need cooldowns and a resource to stop spamming and other such things, its quite unique that health is used as the resource but I would dare say that this was all done with the intent of being max level which would give you a higher health pool
    Having a higher health pool doesn't help at all. The more health you have, the more health you lose from the skills.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Higher health helps tremendously in pvp. All the top guys have over 1000.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    Having a higher health pool doesn't help at all. The more health you have, the more health you lose from the skills.
    It is a percentage, so think of it the other way. The more health you have, the more health you have left after the skills.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zel View Post
    Skills cost a % of your total health, increasing your health pool will just make them cost more. The tradeoff for a higher level of skill is more damage at greater cost, as with any RPG out there pretty much.

That's why we have feed.

And in PvP it just means you need to use skills more thoughtfully.

I think it's a rarely-used and exciting mechanic that, along with the ability to charge skills and attacks, makes for intetesting combat.

All I see is charge spam triple .skill combos that virtually kill you every time. This isn't hardcore, it's simplistic. whether I should have to waste 2 points or not to briefly postpone my charge spam deaths, this isn't cutting it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I'm lvl15 and all my skills are currently at lvl1 and i don't have that much of a problem with blood costs, yeah it sucks to lose a large portion of HP to use skills specially in PVP but i think it's the only thing that stands between it being a spam feast and having just a little bit of skill in using skills wisely. But again i'm still lvl15 so i'm not sure how it is at 20.

On another note i think skills overall need to be toned, the difference in dmg between low-level and high-level skills are huge which leave old skills nearly useless compared to new ones, hence, from what i read, FB/VS/Leap combo is the most used at higher levels, so i think they need to bring all skills on a somewhat even ground in terms of dmg, allowing more flexibility in builds, i don't think that ppl at the current skill state even dare to try new builds unless they got the extra $$ to respec from now and then.
    Last edited by YuNoEatBeaRs; 05-03-2012 at 02:33 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zil View Post
    All I see is charge spam triple .skill combos that virtually kill you every time. This isn't hardcore, it's simplistic. whether I should have to waste 2 points or not to briefly postpone my charge spam deaths, this isn't cutting it
    Yeah, vs/stomp is pretty much a forced pvp spec for if you want to be competitive. Not only does it do more damage, but it is better on blood conservation, has a further range, is aoe, has faster cooldowns, and gives you more points to plug into passives.

Skills further down tree should cost as much blood as ranked skills lower down. The DM is just a nuke fest of frenzed blast, vs, and stomp. There is no skill involved, whoever has the best gear and hides behind is team mates will become the king and pwn everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cjon View Post
    I wasn't saying that the blood costs are different for them, but you only put one point into Leap and VS, while you have to put 3 points into Unholy Force to make it comparably to either of those abilities. So you should compare a lvl 3 UF to a lvl 1 Leap/VS, which in this case, Leap/VS does have a lower cost.

This pattern is just going to continue throughout the life of the game, unless they do something to change it. Once Brimestone/Dark Binding/Fire Aura/etc. come out, they will be the standard for abilities. Since with those, you can do just as much damage, but not lose nearly as much health casting them. And its not like you'll have to spend any more points to acquire them, if its assumed that the alternative is a lvl 5 UF/HB/SD.
    I'm not talking about damage output if that's what you're on about, I'm talking about the blood % loss on skills as your character levels up. I just think it would be rather nice if one(I.E. Me the player) could go back and use my lower level acquired skills I got at levels 1 to 5 or so without having them cost as much % as the ones I acquired at level 15 - 20, I see the mechanic STS put in to stop the use of spam but at what cost would spamming do in PvP if your just going die anyway thus choosing whats best is in order and tactics are set in play. However with tactics said it doesn't really mean anything when you can just wait it out and pick off the ones that have already burnt up all there HP and can't fight back. See my issue here? =P

---

Quote Originally Posted by Blaquehaaart View Post
    They just need to balance the builds.

The vs/stomp build is the only real viable build. It does the most damage, gives the most survivability, it the best with blood, it's range, it's cooldowns are short, and you can stunlock with it. I thought it was op when I was playing against it. Now that I'm using it, I think it's more op. If someone does not have more than 800 health, they will die from the initial damage...and I will lose about 1/10 of my life dropping it. Then, it does a crazy knock back (like across the entire board if you time it right), it snares, so you can kite around till your skills come backup.

The opening with a UB build will drain half your life. Also, UB only strips one snare, but a vs/stomp build is all about the initial nuke, and if you get hit with it your gonna eat all the damage anyway.

UB should just grant full immunity to snares and stuns. It's on a 1 minute cool down, and the build consumes so much blood it's ridiculous.
    And here is the reason I refuse to use UB. Either way as blaque said it only stops one snare therefore an opening with FB is pointless if you're still getting hit with the VS>Leap combo and the VS alone is a 'fast charge' as I'll call it as it doesn't require much of a press release like FB does so even if you UB on there FB they can still have rats eating you for 20 or so seconds while you use your skills meaning you may escape death you may not also, as VS is a knockback you can charge up and stomp them for added damage so Blessing doesn't really help.
    Even though Blessings buff is incredible it to me is still a waste in a point what I could dump on a passive and get X amount of HP or extra damage let alone defense. Any of thouse would be more beneficial in my PvP style than a snare release.
    Last edited by Shuri; 05-03-2012 at 06:24 AM.

Gimme muh sugacubes! ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Shuri want's nomnoms! Neeigh - Sparkling Pwnies
    DL: Shuri: Lv21 / Kazie: Lv20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

IOS player here so i am a newbie here. But from what i'e read in this thread so far, i can only think of a couple solutions. As mentioned before, Make it so that the blood cost is based upon current Hp, not max. Second, devs might have to tweak the percentage cost. Maybe something like a tiered system. Tier 1 skills cost 2-4-6-8-10% (per level), tier 2 cost 3-6-8-12-15% , tier 3 costs 4-8-12-16-20% and so on.