Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Dark Legends Items Buffed! Farm Some Of The Best In The Game!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Then we will be back to folks not spending on gamble packs and revenue going down. Great.
    Or they could make more plat items that don't create imbalance.
    Cjon - Lvl 21!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cjon View Post
    Or they could make more plat items that don't create imbalance.
    And why would one spend plat on a "chance" at getting an item not really better than what you get for free?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Suhweet! Thnx STS!

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #24
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

And why would one spend plat on a "chance" at getting an item not really better than what you get for free?
    Those "free" items are still pretty rare...
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Dark Legends Items Buffed! Farm Some Of The Best In The Game!

New patch= Happy me!!
    Nycfanman-684

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    From the vast quantity listed on the CS for cheap I would tend to disagree.

From what I am reading here the buff to non-premium pinks made everyone stronger except those who actually shelled out cash on premium gear.

I think I have voiced my opinion on the matter enough so will drop the subject.
    Last edited by StompArtist; 05-02-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Awesome. Maybe raise premium weapon stats too?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Equipment that forces players to spend money in order to be on par with everybody else isn't the only thing they can sell with plat. Now the fact that its a chance shows nothing but greed from STS, but the recent change removes the necessity of this. But there are still plenty of ways they could make money.

1) Lower pink drop rates, to get impatient/lazy people to buy the weapon (not a lottery ticket, the weapon itself), instead of working for it.

2) They still have energy to sell.

3) Do way more with the vanity system.
    3a. Make outfit dyes, and only have some (or none) of them available for gold (this game needs dyes anyways, so that way you can actually combine different sets without looking ridiculous).
    3b. Add a weapon vanity slot, so you can have the stats you need, with the appearance you want (and at the same time, add non-dual-wielded weapons). And again, only have some (or no) vanity weapons available.
    3c. Add a "glow" vanity slot, that can only be purchased with platinum. As in glow, I mean like the visual effect for things like firebrand, but for your entire avatar.

There are ways to make money without being labeled "greedy", such as with vanity. The great thing about vanity, is that you can offer no free-vanity options, and it doesn't create differences/imbalances between the players. Since its a f2p game, you can't expect everyone to buy plat, but those players are still valuable, and therefore their gameplay experience shouldn't be worsened just because someone doesn't know how to get creative (in a good way) with their micro-transactions.

Without the f2p-players, there is less people for the p2p-players to play with (decreasing fun); there is less word-of-mouth advertising; and its just helpful to have a "big" game. You shouldn't !%*# on the f2p players, then we'd be left with CTF and DM matches that take 30min to start, and nobody wants that.
    Cjon - Lvl 21!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Depends on the perspective. If you're talking about the "hardcore casuals" that plays 20min a week, then yes. But if you're talking about an average player that plays an average amount of time, then no. The drop rates are high enough to not justify throwing money at that cesspool of greed know as Item Packs.
    Cjon - Lvl 21!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

I am pretty upset to find my premium plat pink weapon now does lower damage than one that drops from a dungeon and only costs 5k instead of 50 plat. I tried to email support but they say they don't refund past purchases based on new designs... but he also mentioned there would be more in game rewards for customers like me. I hope those who bought any amount of plat is what he's talking about.

Proud Member of AEO (PL) and Sparkling Pwnies (SL)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beanmachine View Post
    I am pretty upset to find my premium plat pink weapon now does lower damage than one that drops from a dungeon and only costs 5k instead of 50 plat. I tried to email support but they say they don't refund past purchases based on new designs... but he also mentioned there would be more in game rewards for customers like me. I hope those who bought any amount of plat is what he's talking about.
    You still have the outfit that's worth more than the price of the bundle. Just saying. Should they refund your plat when they increase the level cap too?
    Cjon - Lvl 21!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beanmachine View Post
    Technically this is not a new design but a modification to existing design which makes those plat items literally have a lower value.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Man I dnt like this change at all look at these new wepons they r getting them free I I spent my real money on some firebrands. But all in all DL is still a good game and I won't stop playing but since you can make a change like that go look at.my thread in the DL suggestion fourms and consider my thought because firebrands are the kilowatt an is like to only have to buy them once

thanks
    Last edited by Krushal; 05-02-2012 at 07:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cjon View Post
    You still have the outfit that's worth more than the price of the bundle. Just saying. Should they refund your plat when they increase the level cap too?
    That doesn't include the 40 plat I spend on plat packs, which are now worse and rarer to get a pink than from regular gear. Greens from plat packs are basically worthless now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Not a bad change but this change now defeats the entire platinum boxes.. Was it really worth me getting firebrand now?
    Since I can just go farm soul cleavers that have a better proc chance than brand I don't think it was worth it now
    Either way I just hope you (STS) know that now with this change not everyone will be getting plat to open the boxes for the weapons, Gems maybe but the gems are rather iffy in my opinion they could be better.. Considering we're paying 15 or 25 plat for some of the best gems and weapons in-game you've just now defeated the purpose of that process with this update.

Gimme muh sugacubes! ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Shuri want's nomnoms! Neeigh - Sparkling Pwnies
    DL: Shuri: Lv21 / Kazie: Lv20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So what i'm eeading here is that you players WANT to have a buy to win/participate game?

How exactly would that be fun anyways? You know what happens to games like that? They die. They get flamed and after a while the casuals (whom this game seems to target with this energy mechanic) quit cuz theres no way to keep up. Eventually the fail skill CSers quit because they always lose and then the pro CSers quit.

If you want this fail b2w/p I and i'm sure many others would be happy to leave.

^ that was directed at the complainers.

For sts I do hope you continue to make improvements as well as increase level cap and possibly add more skills, cya and thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xstaticalpha View Post
    So what i'm eeading here is that you players WANT to have a buy to win/participate game?

How exactly would that be fun anyways? You know what happens to games like that? They die. They get flamed and after a while the casuals (whom this game seems to target with this energy mechanic) quit cuz theres no way to keep up. Eventually the fail skill CSers quit because they always lose and then the pro CSers quit.

If you want this fail b2w/p I and i'm sure many others would be happy to leave.

^ that was directed at the complainers.

For sts I do hope you continue to make improvements as well as increase level cap and possibly add more skills, cya and thanks

I don't think you get it...

STS made us believe DL was going to be a Pay-2-Win sort of game, so after many people bought plat packs, they suddenly changed and back-stabbed all their customers. Personally if I could have a refund (and they can take the gear away) I would love this update. But no, they deceived us and now we aren't very happy.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Lol

Sent front my HTC Evo 3D using tapatalk 2

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I have hoped that the patch would bring some improvements like making gold or vanities stashable.
    Why can't I share my gold with my other toons on the same account?
    That makes absolutely no sense. I just deleted my toon to start over and lost over 140k just because I can't stash it, grrrrrr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I get it. You just want to buy a game labelled as FREE. Sts as far as I can see didnt have a big sign up saying it's the best weapon in the game and as far as I know the weapon STILL has the best stats.

No one's complaints here are valid and what exactly were you going to do when they rose the level cap and made common weps have the same stats? Complain to sts to raise the stats? No thats stupid.

No game should be free but pay to win or participate. It dies, sts doesnt want their BRAND NEW product dead which is damn well LOGICAL. If you want games like that there are a good bit of game companies I may refer you to.