Thread: Champion Spawns!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default Champion Spawns!

Since I reached 66, and am having trouble keeping myself interested daily on PL I was thinking that a champion spawn could have a place in this game!

What is a champion spawn?
    A champion spawn is somewhat similar to the dungeon runs currently implemented, but with a slight twist. Instead of killing a slew of the the same enemies from start to finish, and instead of running through a narrow corridor to the boss we should spread things out a bit.

Champion spawns currently exist in a game called Ultima online. These are usually hour long events, and require many skilled players to complete. It starts with a low level opponent and as you clear out the low level enemies you start working your way through the spawn and on to much tougher opponents. In Ultima there is a central square structure that fills up with skulls as you clear a level, it takes 10 skulls to spawn the champion. The champion would be the most elite of monsters and killing it would reward you greatly.

How it could work on PL
    The Champion spawn would begin with a group of players 'lighting the torch' to begin the spawn. There would be a minimum and maximum amount of allowed players, so the champ spawn is neither too easy nor too difficult. There should be some sort of scoreboard keeping track of your progress throughout, so you can prepare for the next wave.

I see the wave of spawns going somewhat like this (just an idea):
    Levels 1-3: Enemies found from balefort sewers to ancient swamps
    Levels 4-6: Frost giants, yetis and alien oasis 2 enemies
    Levels 7-9: Alien lorekeepers, beserkers, snipers and balefort sewers archers
    Level 10: Nuri hallows warriors, and mt fang mages.

The number of enemies you need to kill would drastically decrease as you move on through the levels, as they will be much stronger.

The Map
    Now with a large amount of enemies there will need to be a map that is able to support proper gameplay. It will need to seperate those who are able to work well as a team from those who can't, or won't. The map would need to be large enough that you can maneuveur yourself through it without running into a wall of enemies, and have the ability to spread the spawn out so the enemies arent closely grouped together. There would need to be cut offs in line of sight, and differences in elevation to enhance the gameplay.

The Champion
    If your team makes it to the final stage and is able to clear the spawn out for an alloted amount of time, the Champion will spawn.

An idea for the champion would include various traits from bosses that currently exist such as:

Gurgox's insta-kill
    goblin kings totem
    Similar attacks to Emma
    Keeper spawning minions

It would be pointless for the champion to 1 hit kill the players on every attack, but it should have a wide variety of attacks to keep the players on their toes. The health on the champion should be extreme, it should take a very long time to kill, so keeping the fight interesting would be a number one priority.

The items dropped off the champion would be level specific, and would also factor in the damage you contributed to killing it. This would be a detriment to those who want the reward without any risk. With the death of a champion there would also be a large amount of gold dropped, again you get gold based on your contribution throughout the spawn.

But it doesn't stop there...
    There could be more than one champion, more than one sequence of spawn enemies and there could be a different reward for every champion you kill!! Kill them all and you spawn the TRUE CHAMPION!....

But I think that's for another thread.

Sorry in advance if this is a little hard to follow, I typed it up very quickly.

Please leave your thoughts and feedback!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Ya beat me too it nice write up. I'm all for this. Gives even more gameplay value

Sent from my AlienFusion-VM670 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2