Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I just wanna say

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default I just wanna say

I have come to notice in my recent venture into the land of pvp that alot of you who do this regularly are very rude and cocky to new comers.
    To the point of flamming about skill or armor choice, and to someone new to the game or just to pvping this could totally steer them away from the game or pvping entirely. Your job as a veteran pvper is to help newbies and point them in the correct direction, for example. Instead of making fun of my armor choice how about telling me what a better choice would be or maybe give a hit in better tactics.
    All in all remember it's a game, let's all have fun and help each other, not flame and heckle like children, I really expected more trying out pvping but sad to say
    after my experience today I won't be trying it again for a long time. Think Ill stick to pve and helping out newcomers, thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

As a veteran pvper, it's not their job to help newbies, they don't have a job to say, they just pvp for fun, why do they have to be forced to steer someone to the direction I disagree on that point, but I do agree with the don't bother the other players.
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My real point is that if you can put time into flaming a newb you can put time into being helping a newb. Productive vs Destructive
    In no way do I feel someone should be forced into helping anyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

I agree that some of the better pvprs are complete jerks to newbies. My first time trying pvp was at level 25, when I was still a new player. I was called "trash" "retard" "noob" etc. you get the point. It was not fun, and I didn't try it again for a long time. Now, it's basically all I do.

So, I'd be more than happy to help you out, because pvp is actually very fun, once you get the hang of it. add me in game.

Ign: walkhardd
    gf.

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

I do believe older, more experienced pvpers do have an obligation and responsibility to help. I apologize on behalf of the community and advise you to keep trying! It is very competitive and people will be rude and ugly, sorry.
    I'm at endgame pvp so if you are as well send me a pm! I'll be pretty busy training with my guild for th tournie so if I am unresponsive please do not take it personal
    Ign: Absoluteboss

Since you found/use forums, take some time to read up! There is a lot of very good and insighful info here.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Guys, look, its PVP, not dress-up, a tea party, or a play date at your bff's house. If you don't like the environment, don't play. The people that play PVP are PL's competitive players who don't like losing. It's not our job to give everyone a tour of the game. Experience is earned by playing, like in any other game. You won't get anywhere if you rely on others to do the work for you.

Cursing, trolling, and flaming aren't cool however, and I do side on you for this. RUSHING is a whole different story. Show me a book of rules that say you can't attack others when you enter a game, and i'll change my tone. I guess it isn't really relevant to this topic, but it seems to be a common problem in most cases.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

tell me what lvl you pvp at. I'll help you out with skills and ill buy you some decent gear.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick41324 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default I just wanna say

I would also like to throw in i bes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lamah View Post
    I have come to notice in my recent venture into the land of pvp that alot of you who do this regularly are very rude and cocky to new comers.
    To the point of flamming about skill or armor choice, and to someone new to the game or just to pvping this could totally steer them away from the game or pvping entirely. Your job as a veteran pvper is to help newbies and point them in the correct direction, for example. Instead of making fun of my armor choice how about telling me what a better choice would be or maybe give a hit in better tactics.
    All in all remember it's a game, let's all have fun and help each other, not flame and heckle like children, I really expected more trying out pvping but sad to say
    after my experience today I won't be trying it again for a long time. Think Ill stick to pve and helping out newcomers, thanks.
    I think you are slightly mistaken. These so called "veteran" pvpers are not the veterans at all. KDR is very misleading. Every "veteran" pvper I've ever known was very polite to newcomers. It's the guys in between. The guys who have pvped for awhile and begin to get fairly good. they begin to let it go to their head and start making fun of others.

While I disagree with what you said about it being a veteran's "job" to be courteous, I do think that that is a great idea. Shoot, if everyone would be more courteous in general things would be much better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    Guys, look, its PVP, not dress-up, a tea party, or a play date at your bff's house. If you don't like the environment, don't play. The people that play PVP are PL's competitive players who don't like losing. It's not our job to give everyone a tour of the game. Experience is earned by playing, like in any other game. You won't get anywhere if you rely on others to do the work for you.

Cursing, trolling, and flaming aren't cool however, and I do side on you for this. RUSHING is a whole different story. Show me a book of rules that say you can't attack others when you enter a game, and i'll change my tone. I guess it isn't really relevant to this topic, but it seems to be a common problem in most cases.
    All out FFA is only plausible in endgame. Try that in twinking and you'll have a problem.

@OP - most have to be broken into PvP. If you cant handle a little trash talk, then you probably arent cut out for it. Maybe you should stick to killing those friendly monsters in PvE. Im nice to anyone who is nice to me without showing even a hint of stupidity. Seriously, 1 question mark after I rush you and it's over.

@MM- Entertaining is a veteran an he hates new players just as much as i do. Has nothing to do with how long youve played or kills youve gotten.
    Last edited by Yich; 04-06-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nick41324 View Post
    tell me what lvl you pvp at. I'll help you out with skills and ill buy you some decent gear.
    if its endgame... GL with the gear

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Look at the date of OP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yich View Post
    All out FFA is only plausible in endgame. Try that in twinking and you'll have a problem.

@MM- Entertaining is a veteran an he hates new players just as much as i do. Has nothing to do with how long youve played or kills youve gotten.
    I guess I should have said "most."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reun View Post
    Look at the date of OP.
    Couple months old, big deal. Who cares.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Yeah, 9 months ago, no biggie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Aw. Back when I attempted to post useful posts.
    gf.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Walkhardd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nick41324 View Post
    Halp meh ai herd deth set waz gud at fifteh i hav eh fifteh soh cn uh get meh deth set plox <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Bump, preferably shotty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts

Default I just wanna say

Lol. U funny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lamah View Post

This post is really ignorant. I have spent lots of time gold and money to figure out the best gear classes builds and tactics. Their are plenty of guides out their already. In any other game in pvp their isnt even calling. The game doesnt not have a 3 2 1 count down so why should we play as if we have to. STS made the game like this and i think they did great. Just because you are either to lazy to spend the time to learn the skills or to stupid to understand how the game works doesnt mean they should change the game. I dont ever pve i spend all my time in pvp maybe if u put your time to want you want to play you will get better. This is a waste of a post. GROW UP!!!!!!