Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: feed feature doesn't always work

Forum Adept ExperimentNebulaCore's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I spam press it. Still dosent work. Used lots of pots while spamming feed when about to die. Feed activates -.- i been trolled by feed.
    Aznhmoobyang 66, endgame pvper Aznbboynebula 65, suicidal toon on leaderboard experimentkai 12 pvper and more toons not gonn list

Lady_Pebbles

Im having this issue too on Android since day one but after the lastest patch its gotten worse. Makes it hard to farm on the maps.

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #23
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    My feeling is that this is related to targeting, such as when a Power, such as Shadow Dance, fails or hits the wall.
    Fyrce might be right about the skills interfering. If you are experiencing this bug, please list all four of your mapped skills.

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Bpog:641979
    My feeling is that this is related to targeting, such as when a Power, such as Shadow Dance, fails or hits the wall.
    Fyrce might be right about the skills interfering. If you are experiencing this bug, please list all four of your mapped skills.

Unholy Force (also doesn't work all the time now)
    Vermin Swarm
    Leap
    Fatal Burst

EDIT.... Also sometimes the skills go off on their own (vs & leap) and sometimes when charging, they go off on their own.

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 05-08-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

i have unholy force, shadow dance, and hell blade

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sryyoulose View Post
    Actually it works for me mainly on bosses however mobs not so much. I've died many a times because of it.
    Nope, failed many times at the boss. Even when he's the only mob left. Moving away, then back seems to work. Unless I'm dead or lagged a lot.

Sometimes, if you think you're dead, but you're moving and tapping that skull, you amazingly JUST make it.

Hell, I've fed on blank space before (formerly a mob there, but on my screen it just died) <--- I'm pretty sure this last part was lag or multi-action thing, where I get the graphic but I just beat the game in the 'death' determination. Lucky me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

.... Also sometimes the skills go off on their own (vs & leap) and sometimes when charging, they go off on their own.
    I think you mean the charge disappears, but nothing happens. Sometimes this is due to other things interfering with the charging -- for example Knockdown. I think other 'spells' from mobs can discharge skills. I'm not all sure which ones yet, but lots of them, if they hit you first, your skill will discharge and you've got to feed, run away and/or recharge it or just tap it and spam your Powers.

Which makes me curious whether Feed can be discharged. It shouldn't be, but maybe it CAN be...?
    Last edited by Fyrce; 05-08-2012 at 01:48 PM.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Vermin Swarm - Leap - Hellblade - Fatal Burst

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I am experiencing this bug at L3 with only two skills, the default starting skills.

Lady_Pebbles

Yep, I experienced the same things as Fyrce. Minus the invisible enemy amd feeding off of it. XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

My 2 deaths are because of feed fails. >_<
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Shadow Dance, Unholy Force, Fatal Burst

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walkhardd View Post
    My 2 deaths are because of feed fails. >_<
    My 217 came that way.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce:641989
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

.... Also sometimes the skills go off on their own (vs & leap) and sometimes when charging, they go off on their own.
    I think you mean the charge disappears, but nothing happens. Sometimes this is due to other things interfering with the charging -- for example Knockdown. I think other 'spells' from mobs can discharge skills. I'm not all sure which ones yet, but lots of them, if they hit you first, your skill will discharge and you've got to feed, run away and/or recharge it or just tap it and spam your Powers.

Which makes me curious whether Feed can be discharged. It shouldn't be, but maybe it CAN be...?

No, I mean when I hold down to charge it'll charge for a couple seconds (blink a couple times) then goes off (i.e. the attack is initiated w/effects showing then goes on cool down) where as I charge the others and they stay charged until I release/move my finger from the skill. This happens both during the middle of a mob in PvE & PvE --and-- when Im not even near a mob or other players and charge while moving towards them. But it does happen while standing still too.

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 05-08-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Same thing happens to me a lot when I solo
    Vermin Swarm - Leap - Curse - Shadow Dance

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Just had this happen like three times in 5 minutes. Standing next to an enemy, pressing feed, mouth roars like I'm about to feed, character arches back to jump, then nothing happens and I continue getting hit with low health.

I'm using the lunge, Leap, Vermin, and Hell Blades.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 05-08-2012 at 02:31 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bpog View Post
    If the skull is full with the mouth open and tapping it does not work, the issue might be related to line of sight. So you might need to re-position yourself if you are on a bridge or your enemy is around the corner.

The skull might not open even when it looks full for a few different reasons. Your enemy might be in the process of spawning in or being knocked down, or you might need one more kill for full feeding power.

If you are experiencing something outside of the listed conditions, please post the following:
    1. What mission are you on?
    2. Are you playing multi-player or solo?
    3. Is the skull failing to open when full, or is your character failing to feed while the skull is already open?
    4. Are you fighting a boss?
    1. Any.
    2. Either.
    3. Skull open, won't feed.
    4. Mostly not, uncertain if it was ever a boss.

Yep, happens on every map.
    Happens with the skull mouth open.
    Happens even if you have lots of blood.
    Happens even if your ping is good, though sometimes, the issue really is lag.
    Happens in the middle of a big room, surrounded by live zombies/ghouls. It is NOT line of sight.

If the target failure is due to ping, as in the zombie/ghoul really isn't there anymore, then you're out of luck.

If it's just that the target is plain wrong, the easiest thing to do is to force the game to re-target. That's why the solution is to move around -- it's not that you are getting a certain distance, even though it often seems that way. It is that as you move, the game is finally seeing the blood sacks around you and picking one to feed on. We can only hope that the next one that's picked can be fed upon successfully.

So you've got to move around, probably away from the ghouls (save yourself!), then back to them (close in to feed) and hit that skull quickly when you see the open mouth and hope it's ok this time.

If you are failing a lot, try to move away, then towards a zombie no one is killing or that is beyond the current group. It's possible that the current group is actually dead (killed by your partners) and has not shown up for you yet.

This latter is not always the case (I think there's other issues with targeting, like the object's moved and the game is confused), but moving around is the best chance you have of finally getting a "live" zombie.

While you are trying to find a good zombie, of course, you cannot move so far away that you cannot get back to a blood sack in time (skull is timed), or do actions that discharge the skull (use skills, maybe also just hacking).
    I've tried to work around it - press feed multiple times while running around based on the idea that targeting might be the issue. Still failed to death at times - both with the "start to launch then don't feed" and without.

Quote Originally Posted by Bpog View Post
    I'm not generally *using* any skills when this happens but:
    *Unholy blessing, vermin swarm, fatal burst, shadow dance on my main (other chars generally follow a similar pattern but the ones who are not 20 yet may have hellblades, curse or unholy force instead of vermin swarm.)
    2.718281828459045235360287471352662497757247093699 95957496696762772407663035354759457138217852516642 74274663919320030599218174135966290435729003342952 60595630738132328

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Just had this happen like three times in 5 minutes. Standing next to an enemy, pressing feed, mouth roars like I'm about to feed, character arches back to jump, then nothing happens and I continue getting hit with low health.

I'm using the lunge, Leap, Vermin, and Hell Blades.
    This is what happens to me, too.

Toon 1: Fatal burst, hellblade, leap, unholy force

Toon 2: fatal burst, hellblade, vermin swarm, unholy force

All maps, mobs and bosses, solo and multi.

-----
    Sent from my ICS powered HTC Evo 3D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I've verified this happens to me when I attempt to feed off "inactive" mobs. What's an "inactive" mob? A mob that is basically in "placeholder" mode and hasn't yet engaged in activity. A good example would be any map that has werewolves. Ever come around a corner and see a pack of werewolves feeding on a body? Until they aggro, they're basically inactive; not only can you not feed on them , but your powers and attacks don't affect them either. I've run in quick and used leap in the middle of them, but nothing happens.

While the werewolves are a good example, I've verified this happens with other mobs that are just standing around, too. Until they aggro, I can't feed off them. As soon as they do, I can...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

This happens to me as well sometimes.

I've also had the following issues:
    1) being killed WHILE feeding!
    2) my skull is constantly fading as soon as any blood fills it up! Usually it only fades after it's been full for a while and you haven't fed.
    Guild Master of Blood, Bath and Beyond.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imaddictedtoPL View Post
    Tap it when its screaming
    I'm not an idiot I've tried that. It doesn't work.
    didnt say u were just trying to help.