Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My issue with Rev(revival)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Default My issue with Rev(revival)

i have some major issues with a mage skill that i feel devs should look into. I am up for different opinions so feel free to post yours, just please keep the hate to a minimum.

My main issue is a mages revival skill. Just by the click of a button, a mage can revive fallen commrades at full health, fresh buffs, fresh skills, and fully armored. This is a huge issue because I feel the revival skill should be used in a more tactical way. Say for instance, reviving teamates at a further distance away from the enemy, or at a corner and away from enemy fire. I find it unfair a mage can revive someone in the midst of battle with no tactics used at all and the revival brings back the person with all the above mentioned attributes. This pretty much makes a team of three tanks(pally, int mages, bears) virtually unstopable and prolongs a long unfair battles.

I think devs should look into this issue. some suggestions are, if you are revived make it so you dont revive with full health(maybe just half, 1/4, or 1hp). OR maybe make it so when you are revived, your buffs are in cool-down. I honestly think, there needs to be more tatics involved when using the revive skill and more penalties issued to the person who is revived. When i asked around about other mmos, i was told that they have penalties for when a individual is revived such as(lower health,prolonged cooldown wait, etc).

Please feel free to post all opinions. Everyones involvment in this is much appreciated. As a mage i like to find ways to make this game more fun and more fair for all classes.

-Imkelly

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kellylita For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Then it will be easy to farm kills :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by prouzi View Post
    Then it will be easy to farm kills :P
    Honestly, if a mage uses revival away from the enemy, or uses revival and then starts tanking damage, it wouldnt be easier kills. The whole point is for a mage to decide on a better alternative then reviving in the middle of battle, and instead be more tactical. right now as it is, a mage that is revived can just buff quickly and aoe everyone to death instantly, because that mages will have full buffs. the whole point here isnt easier kills, but more fair battles in which four pallies or int mages cant just run around the map reviving each other all day long.

Im not asking for a huge nerf to the skill, just maybe a small tweak that it is desperately in need of.
    Last edited by kellylita; 05-09-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Actually, when you are resurrected, you'll only have part of your health left, and not full health as you mention here.

It could appear like full health, but that's only achieved after either using a health pot (or 2) or when a mage uses heal right after you got back up on your feet.

Long cooldowns for this spell would really suck IMO. Especially at a hard boss with lots of squishy birds dying left and right. And in your scenario, with some tanks and a pally (str mage), boss battles would take an eternity. On top of that, if you're going only with tanks, who needs a mage for resurrecting anyway LOL

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I was talking about pvp, not pve. Are you certain that you only get part of your health when you die in pvp and are revived? Pretty sure you get full health. If im right then they need to make reevival like it is in pve for pvp!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Actually, when you are resurrected, you'll only have part of your health left, and not full health as you mention here.

It could appear like full health, but that's only achieved after either using a health pot (or 2) or when a mage uses heal right after you got back up on your feet.

Long cooldowns for this spell would really suck IMO. Especially at a hard boss with lots of squishy birds dying left and right. And in your scenario, with some tanks and a pally (str mage), boss battles would take an eternity. On top of that, if you're going only with tanks, who needs a mage for resurrecting anyway LOL
    Just tested. In pvp you are revived with full health. In pve you are not revived with full health only like 10percent. this may be an overlooked glitch or devs could have implemented this on purpose. if this is so then who am i to go against a dev decision Never have i noticed this tho lol

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kellylita View Post
    Just tested. In pvp you are revived with full health. In pve you are not revived with full health only like 10percent. this may be an overlooked glitch or devs could have implemented this on purpose. if this is so then who am i to go against a dev decision Never have i noticed this tho lol
    Yes i noticed this other day. I will have to agree with you guys. Revival should be in pvp like it is in pve. maybe glitch?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Seminole For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Speaking of "glitches", when double blast still existed, it was the ultimate rev killer if used at the right time...

Ever since it was removed a group of good mages is nearly unstoppable, due to high armor heals shields and ofc revs. :/
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaunab For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunab View Post
    Speaking of "glitches", when double blast still existed, it was the ultimate rev killer if used at the right time...

Ever since it was removed a group of good mages is nearly unstoppable, due to high armor heals shields and ofc revs. :/
    Yes i am hoping with this thread, mages will have to use better tatics rather then spamming rev, die, rev when reborn....upon rev .....upon rev.... all battle long. Its just an unpleasant and unskillful way to play, especially in ctf. I hope devs will make pvp revival like it is in pve. or at the very least tweak it slightly so the hardcore mages wont be to upset.

The Netherlands, posted 8 hours later than forum time.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

To be fair, I dont agree with this... When I spawn if someone revives me im dead 1 out of 4 immediatelly, and, if devs make something new for pvp I think it should be something else like a new 3 v 3 CTF map... Sorry:/

But on the other hand your right. I had a 5 v 5 match, I was the only mage, we had a fight, I kept rev my whole team 5 minutes long (until a bear beckoned a bird and he used his combo:/). So, maybe 2/3 of your health in begin? Idk... Of spawn exactly where someone revived you (so it could be in ur enemy's range)??
    Last edited by Imsebastiaanl; 05-09-2012 at 12:25 PM.
    SebastiaaNL 67 mage, IlikePvP 66 bird, DutchTwinkk 56 bear, NoobzGtfo 44 bird, BoomFear 35 mage, moneymakerrr 11 merchant
    Proud member of Influence!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Hmmm come to think of it your right kelly. I like the idea that When revived the skills are still on cool down. And wouldn't this go into the suggestion part of the forums?
    One is too be what once couldn't of been before time let thy be what they could've been, therefore we praise Haxur.
    -Haxur bes 61 mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

I don't agree. If you really don't like fighting a group that actually works like a team, then get your own mage to revive you in battle.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    I don't agree. If you really don't like fighting a group that actually works like a team, then get your own mage to revive you in battle.
    This thread is not directed against teamwork... duh. It's just the endless revives that don't require much skill at all. If you would be PvPing at endgame you would know how hard it is to get down a group of three Wandmages/Pallies.
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

unless its ctf / your getting rushed revs dont matter
    Dreebabe lv65 pure dex dagger bird
    countvlad lv15 male vamp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lich294:642976
    unless its ctf / your getting rushed revs dont matter
    Huh? More detail plz.

@kelly I agree. Ususlly when I get revd, I just shield, bom, and nuke the whole team. Lol
    gf.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Walkhardd For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Anyone can be a mage. Anyone can have a mage on their team. Anyone can be a good mage. Respawning gives you full health in pvp. Why not rev? Everyone has freedom to unleash the power of mages. Reviving with 1 hp is ridiculous. 1/4 is unfair. 1/2 is reasonable. Even full hp is ok. Why? Because you can still one hit all of these. Or two hit. In the heat of battle you may noticing mages reving. Nerfing rev would make PvE harder, especially harder in Nuris. If you're fast enough, right after someone is revived, you target them and use skills. If it's a tank then you might not kill them but you should be heading to kill mages first if there are many. Mages do a lot of stuff, they heal, they rev, the nuke, they debuff, they buff, but they can't possibly do it all at once. And since they can do so much stuff, they should be a logical first target you try to kill. That's a reason why mages need all this stuff so they can survive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walkhardd View Post
    Huh? More detail plz.

@kelly I agree. Ususlly when I get revd, I just shield, bom, and nuke the whole team. Lol
    Yes and this is usually what i do as well. sometimes i just waste out enemies buff and die on purpose, so i can be reved with full buffs and ar that time ill just nuke the entire team to death lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmingstar View Post
    Anyone can be a mage. Anyone can have a mage on their team. Anyone can be a good mage. Respawning gives you full health in pvp. Why not rev? Everyone has freedom to unleash the power of mages. Reviving with 1 hp is ridiculous. 1/4 is unfair. 1/2 is reasonable. Even full hp is ok. Why? Because you can still one hit all of these. Or two hit. In the heat of battle you may noticing mages reving. Nerfing rev would make PvE harder, especially harder in Nuris. If you're fast enough, right after someone is revived, you target them and use skills. If it's a tank then you might not kill them but you should be heading to kill mages first if there are many. Mages do a lot of stuff, they heal, they rev, the nuke, they debuff, they buff, but they can't possibly do it all at once. And since they can do so much stuff, they should be a logical first target you try to kill. That's a reason why mages need all this stuff so they can survive.
    good points, but if anyone can be a mage, and anyone can be a good mage, then dont you think its time to make it a little more skillful and tactical for mages in the heat of battle?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to kellylita For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Good idea Kell, I think that everyone in PvP that is revived should have half of their health back. I also liked your other idea -> mages get half health, birds 3/4 of health, bears 1/4, would be neat. Only problem is that birds with Str gears would be invincible with a revive if it was like this... just suggesting some ideas.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

how bout this for a rev to work a mage must stay within rev range for 5 seconds after the skill is used. When they player gets up they are at full health full mana