Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Headsman" Trashing Out the Previous Plat Weapons

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

lol. STS will release you new and more powerful plat weapons as frequently as they think someone who is desperate to own people in PvP will buy it.
    Kiitz - Int/Dex Bear (66) || Kiitx - Dex Bird (66) || Kiitzx - Int/Dex Mage (66)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Didn't you spend a good amount to get firebrand?
    Nope...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rinzler View Post
    Yes Ripper, in an upcoming expansion, we plan to have 2H weapons dropped by bosses. We really do try to make our players happy and offer as much as we can. However, if you really do want the best items, you have to purchase them.
    this practice can burn out a player faster then before...then they wont buy with the fear of having outdated items...a way to update your plat bought weapons

Ideas:
    1.ingredients like in other games
    2.use gold to help us upgrade for plat packs...GOLD for ppl cant buy plat
    3.re-buy a pack...for less plat..
    4.EG: You get Bands from a pack...use plat or credits to upgrade your item to fire brands.

For fear of having outdated items is one reason I haven't bought any any and why I don't PvP. Im not in disagreement with this because I understand..but people who PvP because of this energy system in DL and only one feature that is implamented...I can see there side of the picture also.

Yes you can buy the best in the game...but constantly doing this, will make threads like these become more prominent.

I want a solution so where everyone can win including you guys at StS.
    Last edited by octavos; 05-13-2012 at 01:31 PM. Reason: added Ideas
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ripper McGee View Post
    FYI, 2h weapons will be introduced as drops in an expansion soon.
    Yes Ripper, in an upcoming expansion, we plan to have 2H weapons dropped by bosses. We really do try to make our players happy and offer as much as we can. However, if you really do want the best items, you have to purchase them.
    If it was à purchase ok, but this is gambling. I used 500 plat to end up with no electrified version.
    Pl Akaee 76, Bearbg 76, Whosdaddy 76
    Sl Akaee 46, Bearbg 46, Whosdaddy 46
    Dl Akaee 36, Gruppy 36
    Al Akaee 36, Gruppy 34, Whosdaddy 36

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

How about like a loyalty program? For every kind of "bundle" you buy, you get 5 plat off the net kind you buy. Max to like 10-15 plat off maybe, so it's not too much. And it's per kind, so buying 3 fiery packs will still be 5 plat off the electric headsman set and not 15.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

However, if you really do want the best items, you have to purchase them.
    That wouldn't be as much of a problem if $T$ wasn't so greedy about it. Everything in the random packs except for the one weapon is basically worthless. People have spent up to 60-70$ getting that one weapon, which is just ridiculous. If the only way to get the best weapon in the game is to buy it, then it should have a reliable way to get it. But it doesn't. There's no reason for having it be random than to get more money out of people. And also, a new "best weapon" is released every couple weeks. How can you justify charging players up to $100+ dollars a month to get the best weapons?
    Cjon - Lvl 21!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I'm gonna go out on limb and say people will only upgrade once, maybe twice, then play their gear out and quit. This is why I say this game has no future -- it will never retain a loyal player base under this model.

I bought diablo 3 for $59 (less than what a legendary plat weapon cost) and have the client downloaded for instant play when the servers open. I highly doubt this game will come close to comparing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

After having acquired the Headsman (non-electric) pink this morning, I don't see what the fuss is. It didn't really do anything for me! Also, for those complaining about DPS, DPS is huge when you're on cool down for your powers and are running in circles spamming the space key trying to get an attack in! As for Headsman trashing existing gear, I already have all 20 pinks. I basically wasted $20 trying to get the electric headsman because nothing I got was any better than what I already had. If I didn't already have all 20 pinks for a specific build then the headsman might have done me some good, but it didn't.

Please note, I don't mind spending money and I also understand and accept the randomness of the gear packs. For the future, I'll remember that when I'm already geared out with top-end gear there's really no point in wasting money on packs.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

the Electric version gives 135 heath and +8 damage for stats. That's great for pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

While I'm not convinced that the new 2h weapons are that much stronger than the previous I'm not liking the pattern I am seeing from STS. Obviously when the cap is raised all of my old plat gear will be worthless and I will have to purchase more to be competitive at end game pvp. This is how f2p mmo's work and I understand this. However, when I buy plat gear I do expect it to last until new content is introduced, and I certainly expect it to last more than a few weeks. We've now seen them introduce new plat mystery packs twice each time out dating the previous weapons and the game has only been out for what a month maybe two? When I bought my firebrands I did not expect to still be using them 1 year from now at level 60, but I did expect that they would be good for a few months or until new content was introduced. This is especially true when you can't even buy the new weapons but are instead expected to spend and undetermined amount of money buying the chance to maybe get the weapon you want.

I am more than willing to buy plat and support a game that I like. I feel that the devs should be rewarded for working hard and producing a good game. But every time I purchase something in the game I always end up regretting it. I would like to see that my money is going to a company that cares about its customers and is working to develop a game that is fun to play for both plat and non plat buyers. Instead with DL I feel like the only creative process is going to thinking of ways to have us buy more plat. Hopefully STS will start listening to feedback and look at alternatives to the current pricing models.
    SL: Staryknight 41 * Stary 41 * Starynite 40
    DL: Stary 26
    PL: Ardinia 70 * Ardinie 30 * Ardinio 20

*******Heaven N Hells Assassins*******

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

The 2 hander is not better than firebrand/pestilence.

The increases in skill damage does not kill an equally equipped/speced player.

It comes down to a bit of melee spam until a skill resets.

The 2 hander fails at this. Is slow, clumsy, and easily juked by a fleetfooted player.

If anything, with the added life, but slower killing, its equivalent to what already exists.

...It just looks cool as shiz haha.

That being said:

I love new weapons. I don't mind having to buy the best weapon. I wish I didn't have to, I'd rather farm for it, but I can deal with it.

What I don't like is having to deal with the chance of getting it.

I'd rather the gambling stay the same for those who wanna try their luck at getting a cheap 25plat weapon... but we should also have the option to buy it flat out for 100plat or something.

Equivalent price to chancing it 4 or 5 times. That sounds monumentally fair.

This is all stuff the community has brought up before with the advent of the SL cat lady packs, etc...

...and it didn't change anything. So who knows. Perhaps they will modify their business model to sate everyone's needs, but it appears slim.

And in case you missed it:

2hander is not better than brand/pest.

Go to any boss and observe how fast they drop.

Skill spam + melee spam of a boss that doesn't move: brand/pest won every time.

...and it appeared to be the same way after about 800 kills using it in ctf/tdm the other day over many many hours.

Pestilence rules.
    Testament: 41 Engineer
    Pwnie Czar/Founding Member-Sparkling Pwnies

Gravity is a myth... the Earth sucks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

even tho u make them drops, im pretty sure u would make headsman better still which makes no diff... so pretty much no point

PL: Fear

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphan Fox View Post
    The 2 hander is not better than firebrand/pestilence.

The increases in skill damage does not kill an equally equipped/speced player.

It comes down to a bit of melee spam until a skill resets.

The 2 hander fails at this. Is slow, clumsy, and easily juked by a fleetfooted player.

If anything, with the added life, but slower killing, its equivalent to what already exists.

...It just looks cool as shiz haha.

That being said:

I love new weapons. I don't mind having to buy the best weapon. I wish I didn't have to, I'd rather farm for it, but I can deal with it.

What I don't like is having to deal with the chance of getting it.

I'd rather the gambling stay the same for those who wanna try their luck at getting a cheap 25plat weapon... but we should also have the option to buy it flat out for 100plat or something.

Equivalent price to chancing it 4 or 5 times. That sounds monumentally fair.

This is all stuff the community has brought up before with the advent of the SL cat lady packs, etc...

...and it didn't change anything. So who knows. Perhaps they will modify their business model to sate everyone's needs, but it appears slim.

And in case you missed it:

2hander is not better than brand/pest.

Go to any boss and observe how fast they drop.

Skill spam + melee spam of a boss that doesn't move: brand/pest won every time.

...and it appeared to be the same way after about 800 kills using it in ctf/tdm the other day over many many hours.

Pestilence rules.
    Headsman is a pvp weapon. It has burst damage and a boost to health. Yes dps is good against longer fights where sustained damage is more clutch, but that's not the case in pvp.

Headsman will proc higher crits and do more damage charged...and give an overall damage boost to skills.

I don't even know if there is another weapon that gives a plus damage stat.

Also people are walking around with like 1200 health with it. It certainly is very good for pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Lol you don't kill people with just skills anymore. Everyone's geared and getting up to par. Unless its a new 20, you gonna melee a bit at the end. The only thing the burst is good for is yoinking other's kills after they have damaged a badie.

That increase in damage isn't night and day difference to skill damage, and the fact that it still comes down to a melee brawl at the end makes me like the faster brand/pest. The slow combersome swings of headsman is easily juked and pron to missing on highly mobile targets.

Its best quality is the absurd life on it, not the damage IMO.

Brand/pest still outpaces it encounter after encounter. Unless you wanna burst a damaged target/yoink a killing, the brand/pest is more versatile and still drops people in seconds.

Do you even have both a 21 pest/brand and headsman to come to your conclusions?

The point is everyone flipping out over the headsman when they shouldnt be. Surely people will like it over the pest/brand, but it isn't a killer of those weapons. Its equivalent... just different.

What *will* suck is people opening up with headsman then macro switching to firebrand (if that is even possible) to finish up. I am suspicious of Chrome players and the PVP differences of me using a touch screen versus the versatility of a keyboard.
    Last edited by Xaphan Fox; 05-14-2012 at 04:19 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Was suggesting a "20% chance" on the first pack buy and additional "20%" chance on the subsequent pack buy so maximum spending for a plat weapon will cap at 5 packs. Anybody who got it before 5 packs would be consider lucky. How's that sound?
    Bjourd, Bjolt & Bjkarma.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

All i got to say is about time they make a two handed weapon that's worth something

Thundarr lvl 15 warrior
    Midas lvl 12 sorcerer
    Guinevere lvl 12 rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Lol you don't kill people with just skills anymore. Everyone's geared and getting up to par. Unless its a new 20, you gonna melee a bit at the end. The only thing the burst is good for is yoinking other's kills after they have damaged a badie.

That increase in damage isn't night and day difference to skill damage, and the fact that it still comes down to a melee brawl at the end makes me like the faster brand/pest. The slow combersome swings of headsman is easily juked and pron to missing on highly mobile targets.

Its best quality is the absurd life on it, not the damage IMO.

Brand/pest still outpaces it encounter after encounter. Unless you wanna burst a damaged target/yoink a killing, the brand/pest is more versatile and still drops people in seconds.

Do you even have both a 21 pest/brand and headsman to come to your conclusions?

The point is everyone flipping out over the headsman when they shouldnt be. Surely people will like it over the pest/brand, but it isn't a killer of those weapons. Its equivalent... just different.

What *will* suck is people opening up with headsman then macro switching to firebrand (if that is even possible) to finish up. I am suspicious of Chrome players and the PVP differences of me using a touch screen versus the versatility of a keyboard.

I see your point. Most of the stats do have a somewhat trade-off when compared between brand/pest & headsman, but I just feel that that the 350% increase in hp is too high.

An increase of over 100hp from what I have noticed is enough to allow someone with the headsman (especially those with a high level of hp & def already) to relaunch all of their skills (utilizing the 26% dmg advantage) a second time.
    Last edited by Sarge; 05-14-2012 at 05:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

wow how do u guys calculate all this math? how can u guys know the exact percentage??? (this is not a question just amazed by ur guys' pvp knowledge)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

I live in the matrix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

I live in the matrix
    lol yes u do. ur DL ign is testament right?