Thread: "Headsman" Trashing Out the Previous Plat Weapons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Angry "Headsman" Trashing Out the Previous Plat Weapons

Headsman really trash out the Plat Weapons we have now, therefore indirectly forcing us to buy that weapon. All experienced PVP players knows that DL CTF and DM is based on stats with Higher damage or bigger HP. DPS aint worth a thing, cuz u can easily skill spam all opponent, we are not slashing to death,right? Now STS released this new weapon where u can have both? What happen to our current Plat weapons now? How about to those who are not using plat weapons? That new weapon don't even have higher levels than the previous one. This is really unfair...this game is obviously money based. If u got the money then u rule the game.What happen to player skills? I am really disappointed bcuz i really like this game.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DeathFrost For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

I totally agree with death. Bcuz whatll happen to non-plat users in pvp/ctf?they will always have to scavenge for kills. also, dl is a money based game,u can't get the good stuff without buying platinum.Ex: Pl and Sl pvp require skill...Dl pvp/ctf only requires high damage and high armor.Also u can't get other achievements without buying plat.Eventually some people will earn some, but it's still not fair for people who can not afford plat to get the good stuff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

All i am saying is..non-plat users can go toe to toe with plat users in PVP before..since most of the plat weapons are damage based, they can adjust thr HP and Def. Now here comes a new weapon where u can actually have both? With that kind of stats,,don't bother about player skills...hell they can easily spam skill and kill opponent without gettin near them. How about the plat weapon we have now? Its all trash..right? And don't give us that "we are not forcing u to buy BS" bcuz we all played to have fun..and part of that fun is trying to be the best in this game. Therefore STS is indirectly forcing us to buy that weapon or be a trash like our old weapon.

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

This is the main reason why My ex-guildmate complained about the game mechanics for two weeks and finally GAVE UP AND QUIT THIS GAME.

She is lv 21, mind you.
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Got no complaints about STS selling weapons in store..i don't particularly like it but hey it's business after all. But releasing a new weapon to trash out the existing ones so that we will buy for sure..is "DOWN RIGHT GREEDY"!!!!!! BTW..attack and dps---i really don't know wuts its purpose in PVP..but its useless.. The skills got enough damage to kill opponents in a distance. Hopes for slashing and dicing...well...NOT GONNA HAPPEN LOL.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DeathFrost For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

D3 is 4 days away...

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blaquehaaart For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

The game is obviously money based, I mean it costs 50 plat to get a new character lol.
    I just play the PvE or talk to people in game. Good time waster with a darker, less kiddy side. Blood and violence!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Agree too.

Also, why can't there just be an option to trade your old plat weapons for the new and have the option to pay the gap in plat if necessary? What can be done with the old plat stuff now?

Just hope the game doesn't continue on down the 'spend $ if you want the PVP advantage' path.
    Last edited by Sarge; 05-22-2012 at 09:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

FYI, 2h weapons will be introduced as drops in an expansion soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ripper McGee View Post
    FYI, 2h weapons will be introduced as drops in an expansion soon.
    Yes Ripper, in an upcoming expansion, we plan to have 2H weapons dropped by bosses. We really do try to make our players happy and offer as much as we can. However, if you really do want the best items, you have to purchase them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rinzler View Post
    Yes Ripper, in an upcoming expansion, we plan to have 2H weapons dropped by bosses. We really do try to make our players happy and offer as much as we can. However, if you really do want the best items, you have to purchase them.
    this practice can burn out a player faster then before...then they wont buy with the fear of having outdated items...a way to update your plat bought weapons

Ideas:
    1.ingredients like in other games
    2.use gold to help us upgrade for plat packs...GOLD for ppl cant buy plat
    3.re-buy a pack...for less plat..
    4.EG: You get Bands from a pack...use plat or credits to upgrade your item to fire brands.

For fear of having outdated items is one reason I haven't bought any any and why I don't PvP. Im not in disagreement with this because I understand..but people who PvP because of this energy system in DL and only one feature that is implamented...I can see there side of the picture also.

Yes you can buy the best in the game...but constantly doing this, will make threads like these become more prominent.

I want a solution so where everyone can win including you guys at StS.
    Last edited by octavos; 05-13-2012 at 01:31 PM. Reason: added Ideas
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

However, if you really do want the best items, you have to purchase them.
    That wouldn't be as much of a problem if $T$ wasn't so greedy about it. Everything in the random packs except for the one weapon is basically worthless. People have spent up to 60-70$ getting that one weapon, which is just ridiculous. If the only way to get the best weapon in the game is to buy it, then it should have a reliable way to get it. But it doesn't. There's no reason for having it be random than to get more money out of people. And also, a new "best weapon" is released every couple weeks. How can you justify charging players up to $100+ dollars a month to get the best weapons?
    Cjon - Lvl 21!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

After having acquired the Headsman (non-electric) pink this morning, I don't see what the fuss is. It didn't really do anything for me! Also, for those complaining about DPS, DPS is huge when you're on cool down for your powers and are running in circles spamming the space key trying to get an attack in! As for Headsman trashing existing gear, I already have all 20 pinks. I basically wasted $20 trying to get the electric headsman because nothing I got was any better than what I already had. If I didn't already have all 20 pinks for a specific build then the headsman might have done me some good, but it didn't.

Please note, I don't mind spending money and I also understand and accept the randomness of the gear packs. For the future, I'll remember that when I'm already geared out with top-end gear there's really no point in wasting money on packs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

even tho u make them drops, im pretty sure u would make headsman better still which makes no diff... so pretty much no point

PL: Fear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

However, if you really do want the best items, you have to purchase them.
    Apologies, but this is the MOST ridicule comment I have ever heard.

Do not want to outstay my welcome already, but can't believe this just come from an StS employee.

All the best gear in game, in ANY game, should be from hard work, not pitching into your pockets. Looks.. fair enough, if you want awesome Vanity and looking cool/sick then that should be purchased.. not "best items = purchase them".

All I will say on the matter.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post

Do not want to outstay my welcome already, but can't believe this just come from an StS employee.

All the best gear in game, in ANY game, should be from hard work, not pitching into your pockets. Looks.. fair enough, if you want awesome Vanity and looking cool/sick then that should be purchased.. not "best items = purchase them".

All I will say on the matter.

I CAN FEEL IT COMING.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Flowman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post

It WAS unusually blunt and dismissive.
    Perhaps an in house training seminar run by resident Spin Doctor, Samhayne, is in order.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolves For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

we don't have a problem with that, just make them purchasable straight up not in gamble packs. gamble packs are quickly becoming DL's version of PL elixirs. If you want the weapons to cost 75 plat or whatever just put them in the plat store.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

This game has no future if that doesn't change.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

You guys are all acting like you are surprised that STS is developing this game in a way to maximize the amount of money you have to spend on it. You shouldn't be surprised at all because the message was clear from the beginning with the ridiculously high cost to buy additional character slots, energy system and all the rest of it. Have fun.
    Kiitz - Int/Dex Bear (66) || Kiitx - Dex Bird (66) || Kiitzx - Int/Dex Mage (66)