Thread: Level 56 bird guide part 1 (Kiting)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default Level 56 bird guide part 1 (Kiting)

Ok. People have been asking for a level 56 bird guide. I will do one for you right now.

Tip #1: The Kiting Strategy
    NOTE: This strategy may or may not work best with mages. It definetly works best with pallys.
    Ok. I use this strategy maybe half of the time with my crossbow.
    RECOMMENDED: Either a crossbow that can hit good crits, or a bagmans gemstone auto-bow if you can't afford it.
    So you are versing someone, let's say an archer, what should you do?
    Well. You should start off either 10-13 meters from your target. Now, do as I say: your opponent gets close to you, stay within your crossbow range, and repulse. (If you miss, run farther back and try again) This is very important to repulse first because it will deal at least 100-200 damage to your opponent. (I recommend you have 6 heal for this strategy) Now, your opponent will likely root, or blast you first. Repulse, heal, and avian scream if needed. I highly recommend healing because you will most likely be full. Then, your opponent comes back into your kiting range, blast, blind, and repulse. (I would recommend using level 56 glyph crossbows or level 55 custom auto-bow sets) You will most likely kill them. This strategy also works best with bears. Kite them into your range, don't worry if the beckon hits you, just repulse and heal. Get them into your bows range (about 13 meters) and root them. Heal and avian scream. (you can't root at 13m so you might want to get closer)
    Kiters vs Kiters:
    Now, this will be an unusually LONG battle...consisting of 30-60 seconds. Now, you will decide to die or to end it. Do NOT rush in or you will die. Dont lose your patience during the fight. (I've had this happen to me before) stay calm, repulse, heal if necessary, and keep getting your blasts or blinds onto them. Eventually you will find a position where you know your opponent is dead.
    My build for kiting: 6 focus, 5 avian scream, 6 evasion, 6 blind, 6 blast, 6 heal, 6 break, 6 repulse 1 shattering scream, 6 thorn root, 1 thorn wall.

I did this late at night so part two is coming soon. Hope you all enjoyed.
    Cheers
    Last edited by SuperGotenks; 05-15-2012 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Fixes