Thread: respec bird?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default respec bird?

Hey guys, recently iv really got into pocket legends and in the past have lurked the forums for my answers. Anyways, I have a level 40 full dex bird. I like the full dex but I kinda feel like my health is horrible. If I get to close to a mob I gotta potion burn like crazy to get out of their. So I was considering going warbird. What are the pros and cons. Should I make the switch? And if so what would be my stats/skills/gear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

For PvE, IMO, war birds are horrible. The main reason to be a bird, is to deal dmg. A warbird kind of defeats the whole purpose of choosing a bird in the first place. If you want survivability, you'd be better of using a warrior. At least, that's my opinion about it.

But yeah, birds are squishy. You have to time your evade and roots in order to survive easier, and you shouldn't get too close to mobs either. A better alternative to warbird, would be using a talon and wing. This will definitely increase your survivability while still dealing reasonable dmg (compared to warbird). It all depends in what party you are playing. A good bear should be able to keep mobs away from you, while mages can help to keep you alive. I used to switch to talon/wing or dagger/wing when in bad parties, and switch to bow/gun in decent groups.

Pure dex birds (with bow/gun) maximize dmg, meaning you'd also help kill bosses that much faster, and so benefiting your party the most.

As said, that's my opinion about it

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes I knew nerfing my damage for more survivability would cripple my "group role" but I'm just going off of past dungeons that you don't always have a team that knows what their doing and work together. So the extra armor doesent seem so bad knowing that more then often you get a team were everyone wants to go mercenary mode and go rambo and spam damage skills.(instead of tanking,healing, ect)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Try using a str helmet and armor with a bow.
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does anyone also know if the level 40 plat 4 peice item pack is any good?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walkhardd View Post
    Try using a str helmet and armor with a bow.
    This is what I do on bosses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Don't get plat sets. They're only good at lower levels or if you really can't afford a decent set with gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deathnote685 View Post
    Hey guys, recently iv really got into pocket legends and in the past have lurked the forums for my answers. Anyways, I have a level 40 full dex bird. I like the full dex but I kinda feel like my health is horrible. If I get to close to a mob I gotta potion burn like crazy to get out of their. So I was considering going warbird. What are the pros and cons. Should I make the switch? And if so what would be my stats/skills/gear
    um first off warbirds are better at life and im not talking health
    what i like is that as a warbird i can play upfront like a bear and deal damage like a bird (less but still lots of dmg) also as a dex bird i cant fight a boss but as a warbird i can get in his face and fight him which is better than doing a hit and run with a dex bird. The attribute points should be only enough strength to use the best str gear there is and the rest into dex. The gear like I said should be the improved upgraded forged crafted improved whatever but it must be pink or else it will cost too much str for ex
    a crafted orlok plate requires 150 str but a orange str armor is like 160 str points so since im 66 and i cant get the update yet cuz im in europe and my dad forgot his password for his device i have PL on sigh nvm.
    for a 66 warbird its full crafted orlok set 150 str the rest dex a ring that helps with health h/s dmg or armor is best and dont forget to wear vaniotys with stats like a red beret or hooch hat which have 1 armor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    A better alternative to warbird, would be using a talon and wing.
    haha lol
    NO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

i think bows are the best because you can attack from a distance and you get much more however talons are only good at lower levels or if you have the angel set which requires L66 to use.at your level it wouldnt be bad to use a talon because you get more armor and its deals around the same damage as a bow.
    i wouldnt reccomend warbird though because it does not deal much damage and the purpose of the bird is to deal damage. it may get better armor but that doesnt make up for the damage lost.
    Last edited by -kyleww; 06-21-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Livemau View Post
    haha lol
    NO
    Why not (clearly was speaking about PvE)? Please entertain me.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Dont worry, once you get to level 41, there are things called scarab bows, which are greatly better than any past bows. Also, have bears stay in the front of the group. Add kaoskastor or chaostank, I can hook you up on some good gear.
    If you were to respec, then go half str half dex. That way you could equip a str helm and armor for extra armor, while not losing out on too much damage.
    rhinomagic[/B]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Livemau:683797
    Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    A better alternative to warbird, would be using a talon and wing.
    haha lol
    NO
    He is taking about pve so full dex bow bird is infinite times better then war bird. Playing as a warbird or wing bird defeats the purpose of playing a bird. If you cant handle the fire dont play with it.
    Lv76 Full Dex Bird Supernamek, Lv76 Full Int Nuke Mage Supersongokou, Lv76 Tank Bear Darkpiccolo, Lv76 Tank Support Rhino Darknamek, Lv76 Full Dex DOT Fox Kakkorot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

The following is for PVE.

I will start by saying that I have a dex/str bird (lvl 66) which I play like Walk proposed (str helm & armour with longbow) but now I am raising () a pure dex bird to be the killer that JaytB and Flash described. In both cases it is fun.

In a strong team, people expect that you do as much damage as possible (full dex). Survival isn’t a problem since the bear takes the mobs away from you.

Some quick survival tips in addition to what people already mentioned:

• Don’t stay at the front and wait for the bear to pull before attacking.
    • Use evade only when in trouble. Don’t spam it.
    • Use blinding shot when in trouble which reduces the chance that enemies hit you. If hunted by a boss/single enemy, try “root” skill before blinding shot; this stops him for a few seconds and most importantly reduces his dodge. So that blinding shot has more chances to go through.
    • Spam health pots if under heavy fire!!! I mean, really fast as if there is no tomorrow lol. That’s why I love Chrome.
    • Run away from enemies when in trouble (always remember my signature ).
    • Rings are your friends.

Physiologic’s excellent guide here http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...c+archer+guide

However, not all teams are perfect. Bears don’t tank properly sometimes and not all mages heal. There are parties without bears. In such cases, Walk’s setup is great. You still do a lot of damage (higher DPS than mages with staff) and you have increased dodge (about 60% buffed for lvl 66). This allows you to play more actively and do fun stuff such as:

• “The dive” ( http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ht=archer+dive ) with less chances of becoming fried chicken .
    • Put the skill Avian scream into good use. This is useless for rangers because it has a very short range (3m!!). But since you can afford to play closer to the bear you can unleash it and do some mass damage. Always towards the wall, please!
    • If there is no bear in the team, you can use full shield/sword setup to tank confidently. If you want to sacrifice as less DPS as possible you might want to go with a bit weaker str set: eg for Humania, you can put as little as 148 in str for the entire cap period, just enough for the Angelic str gear. Please remember to use your bow and do some damage if a good bear is there.
    • If in a pro team, you can still use full dex gear and do damage comparable to a full dex bird. The full dex is still more of a killing machine but you will do fine.

In conclusion, running with a full dex bird can be really rewarding. You come from nowhere and destroy. The str / bow setup is more of an all-rounder. Note that if at some point you decide to get into pro farming runs (with either thrasher or the cheaper alternative 2x damage combined with 2x armor), str is completely useless

That’s my humble opinion, anyway
    Last edited by Brave Sir Robin; 06-24-2012 at 12:24 PM.
    When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled / Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about and gallantly he chickened out / Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Robin!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

There is absoulutely nothing wrong with a warbird. Except, dont be full str. I have 200 dex and the rest strength. I can solo in humania with a str set. But since you are only 40 you should just be dex! thats my opinion.
    Should probably stick with some other good opinions though. My builds for 40 usually stink.
    ~Jugernuget

Jugernuget:Guess: 576

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Ranged weapons are ranged for a reason. Maximize your damage by using bows, and stay back a little to take advantage of the range. The exception to this when you have a good tank that can pull aggro, allowing you jump quickly into mobs, root for the mages to combo, then get off your own scream + blast combo, and jump back out again without getting any damage. If you play frequently in PUGs, err on the side of playing conservatively unless you like to die a lot. Keep yourself constantly buffed, but as someone else said, don't just spam it willy-nilly. The time to hit your buffs is right as you're engaging a mob. Use the travel time between mobs to let your buffs regenerate. Full dex is the only way to go for me, and what I think is most effective, but everyone has their preference. Basically, see Physiologic's guide for what I think is the most effective way to handle a bird.