Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ending the Mynas Generation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default Ending the Mynas Generation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Everybody,
    I just wanted to put a post here today that I am going to make an attempt to decrease or extinguish the large amount of players playing today known as "The Mynas Generation". The way I will do this is I will advertise in towne and tell people to send me a friend request. Then I will host password protected "classes" (not like school), informing the players the various items, rarity of items, prices of items, where to farm them, what farming is, and the best gear for their build. I am hoping doing so will decrease "The Mynas Generation" and help create better teams for farming as well as encouraging other players to complete all the levels. Leave your comments about this here. Thanks for your time.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What?

What does knowledge of farming in MMO's have to do with Mynas gear?

I'm lost.

I've been playing for about a week...and I think I've got to grips with the basics, done all but 2 of the 30+ quests in the first three town(e)s. Moving to new campaigns as i get higher level. Doesn't everyone play like that? The instances I end up playing in always seem to contain normal people who are able to play their role in the team....

It's hardly a complicated game....but maybe that's the problem....
    Iela // Staffs and Spells // 45
    Columbaguinea // Blasters and Bows // 45
    Tankteddy // Swords and Shields // 32

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by GaZz View Post
    What?

What does knowledge of farming in MMO's have to do with Mynas gear?

I'm lost.

I've been playing for about a week...and I think I've got to grips with the basics, done all but 2 of the 30+ quests in the first three town(e)s. Moving to new campaigns as i get higher level. Doesn't everyone play like that? The instances I end up playing in always seem to contain normal people who are able to play their role in the team....

It's hardly a complicated game....but maybe that's the problem....
    oh noes...

Mynas Generation is the people who powerlevel the characters in AO2-3, Mynas Tombs(?). Nothing to do with gear.
    i saw her once, and swore i was in love...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

If many people disagree, this wont happen =/

And I can tell many people are too lazy to message here. but no matter what happens, if one wants a lot of xp very fast, they have no choice but to follow the mynas generation (AO2-3 over and over again).
    List of Insults! Found by me.
    THIS IS!!!!!!!.....sparta.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GaZz View Post
    I've been playing for about a week...and I think I've got to grips with the basics, done all but 2 of the 30+ quests in the first three town(e)s. Moving to new campaigns as i get higher level. Doesn't everyone play like that?
    Very admirable!!! You are the opposite if the problem. It's great to meet you!

No, this refers to people who play differently from you. They run around behind higher level players and "leech" their XP. They are called the Mynas Generation because of the location where they do their most leeching.

But you keep doing what you are doing! That is the right way to play.

S

p.s. if you see "Emorin" around, say hi. That's my questing character.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    Hi Everybody,
    I just wanted to put a post here today that I am going to make an attempt to decrease or extinguish the large amount of players playing today known as "The Mynas Generation". The way I will do this is I will advertise in towne and tell people to send me a friend request. Then I will host password protected "classes" (not like school), informing the players the various items, rarity of items, prices of items, where to farm them, what farming is, and the best gear for their build. I am hoping doing so will decrease "The Mynas Generation" and help create better teams for farming as well as encouraging other players to complete all the levels. Leave your comments about this here. Thanks for your time.
    I was thinking a similar thought. A "boot camp" where 1 higher level player takes 4 beginners into a map and teaches some basics. like, you know, if you're ranged, stand back and shoot. Or, how to draw a boss away from his adds. Things like that. It could be fun, and it would give the oldies something to do while awaiting the next campaign.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

The people that power level to the cap are usually easy to point out, I see 45s daily with about 500 kills and 200 deaths, my tank only has 2K kills and my archer only has 3K, but I started power leveling my archer at 35 (to 40, when that was the cap, which isn't really power leveling at all, but I use him for PvP) and my tank and 25 (to 45)

People power leveling just want to be 45 for bragging rights, or to wear the new gear. They will come to realize that the missed out on great expansions when they do so.

Just the other day I was talking to a level 30 or so that only had forest haven, dark forest and AO2, and I told them they will probably get booted a lot and that they are missing out on great campaigns, and they sold I don't care, I wanna get to 45, it's getting pretty insane...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I'm glad to see there are people trying to fix this problem. My simple suggestion (found here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ll=1#post52179) was to change the map that is causing the issue, but even if that were to happen we would still be left with a multitude of level 45 players who don't know how to do anything but run around behind stronger players with autoattack on, and this sort of thing could remedy that.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I want ao2
    Google ftw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Dude yeah...I think it should be REQUIRED that you have to play through every single campaign...The way they could fix the power lvling noobs is that you absoulutely have to be a certain lvl before you can even play or buy the map...so like you would have to be atlest lvl 40 to play AO2! Feedback?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    Dude yeah...I think it should be REQUIRED that you have to play through every single campaign...The way they could fix the power lvling noobs is that you absoulutely have to be a certain lvl before you can even play or buy the map...so like you would have to be atlest lvl 40 to play AO2! Feedback?
    Ehh, I don't know, it is a awful leveling through swamps, and I wouldn't mind having requirements, but I do like to level in AO2 at about level 35 or higher. I am kinda half and half about this. Also, it would stop people from leveling new characters knowing you have to play Forest Haven to 13, Dark Forest to 18 etc. I wouldn't mind some of it, but we all know it would get annoying when you hit LE, then Swamps, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I fear that what you'll be teaching them will not result in excellent seasoned players. They need to learn teamwork and strategy. Teaching them items and farming FIRST seems like it would lead to even more selfishness, greed, and unacceptable game-playing behavior.

Case in point:
    I was in AO2 yesterday. A lvl 45 Mage joined the game. He died every two seconds. No kidding. I asked him what equipment he was using. It was all horrible. Like the white bone cloth trash drop from lost ex. I asked him if he had found pinks and purples ever. He said yes but he sold them for a specific weapon. Then, he sold that too. So I gave him a full set of khafra purples and a good purple lvl 45 staff. I told him to never sell the equipment his char needs- just to sell things he doesn't need. I told him when he finds pinks to replace what I gave him, he should just give the purple set to someone that needs help. So, a few hours later, he's in game again, dying and naked again while begging to buy my voodoo doll I failed in my effort to teach or help or change the situation.

I'm not sure the right path.
    I think the first right step is not allowing anyone below a level 30 into AO2.
    I personally think the "xp runs" for complete newbies at crazy levels like AO2 have single-handedly created the mynas generation. And it's a shame

The swamps should absolutely be mandatory to get to any Oasis campaign, in my opinion. The swamps are hard. Teamwork & game skills have to be learned to survive in there
    Last edited by Furrawn; 08-17-2010 at 09:13 PM.
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

I wish we could back to the LE and Fathom days, back when everyone knew everyone else, there weren't very many noobs or enemies, you didn't get asked for gold or free weapons every second, or get sent friend requests, and when power leveling and farming were unheard of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    I wish we could back to the LE and Fathom days, back when everyone knew everyone else, there weren't very many noobs or enemies, you didn't get asked for gold or free weapons every second, or get sent friend requests, and when power leveling and farming were unheard of.
    Me, too, Mystic. Me, too.
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

But MD, everyone should do Swamps at least once. And if they hate it, the rest of those five levels of XP can be gotten from Skeller.

Seriously, I learned a LOT in Swamps. The biggest things I learned were:
    1. Create a sequence of debuffing them and buffing yourself, then hit them with your biggest combo. It wasn't really necessary to debuff the opposition until Swamps and so I underestimated the value of those skills. Now I use them all the time.
    2. Don't let yourself get pulled!!! If you're an archer and the bear stomps and the mage does a fireball, and you're on auto-attack, you get pulled into their kill box where they swarm and kill you. The only way to survive is to learn to wait for them to come back. They always come back. But I would not have learned THIS in Skeller.
    3. Know your enemy. Some go down easily, some heal others, some are really tough. Take out the healers first, then the mages who don't heal, etc.

These are the more sophisticated strategies that seem to be missing from people who skip the Swamps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There should be something like an exchange building where you could put offers up to buy or sell items and everyone else could see that offer so you would trade much faster
    Google ftw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ibmk View Post
    There should be something like an exchange building where you could put offers up to buy or sell items and everyone else could see that offer so you would trade much faster
    1. This couldn't be more OT
    2. They are working on an auction hous to be added to the game soon
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    But MD, everyone should do Swamps at least once. And if they hate it, the rest of those five levels of XP can be gotten from Skeller.

1. Create a sequence of debuffing them and buffing yourself, then hit them with your biggest combo. It wasn't really necessary to debuff the opposition until Swamps and so I underestimated the value of those skills. Now I use them all the time.
    2. Don't let yourself get pulled!!! If you're an archer and the bear stomps and the mage does a fireball, and you're on auto-attack, you get pulled into their kill box where they swarm and kill you. The only way to survive is to learn to wait for them to come back. They always come back. But I would not have learned THIS in Skeller.
    3. Know your enemy. Some go down easily, some heal others, some are really tough. Take out the healers first, then the mages who don't heal, etc.

These are the more sophisticated strategies that seem to be missing from people who skip the Swamps.
    I tottally agree with this when ancient swamps came out all those monthes ago it taught me what skills really matter and made team work extremly important because of how tough the enemies were.
    Mains: Dahood lvl55 Archer/Lvl11 Operative/Prest lvl36 Tank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post

Hmm, so very true, I was mainly thinking about us that level new characters, since we already have been there, we already have been taught that, but the new players will learn vital information to help them in higher level expansions, and in PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Great idea, well thought out, with thoughtful and constructive comments.