Thread: Special Bosses and How to Defeat Them

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Default Special Bosses and How to Defeat Them

Thread in construction...
    Have any questions? Suggestions? Want something added? Did I spell something wrong? Put wrong information? Forget to add something? Just post a reply and let me know!

Sandstone Caves:

Magnetic Golem:

If you kill the boss fast enough there's nothing special you need to do but if you can't kill the boss fast enough...
    After you attack the boss for a while orbs will appear along the wall. Stay inside the blue orb to stay alive. These orbs always go in the same pattern every game, so you can memorize them.

Magic Golems:

To kill these golems you must keep them apart. Using stomp on both, beckon on one, or any way that works for you to separate them is fine. If you do not separate them, it will take quite long to kill them because of the large heals they have.

Onyx:

If your group does good damage, the fastest way is to keep attacking Onyx.

If your group is not as good, keep attacking Onyx until one of the four golems has a green orb. Attack that golem until the green orb disappears, or until it dies. Repeat steps until all golems are gone, then defeat Onyx.

Alien Oasis: Part III

Gurgox:

Gurgox has a special instant-kill attack. To identify this attack, having volume and hearing a roar is useful. But if you are playing soundless, like I usually do, you can identify his move by seeing orange/reddish color being emitted around him. To survive his special, you must use a green orb. Or a harder way, which is way harder, you time a heal/potion and use it the exact moment he does his special.

Overlord:

The overlord is simple when you know what to do. Make sure to have decent armor and a mage or two. He can actually one hit kill you if you have low armor and health so make sure to have a good tank.

With birds it will be super easy. A bird can actually solo the Overlord and be able to kill him in a few seconds. This requires you to be high level though.

For groups with birds, have the bird use blast shot when the Overlord has the mana shield over him. It looks like a blue aura. The Overlord says "I'm Invincible" when he has this shield, it's true, he is. When the bird blast shots the shield and the shield disappears, attack the Overlord. Repeat until Overlord dies.

For groups without birds, it will take longer, but it's still possible. When the Overlord has his shield, use barrels to kill the shield instead.

Balefort Sewers:

Gold Fever:

Stay away from the person with the fever!
    Attack Gold Fever until one of the treasure chests has a green orb. Then keep attacking Gold Fever until another chest has a green orb. Repeat steps until Gold Fever dies.

Bandit King and Queen:

Lure the queen or king out of the room, or pull them both out and drag one of them until they run back to the room. Do not try to fight both of them together! They can pull off a move that works like an instant-kill! The bosses can be quite hard to kill alone, make sure to have a lot of damage or a good damaging group! If you are new to the lure one out thing, or it fails, run away quickly and try again! It's useful to have an experienced backup mage. Make sure to destroy the chest in the middle of the room once you kill both bosses for your drop.

Roach:

(Recommended but optional): Destroy all trash bins first.

Once you start damaging this roach, don't destroy the trash bins or even damage them or you're healing him! The roach also deals a good amount of damage, so make sure to have a tank and some mages.

Tip: Try to avoid using multiple target skills or AOE (area of enemy) skills when fighting the roach. This way you can avoid damaging the trash bins.

Goblin:

The Goblin is pretty simple. Keep attacking him. Once green sparkles start appearing around the totem next to him, destroy the totem, or you'd be letting him heal.

Nuri's Hallows:

The Snake Charmer:

The snake charmer uses 2 types of waves. A rock wave and a red wave. The red wave only affects you if you get hit by the rock wave. You can avoid these waves by hiding behind pillars, opposite side from the Snake Charmer. If you do not get hit by the rock wave, you can move freely without worrying about the red wave killing you. If your speed gets slower and you notice rocks around your avatar, move behind a pillar opposite side from Snake Charmer at once.

Nuri:

Optional (this can increase speed of boss fight): When a mirror changes color, stop attacks going to Nuri and go to the mirror that changed color. Tap/click on the mirror to interact with it. When done with the mirror, the purple orb on Nuri will disappear for an amount of time. While the purple orb isn't there, Nuri gets damaged more with attacks.

Mount Fang:

Duke Edward:

Optional: Pull him outside of the room next to the knight in the corner, closest to the room. (Right next to the room) This way, thrall vampires won't spawn.

Aunt Emma:

Before in the release of Mount Fang, you could get a hefty 100 kills from her. Now when nerfed, Aunt Emma is 200x easier, but here's a few survival tips.

Melee (Bears, Warbirds, Paladins): Use your attacks right next to Aunt Emma, once she stops doing the big blue circle thing attacks for 1 second, run back to the wall or a corner. If you are getting the main damage from her, meaning she is targeting you, under any circumstances, do not run out of the room.

Medium Range (Mages, Some Bird Skills, Bears): Stay in the middle of Aunt Emma and the wall, this way you can use closer ranged attacks.

Long Range, or Wall Range (Bow Bears, Birds, Longer Ranged Mage Skills): Stay in the wall or corner of the room, attack from there, you will not need to move. Just attack.

The super power blue ring attack goes on about a 6 second cycle. To identify this, you can either count or notice when she starts a small circle. This is also identified earlier when she stops attacking with large blue rings for about 1 or 2 seconds.

Baron Glut:

Make sure to have high armor when being targeted by him, he can also run super fast so try to keep him in one place.

Count Vlad:

The most feared vampire. All I can say is to kite him and stay away from melee range and his bats. Also have a good tank and some mages for healing and reviving.
    Last edited by Swimmingstar; 05-26-2012 at 02:21 PM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Swimmingstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Nice! thought it was cool to put all these trick guys in one place. Howabout gurgox and overlord?
    Having farmed too much mothers day weekend I might add that with Emma, her short blue ring is on about a 6 second cycle. Carefull entering the room, in the rare case she happens to START with that attack setting up the kill.
    Birds can act like mele bears ducking in after the sm. blue ring to close with screams, back off and cruel blast ect.
    I bet most would like pics also, but I'm good with either way.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Nice! thought it was cool to put all these trick guys in one place. Howabout gurgox and overlord?
    Having farmed too much mothers day weekend I might add that with Emma, her short blue ring is on about a 6 second cycle. Carefull entering the room, in the rare case she happens to START with that attack setting up the kill.
    Birds can act like mele bears ducking in after the sm. blue ring to close with screams, back off and cruel blast ect.
    I bet most would like pics also, but I'm good with either way.
    Thank you for your suggestions! I'm trying to get pictures but can't get them at the moment. If anyone has any it would be much appreciated. Thread still in construction.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Swimmingstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Hopefully everyone sees this... too many people dying from easy Gurgox...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Not sure how to beat meathead in forest haven.
    Kaytar

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytar View Post
    >.<

Added Gurgox and Overlord.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

for gold fever, i would suggest telling what the fever actually is. it took me a while to figure it out
    Jcyee: 76 PL Bear | 41 AL Warrior | 36 DL Vampire

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Oh. Unequip all your gear, stand in one of the goo piles, and punch meathead once just to get agro. Go afk, and come back in a few minutes, BOOM, dead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hankomachos:652284
    Oh. Unequip all your gear, stand in one of the goo piles, and punch meathead once just to get agro. Go afk, and come back in a few minutes, BOOM, dead.
    That's too good to be true!

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hankomachos View Post
    It doesn't work
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Thanks for all the input! Added some Nuri's Hallows bosses!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It's pretty easy, just run in circles attacking him from distance (If your Mage or Archer)..
    Pocket Legends: Docvoodo Level 50 Enchantress
    Deadeyevoodo Level 6 Dexchantress

Star Legends: Docvoodo Level 9 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Docvoodo View Post
    It's pretty easy, just run in circles attacking him from distance (If your Mage or Archer)..
    What about bear? :O
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

think you should put that using aoe skills on roach can damage bins. which still heals him. maybe define aoe as well.
    N W A

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jespo View Post
    think you should put that using aoe skills on roach can damage bins. which still heals him. maybe define aoe as well.
    Added, thanks for the feedback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

For overlord when i play with teams one of the bird fights him alone at the end cuz the more people fighting him the harder he hits. Don't remember where I heard that but it seems true

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plmafiaboss View Post
    For overlord when i play with teams one of the bird fights him alone at the end cuz the more people fighting him the harder he hits. Don't remember where I heard that but it seems true
    I always thought that the more people inside the map the harder it is.
    I dont know.
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

So hard not to get 1 hit by overlord but now I can survive gurgox!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Hahahahahahah !

Quote Originally Posted by hankomachos View Post
    oh. Unequip all your gear, stand in one of the goo piles, and punch meathead once just to get agro. Go afk, and come back in a few minutes, boom, dead. :d
    Pakax | Eclipse GM
    Pakax - 76 Elf | Pakaxx - 71 Eagle | Pakaxxx - 71 Grizzly | ZeroKarma - 71 Zero Death Eagle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Overlord: the more the merrier. It is not harder when there are more people according to my experience. The problem is having more people when no bird. More people increases your chances of having someone in there who doesn't know about the barrels, and will explode them before you can actually use them to remove mana shield (=annoying).

Fever: getting fever is when you get the exclamation marks above your head - at low level / low armor, it means insta kill a few seconds later. It is contagious so if you do not have fever but are close to one who has (when it explodes) , then you get fever yourself. I find Fever annoying even at lvl66 full int...A good trick is to get a bear to aggro and mages to heal in the background while birds shoot him.

Cont Vlod: KILL the healers first - it makes it a lot easier. To do that, you just need to shoot one from afar and the 4 of them will follow you. Kill them and then move on to Vlod.
    Pakax | Eclipse GM
    Pakax - 76 Elf | Pakaxx - 71 Eagle | Pakaxxx - 71 Grizzly | ZeroKarma - 71 Zero Death Eagle