Thread: Questions From a Returning Player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Default Questions From a Returning Player

I wasn't completely sure where to post this. My ign was previously Cheifr(yes spelled this way) I started this game around 2013 or so and quit after a few years, I popped back in around the 71 cap but left very shortly after. I plan on playing this game loyally again especially now while I'm on deployment and my questions are as follows...

- What is the endgame like now in your opinion? Is it challenging and interesting enough to keep you attached for long periods of time? Is it mostly soloable or is it heavily group oriented?

- I have a rogue that I mained and a mage but I plan on going full on mage this time around, what is currently the ideal pet for me to buy with a budget of around 20mil.

- Is there one ideal armor set that I should buy or strive for when I'm level 76? Do I just buy the highest level arcane weapon and try to use the awakening system to improve it?

- What is currently the most active Twink bracket and how would you rate how expensive it is to be competitive in said bracket?

- I saw somewhere someone mentioned "Gold Loot" awakenings. What armor should I strive to get better "Gold Loot" stats on and what's considered a solid goal for gold loot % gear?

Thank you very much for anyone that takes the time to answer any of these. Feel free to ask if I didn't make any of these questions very clear, I'm not the most literate person i know.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

1- End game isn't really a challenge if you got arcane gears tbh. Most people farm elite gates for gold or deep marsh both maps being very easy with the correct players.
    2- PvE the best class right now is warrior then mage then rog. Pet look for damage reduction pets with good stats. Ideal pet for mage Crit + damage + damage reduction.
    3- Max armor is 8215 in level 76 for 80% damage reduction. Most mages go for bd but prefer to go for int %. Skratch gun Skratch staff ebon vest interr mythic belt ring pend arcane artifact lv 71 / 76.
    4- Level 61 I guess.
    5- Gold loot is the meta but it costs gold to make gold which is the down side. Cinco did say our expansion will be old school loot system meaning it will prob be like the old days looting pet eggs to sell for millions. Locked grand crate of the watch.
    I put a lot of in game info in this server, it is not completed yet because there is so much to input.
    https://discord.gg/uYG4tQTHJV

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

I wouldnt invest much now if low budget since expansion might be up coming

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

1 - Don't get me wrong. It's still challenging but just not the way you may have previously thought so. If challenging means hard-to-kill mobs and bosses then no it isn't anymore the case, especially with more players nowadays with OP gear. However, maps like elite vardan gates still pose a good challenge for players, despite having full gears, due to the sole fact of varying strategies being needed and the continuous need to not die which becomes progressively more difficult the longer you farm that map.

2 - I would say for PVE now, the ranking goes Mage - Warrior - Rogue. Mage cause they are great everywhere may it be in deep marsh or elite gates. Warrior just because you need that toon to clear mobs so others don't die but mages still clear as fast if not better but the risk of mages dying is greatly higher so this is why warriors have become mainstays for wave-type maps like EVG but for DM or other regular maps that require running and clearing, mages still dominate. Rogues are in a bad place right now for PVE since they are the slowest in clearing, their ulti is single target and single use, skills also target singular enemies only, shield skill is nothing compared to mage's arc shield, and overall mages are just better.

3 - To be OP at current lvl cap, you need a plethora of arcane and mythic gears since with the existence of hotbars, you could switch to other gear loadouts which grants you the ability to stack procs, which thereby created the current meta. Aim for both lvl 76 arcane weapons, a 71 arcane weapon, 76 arcane/mythic and/or 71 arcane rings, pendants, belts, and artifacts. Respective stats awakes are the best to go for (int for mage, str for warrior, dex for rogue). Try getting at least 2% or higher of your respective stat on each piece of gear to be decent and capable at endgame. Legendary gear are now completely trash since even set items give greatly better stats. Armor is capped at 8000 or so warriors need not worry about armor if they surpass this number. As for mages and rogues, some armor awakes are also good to have so as not to die so easily.

4 - Used to run twinks back in the day but the brackets I played (11, 31, 47) are most likely inactive today. 61 and 71 still exist and 76 which is endgame pvp as well but other than those, it's hard to tell if existing twinks in those brackets are now just purely for show.

5 - Gold loot is the core to becoming rich in AL without spending real-life resources. Aim for at least 200gl-300gl total gold loot from gear then slowly work your way up to around 400gl-600gl for really good income. More than 600gl is reserved for the richest players as some even have in excess of 1000gl. Of course, it is recommended to not spend on gold loot gear before spending on actual gear. Become OP first through savings from events and then buy your gold loot since gold loot is useless if you can't and no one will want to run with you cause of your bad stats and lacking gears.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Xtremez For This Useful Post:

Senior Member firebelt & crystalkiller's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

I don't think you will get bored playing it casually..or actively.
    Usually in most mmorpgs you get to a point where there's nothing more to do that's worth the time or which is fun enough..but this game has stuff that can take years to achieve ..
    Running for lb is damn fun. Especially is mechanics are fun for the particular lb.
    Getting rich is fun..which is harder/rewarding than any mmorpg I've ever played.(trust me I've tried a lot)

Getting stronger gear is fun cuz the extent to which u can max a char is unlimited with awakening mechanic. And there is wayy too frequent content for a game like this ..you won't run out of stuff to do for a long time.

The community is one of the best imo.be a regular forum user its so imp.

And once u strongly get into it you prolly will never quit..but might take short breaks. I've been playing since 2013 I took so many breaks but still am here.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I mean come on players who know what they are doing wouldn't sell their gears or heavily expect to get good stuff right away when expansion drops. Prices of new gear would be through the roof and unless you have that kind of gold, it will never be viable to aim for lvl 81 gears. Besides, deep marsh and elite vardan gates are here to stay aren't they? Just keep your currently OP gears as they are crucial in farming the new maps plus you'd need them too for proc stacking as no one is even sure if the new set of arcane weapons are of any use in terms of procs. In short, it's ok to spend on currently considered OP gears as this will allow you to get gold while being ensured that you aren't left behind when expansion drops. A stat of 1500+ would guarantee that you are still good to go even during the 81 cap. Only buy 81 gear a year later or so since prices would have become stable by that time and much more affordable at that...