Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
First, 3D missions will no longer cost energy. This makes them free to play infinitely! Campaign maps will be condensed down to their playable 3D missions to reduce clutter, with the cut-scene actions replaced by a new “Contacts” system. The Contacts are where your energy will be going now, and they unlock per campaign as you progress through the 3D missions. Contacts are given tasks, special to each contact, which allow you to choose how long it takes for them to complete.
Additionally we’re working on a “Minion” system. As a brief overview the idea here is that you are rewarded for returning day after day, benefitting you with a super awesome reward every 5th day! Miss a day or two however, and the rewards he has for you might have been taken by another vampire. More details on this one later. Just a peek for the moment!

On a final note we are also working on a goal system, which should help to streamline new user and veteran users experience as they play through the content to make sure they take advantage of all that Dark Legends has to offer.
I'm looking forward to the customizable contacts missions - will suit my playing time better. Will setting it for longer duration make it cost more energy?

The minions sound potentially pretty cool too. I should have some ghouls and thralls and beasties working for me as a proper vampire lord.

Goals system is pretty undefined so I can only say it sounds interesting, looking forward to learning more.

As for the infinitely playable active (3d) missions,
  • not too thrilled about bringing back the "psycho players with no life have all the best gear and all the money" but I also recognize those players are a major part of your bread and butter so...it is what it is
  • but at the same time it will be nice to play an active mission whenever I feel like it, even with all energy invested in passives (contacts/cut-scenes.)

So I'll be glad for the good.

And I'm still waiting for my vampire banana.

Thanks for the info Carapace!