Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Carapace - Dark Legends Lead!

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #61
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alex_sunder View Post
    In my opinion current energy system is great:
    1) It brings ballance between casual players and grinder-maniacs (while providing enouth playtime: 25 nrj is enougth for about 9-12 runs which takes about half an hour of play each 2 hours(full regen takes 2:10)). And casual playing players has a chance to FARM and GEAR not so bad comparing to people who "live" in game.
    2) It makes you think before taking the mission, and do it thoroughly - not a
    senceless rush of a sprinter to the goal.
    3) Limited energy stimulates PVP, which at the moment gives absolutely no in-game privelegies exept for titles (besides the fun of cource). And if there was no limit on dungeons runs, there would be substationaly less people on arenas.
    4) If the energy requirements for dungeons disappears - the ingame economy will collapse. The prises on pinks will drop dramaticly, and greens will be totaly unnesessary if you can buy pinks cheap. Which will result total reduction of turnover. Also it'll be much more difficult to save enouth gold for vanities.
    Some great points here, I'll comment quickly on each one:

1) The particular point you're mentioning in regards to gear in relation to pure running of 3D content, there are plans to have the minions and contacts provide scaling rewards based on the time you let them run for. Without going into too much detail if you choose to have a contact do something for 24h, upon their return you may receive a bushel of items from a relevant loot table, compared to the players grinding through and focusing on quicker contact actions to boost their XP and Gold gain. We feel this will balance out the problem you're pointing out here but nothing is perfect, and we will be adjusting once it is released.

2) In the end this comes down to individual players. Some like to stop and smell the roses, and others like to speed through for the xp gain at the end. It's not up to us to decide which method the player should play so much as allow players the means to play as they please within the confines of the game rules. This new system will help to appease more varying play styles while still providing cool rewards for players that approach it from those different angles.

3) This is very true, and PvP may see a small decline upon this system launching. We will be monitoring the boards and feedback on these things and we can adjust accordingly. New pvp arenas are in the works for the future, and we can always revisit the matching criteria to favor populated games based on hwo this plays out. Even with the easier access to PvE content a majority of players still really enjoy the PvP in Dark Legends, and I would expect that to continue to be healthy.

4) The current idea is likely to start integrating certain vanities into the world as very rare drops to reduce the crazy requirement of gold for certain outfits. While it's true the prices for gear will begin to drop on the AH as more flood the market, certain items will always be more primo for PvP vs PvE, and priced accordingly by players. There are some other things we can do to reintroduce rarer or different items to keep the economy from flat-lining. Very valid concern.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Will we be getting a guild leaderboard?
    A true Star Legend...
    |SL: Eng-Artstar, Op-Demoneyes, Comm-Skullflower|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Thanks for summarizing, some very nice concerns have been thought over by the devs.
    From my point of view as u said few things are important to keep the interest in the game alive
    1) Level cap and new skills
    2) PVP
    3) Trading and CS
    4) PVE
    5) Forums and Friends

I think personally for me these things are very important and had made me hook to the game more than SL for more than 5 hours a day despite my work.
    I love this as it gives me excitement and fun.
    So I request you to continue to look into above mentioned factors.

Enirea
    Last edited by anshdoc; 05-25-2012 at 02:54 AM.

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Offering my lifetime supply for no largest guild leaderboard... but instead, some other form of cumulative guild leaderboard:

total of all guildies pve kills

total of all guildies pvp kills

etc...

most max members makes guilds do bad things to each other... and so far... the guilds in DL have been peaceful.
    Testament: 41 Engineer
    Pwnie Czar/Founding Member-Sparkling Pwnies

Gravity is a myth... the Earth sucks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Will the minions yield xp now?
    Mrbanana,Fathomgen,Mrluffy,Pleasemenow,Expiired,Mr sluffy

Whoever found this post helpful vote up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Excuse me but I would like to ask a question: I have given over 500 plat in item packs and ecliptic gem packs. Without trying to whine or refund or anything like this, can the items raise level as we do? It would not be right if I had to get lvl 26 items again using 500 plat or more Thank you for reading this comment
    DL: love|Floating|Olympian|Cornflake
    pl: Karma|VVorld

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Floating View Post
    Excuse me but I would like to ask a question: I have given over 500 plat in item packs and ecliptic gem packs. Without trying to whine or refund or anything like this, can the items raise level as we do? It would not be right if I had to get lvl 26 items again using 500 plat or more Thank you for reading this comment
    I was thinking about this yesterday I would love to see a plat weapon that progresses with you for like 3-4 lvls beyond the lvl u purchase it at. Honestly I would feel a lot better making an investment into an item

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #68
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barbamitsos View Post
    Will the minions yield xp now?
    No Barbamitsos, the form of the xp gathered in Dark Legends from running the 3D missions will remain a flat and consistent rate independent from the number of mobs in a dungeon. Changing this would have a sweeping effect on a lot of other systems, including balance and min/max proclivity for farming Mission X. By making all of the 3D missions worth the same experience, but offer different loot we're encouraging players to play the missions they like to play, or the missions that have the legendaries they are after without worrying about not progressing their character fairly. We're also allowed more breathing room to make encounters interesting and more fun for the player without having to worry about creating an exploitable inbalance between the content.

So in short, individual mob XP gain will not be a change that likely comes to Dark Legends.

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #69
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphan Fox View Post
    Offering my lifetime supply for no largest guild leaderboard... but instead, some other form of cumulative guild leaderboard:

total of all guildies pve kills

total of all guildies pvp kills

etc...

most max members makes guilds do bad things to each other... and so far... the guilds in DL have been peaceful.
    We're investigating some ideas for a guild leaderboard, and while it's not something we're in motion on right now (due to all the other crazy stuff we're working on!), it's possible in the future a guild leaderboard will likely use a system along the lines of what you're describing. We would want to handle the leaderboards in a way that becomes gameplay oriented in regards to PvE kills, PvP kill, Legendaries farmed, or other such stats that create a competitive edge in players who are mindful while avoiding a scenario where "Our guild is the best! We have 438 members and you only have 243!". That's not as much fun, and the wrong kind of competitive in our opinion for Dark Legends.

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #70
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeokateva View Post
    I was thinking about this yesterday I would love to see a plat weapon that progresses with you for like 3-4 lvls beyond the lvl u purchase it at. Honestly I would feel a lot better making an investment into an item

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
    We are looking into crafting systems and the like to eventually provide players with benefits along these lines. No details are available yet but we're thinking on it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    That's not as much fun, and the wrong kind of competitive in our opinion for Dark Legends.
    No Guild Leader Board...causes to many arguments (And threads of endless rants)...let the guilds prove the best by the members and word of mouth. Only then will people see who is the best. they should also disappear from Pl and SL.
    Last edited by octavos; 05-25-2012 at 10:50 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

12. The Following User Says Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #72
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    No Guild Leader Board...causes to many arguments (And threads of endless rants)...let the guilds prove the best by the members and word of mouth. Only then will people see who is the best. they should also disappear from Pl and SL.
    And these are exactly the things we need to be aware of when toying with a system that may only benefit a few versus the masses. Feedback like this is important in our discussion of these topics.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Maybe you would be the person to ask about the feeding flashing. When you get to full, and don't feed for a bit, it flashes, which makes sense, you can't just save it forever. But if you feed, then start building up again, it is still flashing, as in it does not reset the time out. This gets really annoying, and can lasts for days because it stays with you when you log out and come back. I posted about it, and there had been talk, but not sure if this is still on the radar.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

How about add some vanity drop ?
    The vanity from store ofcourse untradeable even we bought it with gold, and the item that we can put in auction house only weapon and gem which is cheap i think because the easiest game to farm gold is dark legends , both pocket legends and star legends is hard to get gold/credit but both have vanities that price over million. The game is already awesome, i just want to say my opinion. Thanks for a great job to make this cool game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Hum hum for sure lol no worries on the leaderboard thing I understand. It just feels a bit pointless and dull to cap, for me. I got to the end of the road and felt like I had nothing to show for it. No level-cap vanity, no moving us up on the board, nothing but a title. A title which is pointless to me when the only title/status symbol I want to wear is the Sparkling Pwnies title I've had equipped since guilds came out. Like I said though is all just me, and it's the way I feel. I got to the end of the road and things got dark, and I knew this would happen. So that's part of why I took till last week to cap.

I'm so happy I'm a part of the AoC, it keeps me inspired to play/help people along their way to the 'end of the road.'
    Last edited by ArtStar; 05-25-2012 at 08:15 PM.
    A true Star Legend...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ArtStar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArtStar View Post
    Hum hum for sure lol no worries on the leaderboard thing I understand. It just feels a bit pointless and dull to cap, for me. I got to the end of the road and felt like I had nothing to show for it. No level-cap vanity, no moving us up on the board, nothing but a title. A title which is pointless to me when the only title/status symbol I want to wear is the Sparkling Pwnies title I've had equipped since guilds came out. Like I said though is all just me, and it's the way I feel. I got to the end of the road and things got dark, and I knew this would happen. So that's part of why I took till last week to cap.

I'm so happy I'm a part of the AoC, it keeps me inspired to play/help people along their way to the 'end of the road.'
    We are lucky to even get anything for capping. SL and PL didn't have any vanities until lvl36 and 56 respectively. DL at least got a little something just for the first lvl21 cap. I'm sure they are working on new elite vanity equipment or maybe something cooler.

On a side note question:
    Is the wardrobe achievement going to extend? I feel that it's already expensive as it is and it would be kind of upsetting to have a title ruined by adding more and more wardrobe requirements (unless they are added as gold). At the regular cost the entire wardrobe is around 70-80 USD. But fortunately thanks to this event it's around 35-40 USD to complete now.
    Last edited by Prestige; 05-26-2012 at 06:12 AM.

Dark Legends: Fear- Level 31
    Star Legends: Decay- Level 46 Operative
    Pocket Legends: Prestige- Level 53 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
    We are lucky to even get anything for capping. SL and PL didn't have any vanities until lvl36 and 56 respectively. DL at least got a little something just for the first lvl21 cap. I'm sure they are working on new elite vanity equipment or maybe something cooler.
    Ha ha yeah you're probably right. It really isn't a huge deal lol no worries I was just curious and I got my answer, thanks guys <3
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

OH! And to go with what I said in my last post, will we be able to create our private CTF/DM matches? I don't like joining private games all the time and would like to just have a CTF match with my guild.

Thanks Aaroniero Arruruerie for the awesome signature!
    Star Legends: Shaocalur, Vanished, Desolated
    Dark Legends: Vanished

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Thank god one of these threads exists where the head developer actually responds on a regular basis. Gives me hope that our feedback will be taken in to consideration.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

When will it be here?