Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: half price store sale! booo!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thumbs down half price store sale! booo!

Myself and many people have paid full price for gear and lot of it. Hell just last weekend I wasted 20 bucks trying to get the eclipse gem. That I never got, or anything good for that matter. I tried for the headsman 8 times and that was junk too. I'm tired of wasting my money. I would like to see some system to reward people like myself who bother to try and care enough to pay full price. So far the game don't feel fair. Yes I know the gem and sword were a gamble but cmon! $20 for a gem and I didn't even get a comparable pink! Honestly I feel ripped off and don't think I'm gonna be able to buy anything else. The half price sale and lack of luck have pushed me away. How long will free to play last at this rate? I give up from now on ill just be hanging out, I think I paid enough rent.
    Crossbones lvl 26, ikillgods lvl 22, Trapjaw lvl 22, sackonuts lvl 5

2. The Following User Says Thank You to crossbones For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

yes i agree. there are many of us who paid full plats prices for the items. would care to see if any sts people can do something on this. maybe a plat refund?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Aneheazatek For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Default half price store sale! booo!

-.- its a sale -.- you shouldn't get refund -.- if you think you just bought it at a higher price -.- well you should have waited for this sale -.-

"...And may the odds be ever in your favor." ~Effie Trinket

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

@ xion , it not as if we are pre notified of this drastic sales that everything is at 50% off. This isn't quite fair to the players who spents plat at the original prices.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aneheazatek View Post
    @ xion , it not as if we are pre notified of this drastic sales that everything is at 50% off. This isn't quite fair to the players who spents plat at the original prices.
    I understand that you guys spent a lot of plat on items awhile back but this weekend you can get for a lot cheaper but... Why ask for a refund? You made the decision... Right... Just I kinda mean it's not a big deal to form a thread. Final point: you chose to buy the item, with platinum at that price. Don't be discontent for fair purchases.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

@ xion , Does that mean a item of 25 Plats a few days ago and now it becomes 12 plats is what you are referred as a fair trade? i am just asking in a sense that many of us purchased these items without knowing (obviously ) that there is a 50% off later on. I am just asking for some justification on this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

my point of refund is the 50% price point. Not the full plat price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Default half price store sale! booo!

I understand a few days for a refund... But we don't really want people making refunds from purchases that were like a few months
    ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

@ Xion , take for example , the 2 handed weapon plat set is out only sometime back , and the moon gem set too. shouldn't we get some refund back as well? I am just looking for some clarification or some sort of Fair Play across all players in DL. Of course i am happy with the 50% reduction in plat items. But thinking about the full price i have spend back then , it's was just something that's i hope STS could work something out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

I can understand the frustration but everything you buy works like this, even tooth paste! Sometimes there are sales on tooth paste, buy one get one free. That doesn't mean I come back with my tube of tooth paste demanding another one for free (that's a silly image lol). Granted, there's the argument that at least with tooth paste I'm guaranteed some sort of reward (awesome teeth) whereas with the packs there's no guarantee. However, that's the gamble, right? We don't all get the shiny moon gem....unfortunately

Proud Member of Eclipse
    PL: Rocshana[main, lvl 75]
    AL: Roc [warrior] with my trusty puppy Crescent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aneheazatek:656671
    yes i agree. there are many of us who paid full plats prices for the items. would care to see if any sts people can do something on this. maybe a plat refund?

Basically, you paid full price so you could have a chance at getting an item before someone else. And no smart business would announce a sale ahead of time (unless they need to clear old stock), or no one would pay full price for their items.
    Growwle - My guess is 1050

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default seriously?!

Quote Originally Posted by Xionskull View Post
    -.- its a sale -.- you shouldn't get refund -.- if you think you just bought it at a higher price -.- well you should have waited for this sale -.-
    Waited for this sale?!?! Either gimme a break or share your knowledge with the class. Because I never got a memo saying "SAVE YOUR CASH HALF PRICE SALE COMING SOON!" Am I wrong or did I just not receive the memo? Pffft!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default my toothpaste!

Quote Originally Posted by Roc View Post
    I can understand the frustration but everything you buy works like this, even tooth paste! Sometimes there are sales on tooth paste, buy one get one free. That doesn't mean I come back with my tube of tooth paste demanding another one for free (that's a silly image lol). Granted, there's the argument that at least with tooth paste I'm guaranteed some sort of reward (awesome teeth) whereas with the packs there's no guarantee. However, that's the gamble, right? We don't all get the shiny moon gem....unfortunately
    Dude I never got one pink! In 20 bucks not ONE! I DIDN'T GET TOOTHPASTE OR ANYTHING TO RETURN! I GOT A BUNCH OF GREEN TRASH THAT ONLY GETS YOU 18 GOLD A PIECE TO CASH OUT! THEN I TRIED FOR HEADSMANS AND ONLY GOT A STUPID HAMMER! AND SOME SWORDS THAT WEREN'T WORTH THE PIXELS THEY USED TO MAKE EM! I don't even expect a refund, I just want some kind of FAIRNESS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crossbones:656761
    Quote Originally Posted by Roc View Post
    Dude I never got one pink! In 20 bucks not ONE! I DIDN'T GET TOOTHPASTE OR ANYTHING TO RETURN! I GOT A BUNCH OF GREEN TRASH THAT ONLY GETS YOU 18 GOLD A PIECE TO CASH OUT! THEN I TRIED FOR HEADSMANS AND ONLY GOT A STUPID HAMMER! AND SOME SWORDS THAT WEREN'T WORTH THE PIXELS THEY USED TO MAKE EM! I don't even expect a refund, I just want some kind of FAIRNESS.
    Sad part is that I hate the mint in toothpaste.
    Second of all, if you really think you want something out of it to make it fair, just email support and they'll patch this up.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

@ Growwle , Basically , there isnt any old or new stock in this game. If you want to make a comparision of New and Old Stocks , what about the recent Moon Gem Pack and the Headman 2 hand sword pack? Are they considered old as well? We people paid for the same equipment but for a difference in price. I would defintely need to see some justification in this especially with the New Moon Gem Pack and the Headsman Pack.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

If you bought an item at full price then it was obviously worth it to you at that point in time. If it wasn't you wouldn't have paid for it. Therefore, since it was worth it to you at the point in time of the purchase, you don't have anything to complain about, IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

umm... I just wanted to say, sales are inevitable! If you've played another sts or ANY game with a cash shop, you'd know there are always sales at some point!! I've never played a cash shop game without sales before, and if there are any I think they'd suck...

So I don't get why you're so upset about the sale. They were bound to have one at some point. It was completely possible to save your platinum till it came. Obviously you can never know how much the sale will be or when, but the fact is that they WILL come eventually. This one was like, the first(?) big sale and it definitely won't be the last..

If you feel ripped off then either don't risk any more money on gambling, or take advantage of the sale now and save while you can!! Obviously spending nothing saves you more though! Depends what you want to do... lol

Personally, I wish they would get rid of the gambling altogether, I'd rather pay a higher set price than risk spending 10x as much and maybe not get anything. But it's gambling after all, and gambling makes a lot of money! Not so much for the spenders though... haha.. >_>

Please click HERE for better quality picture!!^^
    ~☆~ Join my group Chilla Crazy ~☆~
    DL: Ayako - lvl 20/PL: Ayachilla - lvl 33

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

1. You got the items earlier and took advantage of them before now.
    2. If you see a shop selling the same shoes, for example, as the ones you already own, but this week they're on sale. Do you go in a kick up a fuss that you paid extra?
    3. Sts are a business, they aren't gonna give any refunds for what you paid for. You got what you bought and you knew the price when you did.
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Growwle View Post
    And no smart business would announce a sale ahead of time (unless they need to clear old stock), or no one would pay full price for their items.
    on the contrary, this almost ALWAYS happens.

Why does ANY business have sales? To attract buyers and increase sales. You're saying they want to hide the fact a sale is coming?

I've always given STS an A+ in most areas. But time and again, they are a fail from a PR standpoint. I wonder if they even have a PR person to handle things at all sometimes.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Crossbones I am sorry to hear your problem. There are two things that i would like to tell you:
    1) These are gamble packs and there is one chance to get the items you want. I gave over 800 plat for headsman pack and finally, after trying so hard i got it
    2) Sts support can help. Send them an email and tell them your problem. They will contact you and tell you what they can do for you
    DL: love|Floating|Olympian|Cornflake
    pl: Karma|VVorld