Thread: Skeletonlord's tip of the week *Work In Progress*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

I thought...it was rude to talk about someone behind their back??? But I guess the intention is that you hope your comments will all be read and the OP will feel so terrible that he never dare start a thread again. Reading all these comments, I can feel the frustration is oozing out of many of them. You may be thinking, "Oh, OP hasn't learned his lesson yet, so let's be a bit blunter, a bit harsher, a bit meaner." Maybe that's not what you thought, but that is certainly how I read the comments.

I've seen the threads too, the many that I thought didn't particularly cater to forum peeps who mostly know basic game mechanics, but frustration is not an excuse for an all out assault or the sarcastic remarks. If I read these pages of responses to a thread I created, I would not feel the need to change. No, I would be very, very depressed. I don't know what you are thinking. I don't know what the OP thinks. I can only say what I think and I think that the point has been made clearly through sarcasm and meanness and that is not the way to get someone to change.

P.S.

I may also sound annoyed, but it's really not annoyance...it's more said with a sigh.
    Last edited by Roc; 05-26-2012 at 11:19 PM.

Proud Member of Eclipse
    PL: Rocshana[main, lvl 75]
    AL: Roc [warrior] with my trusty puppy Crescent

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roc View Post
    I thought...it was rude to talk about someone behind their back??? But I guess the intention is that you hope your comments will all be read and the OP will feel so terrible that he never dare start a thread again. Reading all these comments, I can feel the frustration is oozing out of many of them. You may be thinking, "Oh, OP hasn't learned his lesson yet, so let's be a bit blunter, a bit harsher, a bit meaner." Maybe that's not what you thought, but that is certainly how I read the comments.

I've seen the threads too, the many that I thought didn't particularly cater to forum peeps who mostly know basic game mechanics, but frustration is not an excuse for an all out assault or the sarcastic remarks. If I read these pages of responses to a thread I created, I would not feel the need to change. No, I would be very, very depressed. I don't know what you are thinking. I don't know what the OP thinks. I can only say what I think and I think that the point has been made clearly through sarcasm and meanness and that is not the way to get someone to change.

P.S.

I may also sound annoyed, but it's really not annoyance...it's more said with a sigh.

Unfortunately, some people only learn the hard way.

Even then, the hard way doesn't sink through some people's skulls

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER View Post
    Unfortunately, some people only learn the hard way.

Even then, the hard way doesn't sink through some people's skulls
    Even though the urge may be to smack someone's skull with a hammer, enough small nudges in the right directer over time will do the same thing. It's just a matter of patience (which seems to have run dry lol) (but I guess this doesn't completely counter your argument of only the hard way working XD)

I also felt that publicly denouncing someone is not the way to go. It's like talking to someone when you know the person in question is nearby listening and your intention is that he hears you talking bad about him. It's not right, and on forums the equivalent of a face to face meeting is PMing so I agree with the numerous suggestions of just PMing. Even if you get a negative response back, even if you get no response back, even if it isn't even read, you typed out your thoughts/feelings and that's worthwhile...at least, in my experience XD I've typed lots of passionate emails to people without ever sending them
    Last edited by Roc; 05-26-2012 at 11:30 PM.

Proud Member of Eclipse
    PL: Rocshana[main, lvl 75]
    AL: Roc [warrior] with my trusty puppy Crescent

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Roc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roc View Post
    Even though the urge may be to smack someone's skull with a hammer, enough small nudges in the right directer over time will do the same thing. It's just a matter of patience (which seems to have run dry lol)

I also felt that publicly denouncing someone is not the way to go. It's like talking to someone when you know the person in question is nearby listening and your intention is that he hears you talking bad about him. I agree with the numerous suggestions of just PMing. Even if you get a negative response back, even if you get no response back, even if it isn't even read, you typed out your thoughts/feelings and that's worthwhile...at least, in my experience XD I've typed lots of angry emails to people without ever sending them :P
    The problem is, most ways of addressing the Issue have been exhausted, thus leading to utter frustration from people who have tried many, many times and different ways to help alleviate/fix the issue.

At least people have been mostly restrained in their responses to the OP. I've had PMs/texts of FAAAAAAARRRR worse things said, so at least it hasn't gotten to the point where people are straight up pissed about it publicly, it's more like very, very upset right now.

-------AEO-------