Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Has Anyone Else Had Enough of "Hats"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Spiritualist, I guess I came off as rather harsh. Let me try to say it in a nicer tone.

You got to level 45 so fast and you have so many pinks and you are already loaded with gold that you will never use, but, you are bored with the game and you want AO3. Also, you got to level 45 with the help of others. You now want to know who is asking to be your friend so they won't ask you for help.

Well, I am not attacking your character. I am merely pointing this out. If you don't see how that may appear to someone like me, who has several characters playing through ALL the campaigns, then I am giving you a chance to look from my eyes.

I recommend that you find new pleasure in this game by starting a new character and play this character through the quests and then save him for the next quests when they come out.

Sometimes level 45s join me and I hope they have fun, but I don't play above my level, and that is what I mean by "the way it was meant to be played". I believe this is more fun, and I believe that people who get their first character power-levelled are bored easily simply because they didn't have to work for their accomplishments. Believe me, the fish you catch tastes better than the fish you buy.

I hope that is put more nicely, and please forgive me for sounding harsh. I was typing between jobs at work and did not stop to conside how it might sound.
    Thank you for your comments, it's nice to read and I appreciate your discussion and manner. But I will correct you on a couple of things, and hopefully you will take this in the positive manner in which it's meant.

I certainly don't have loads of money. I don't know where you get the idea that I have more money than I know what to do with. I'll tell you, I only have 190k. I'm trying to save up for a Djinn Wand, Voodoo Doll and Galxyz which I think will cost me around 1,000,000 gold in total. So trust me, I have a small collection of pinks that no one wants to buy and if I did, they are worth 5k from what I've seen (no one to date has commented on my "Price Check" thread).

I do read your comments but they are not correct, at least how I would explain them. Yes perhaps I did get to 45 quickly, but I did play a lot, I think. Yes I did get a lot of help from a couple of 45s when I was around lvl 35+ but getting from lvl 1 to 30-odd was done mainly by grouping with like levels. I don't consider that I was power levelled - I certainly don't recall any 45s running around with me when I was a newbie, getting me loads of levels. And remember, quests weren't around when I levelled so there is a difference to how some play now.

And you are wrong when you say I won't help people - I will do. I do. I guess you might be refering to the "add level to Pending request" thread but again let me be clear on that. If you are a lvl 45 hanging around Town, you get bombarded with friends requests from everyone. I have lvl 1s saying "I want money", "Give me your spare stuff free", etc. as I'm sure many people get. To date I friend everyone but if that's all that people want, that can often be inferred by their level. In other words, I look at it and say if someone is lvl 13 or above, they have a commitment to the game and I will blindly add them as a friend if I receive a request, whether I know them or not. For levels 13 or less, I'd like to get to know them first to understand their motives and dedication. After all, would you want to help people, give them stuff or whatever if they are likely to only play for a few hours or days? I'd rather pass on some knowledge and help to those that may in turn help others when they are non-newbies. "You now want to know who is asking to be your friend so they won't ask you for help" is just wrong and misinformed; I never said that, or at least it was never the intent. That's all...

Yes I would like AO3, as I'm sure many others would, but I'm not bored... I love the game and will continue to play. And pay for content that I like.

I had noticed that you have several characters, none of which are maxed out. And I'm suprised about that... I would imagine that most players would go as far as they can before starting a new one... no? But I will take on your task and start a new character, if nothing else than to prove you wrong about me and my motives. But rest assured, Spiritualist will still be around as he has lots to learn, lots to earn and lots to buy.

Anyway... so what hat would you like the devs to make next for you?
    Last edited by Spiritualist; 08-20-2010 at 03:53 PM.
    AL: Aardzol (lvl 25 Sorcerer) | PL: Spiritualist (lvl 50 Mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cinco have you ever thought of a fez lol fezes are cool doctor who refrence ftw XD still I agree with him make fezes I'll buy
    Richard Nixon: Who needs ammo when you've got looks like mine
    I'm an ex-PL player gonna make a comeback, so when i do, you better be ready for Silvercreed

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Love the hats and I hope the one me and my team designed gets into game. But the prices for hats are rediculous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Machinima View Post
    Love the hats and I hope the one me and my team designed gets into game. But the prices for hats are rediculous.
    Nice design, check with the devs if you can submit a group design as one of the rules is:

IMPORTANT NOTE! To enter, the submission MUST be your own design and art!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Fair enough, spiritualist. I don't really know you, and I am glad you set me straight. But I hope yup will do it because assomers explained it so clearly, rather than to prove me wrong about your motives. I don't know your motives, so there would nothing to disprove. But I can tell you that I made a new character for quests and I read each story board completely. The story is fun! And it is funny, too, sometimes. I hope you like it as much as I did.

Be sure to add me so I can power level ya... J/k

No seriously, I would like to be friends. I just have this knee jerk reaction when people don't seem to appreciate all the cool stuff we are getting practically for free, and one or two things that will help them pay their bills is such a small price.

I was hoping the derby I got in a treasure drop would someday look like a derby, otherwise, I got a sombrero and I will get some headphones eventually.

Snakes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Snakespeare, I'll certainly do that... and I'm sure our paths will cross in-game, if not in the forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wonder whether there will be theme hats, like ones for Halloween, Thanks Giving, Christmas and the like...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritualist View Post
    I wonder whether there will be theme hats, like ones for Halloween, Thanks Giving, Christmas and the like...
    Well they already kinda have a christmasy hat, the holiday hat one which cost 20 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I am looking forward to the return of face paint.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    I am looking forward to the return of face paint.
    Yup, I keep going to put on my ursan warlord armor, only to remember it's just plain black armor now
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I <3 hats. Headphones ftw.

Flaimdude: Lvl31 Mage Flaimer: Lvl15 Arch Flaimior: Lvl14 Bear
    "If you're not careful asommers will catch up to you lol" ~Royce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

santa hat ftmfw

keep the hats coming
    Nouda- lvl 100 pally
    helllaflush- lvl 45 birdy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritualist View Post

I had noticed that you have several characters, none of which are maxed out. And I'm suprised about that... I would imagine that most players would go as far as they can before starting a new one... no?
    actually, i did the same thing snakes did, i have three charachters at the moment, a lvl 30ish ursan, a lvl 29 elf, and a lvl 12 avian, i made one of each type so that i could figure out which one i like the best...i still havent figured that out...lol

and as for your desire for the devs to add lvl to pending requests, i completely agree...i keep having lvl 1-5s add me just to pm me about giving them gold or weapons...i delete them. i have like 10k on all my chars, combined...potions cost too much for me since i use around 100 a day in health and mana...well...i lost track of what i was tryin to say, so im out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Balonia View Post
    I just want to kill Santa. Can that be arranged?