Thread: "elite" vanities

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default "elite" vanities

So all of the whining and moaning about yet another helm for the "elite" vanities got me thinking:

Anything that can be obtained in 10 hours should not be elite. Pop 10 thrashers, mash buttons, get vanity. What's so elite about that? Grinding that 100k of xp without elixirs, now that's elite.

So STS, how about making 2 level cap vanities? 1 that's covered with platnium for those that thrashed their way to the level cap, and a different 1 for the truly hardcore players that grind without chemical assistance?

Highest respect to those running around with the helm/robe/shield of Phallós.
    Last edited by mackjack; 06-05-2012 at 03:01 AM. Reason: made the wordings less, uh, hardcore...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mackjack For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

True. In Star Legends, I make it really hardcore. In the Vularia part one cap, I used absolutely none of the credit and platinum elixers!

Only free multi ones >_>

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Ok just looked up that word and I'm disgusted a bit. Maybe you should choose a different symbol instead of a phallic.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mackjack View Post
    So all of the whining and moaning about yet another helm for the "elite" vanities got me thinking:

Anything that can be obtained in 10 hours should not be elite. Pop 10 thrashers, mash buttons, get vanity. What's so elite about that? Grinding that 100k of xp without elixirs, now that's elite.

So STS, how about making 2 level cap vanities? 1 that's covered with platnium for those that thrashed their way to the level cap, and 1 that's covered with phallic symbols for the truly hardcore players that grind without chemical assistance?

I like this idea cuz I can't afford platinum. Does this include free daily elixirs and gold elixirs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Ewwww, why phallic symbols? xD

Other than the whole phallis thing, sounds like a good idea to me.
    Last edited by Lowlyspy; 06-05-2012 at 02:26 AM.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

STS gets their money from people purchasing Thrashers and such. I doubt they would give players something better if they don't spend money leveling to the cap. This would draw people away from purchasing elixers, which could hurt STS.

It's just my way of seeing it.
    Last edited by Carth; 06-05-2012 at 03:10 AM.
    Current Sig by
    SL Elite Death Squad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    STS gets their money from people purchasing Thrashers and such. I doubt they would give players something better if they don't spend money leveling to the cap. This would draw people away from purchasing elixers, which could hurt STS.

It's just my way of seeing it.
    Would you like to be doing 100k xp without elixirs? This is just an idea for people who purchases platinum once in a life time or people who can't get platinum.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

As much as I want STS to make different level cap vanities for non-thrashers, I'm afraid that Carth is most likely right...

Suggestions that have even the smallest possibility of putting a dent in STS' revenue almost certainly won't be implemented.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mackjack View Post

So STS, how about making 2 level cap vanities? 1 that's covered with platnium for those that thrashed their way to the level cap, and a different 1 for the truly hardcore players that grind without chemical assistance?

Sigh, this is what the GENERAL population of PL has turned into.
    Pop thrashers? Ha, you wish.

I grinded every single cap, got every single piece of elite vanity set without having to spam platinum elixirs.
    I did my whole Mount Fang cap with 1.5s in under a week.
    That's 1,000 EXP, under a week without thrashers.

Now you understand why I'm "whining"?

Until ANYONE who opposes my argument goes out there and plays for so many hours straight AND still maintains a daily schedule and be so sleepy that they could easily faint in the middle of class, they have no idea what they are arguing about at all.
    And that's not all.
    I mean doing this whole cap in the LESS time it takes for less dedicated players to spam Thrashers to.
    I mean, doing 65 to 66, all 100,000 EXP in under one week, WITHOUT Thrashers. And you do realize people will take a few weeks with even Thrashers.
    This is how dedicated I was to this game. I don't give up my dedication for nothing. You can stop talking about these same peoples' "whining" because it's not whining, it's legit sweat and memories.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Whirlzap; 06-06-2012 at 01:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Some people do that and they get MAJOR RESPECT from myself. Lets say whirlz, he's a hardcore player that is determined to grinding and is also a great player in this community. Maybe YOU should stop whining because that's what it seems like to me. Your idea may be great but I love popping elixirs, it makes things more fun. I don't like spending 10 minutes with randoms who don't know what they are doing in certain runs and it's ANNOYING. Even if they added two more helms, I would go for both. If something is easier to achieve and given in the game itself then why can't it be used?

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

All I can say is this...if thrashers or elixirs did not exist, I would gladly grind my way to 66. Since they do exist, I'll gladly grind my way to 66 with them. Sometimes you just don't have enough time in a day to spend on grinding, so why not take the easier way out? I'd like to think that I'm putting my hard-earned money into good use.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Physiologic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic:668091
    All I can say is this...if thrashers or elixirs did not exist, I would gladly grind my way to 66. Since they do exist, I'll gladly grind my way to 66 with them. Sometimes you just don't have enough time in a day to spend on grinding, so why not take the easier way out? I'd like to think that I'm putting my hard-earned money into good use.
    This.

Most of us (plat levelers) would grind to cap without them if we had to.
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Subscriber View Post
    Some people do that and they get MAJOR RESPECT from myself. Lets say whirlz, he's a hardcore player that is determined to grinding and is also a great player in this community. Maybe YOU should stop whining because that's what it seems like to me. Your idea may be great but I love popping elixirs, it makes things more fun. I don't like spending 10 minutes with randoms who don't know what they are doing in certain runs and it's ANNOYING. Even if they added two more helms, I would go for both. If something is easier to achieve and given in the game itself then why can't it be used?

Sub, I'm not complaining about elixirs or against them.
    I use them all the time on my alts and scaled twinks for easier and faster farming.

What I don't like is people who have not endured the full 100k EXP at all to simply be talking about it like it is nothing.
    It is something and once you do get through it, you understand what it means.

At this point I honestly don't care if people used 4x Combo all the way or elsewhat, I just don't think people are understanding this fully.
    People who missed out should have missed out.
    Why are they getting another chance?
    We let them have the same chance ago.
    I'm a very cruel person, indeed.
    I don't believe in second chances at all.
    But then again, if STS is doing this, fine.

You know, I see people who walk around these days, in FULL CRAFTED LILITH sets.
    I remember in sewers only the top players could afford sets like these.
    It's hard to tell whether these people just spammed platinum all the way to pinks and glory or they actually did something besides that.

And what also gets to me is how easy the game has become.
    People are complaining about drop rates that they think are "insanely low."
    Heh, I've seen drop rates a hundred times lower and still farmed for countless hours.
    This game just isn't that hardcore anymore.
    100k EXP for one level? Takes a day on 4x Combo.
    Heh, in other games, it's a few billion EXP for an endgame level and that takes a few months of complete grinding.
    Reason I loved Sewers so much was because it was the last time people actually seriously farmed for pinks and didn't have to use elixirs the whole time.

As for the new vanity sets.
    Just as long as we don't get something that is anything related at all to the COP.
    Or else what was the point of me getting to 56 all that time ago?
    If we get a similar helm again, what will people think?
    Oh, Xwhirlz is another nub who just spammed 4x combo all his way to a vanity set and then walks around bragging it like he actually earned it.

And since all this elite vanity set remake is going on, I'm just going to stop wearing my elite vanity set out in the public.
    Actually, a couple have already noticed and asked me.
    I'd rather be someone new and innocent out in the public than be someone pained and misunderstood.
    Last edited by Whirlzap; 06-06-2012 at 02:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

I wasn't talking to you whirlz haha I was speaking to Mack and noting how great of a player you are!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

how bout we just make elite vanities for everything
    have an NPC that asks you if you're more elite than everyone else, you just answer yes(in the most elite manner possible of course) and you get a nice elite vanity

sounds like this would solve everyones problems