Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How rare is too rare? What do you think about crazy rare stuff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

very rare make me frustated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

As of now since release, it's too rare...Mt Fang in general is too stubborn in giving up any pinks let alone Legendary Dragon stuff. I don't mind working hard & grinding but nothing pays off!...unless you get on a lucky streak. All the drops are becoming like Nuris! The cupboard is bare I swear!
    Also annoying is that anything with luck(big luck, bigger luck, luck elixir, thrasher combo elix) doesn't help at all! Mt Fang doesn't have the right color drops that re-roll into anything but trash. Only the vamps drop purples which would reroll into junk pinks. You would hope that any luck stuff would actually make a little difference....maybe stack up? At least give you like a 5% chance instead of 1%?
    In closing, it's nice for things to be rare but not when you're the one that doesn't have none! Lol. Dragon prices right now are like 4-8 million each? Wow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

it should drop to every player once in every 100 rounds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

in a game like this you need super rares to keep people interested
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

In theory, I have no problem with certain items being super rare, other than me being jealous. Especially if it's a vanity item. Having something that sets you apart visually from most other toons in the game that mostly look almost exactly the same is what makes it special. BTW, though, I agree with the folks who have said that vanity items shouldn't have stats. I say leave the stats for the proper gear and make vanities just for looks only.

As for the non-vanity drops, the rarity level may be too high in some cases. I mean, I have yet to witness any pink drops in Nuri's. I guess the drop rate was higher when it was first introduced, and I never played there until relatively recently, but after having done what feels like at least a hundred runs through the Nuri maps without seeing a single pink either for myself or the other players, it's more than a little discouraging. Maybe I'm just really unlucky. Who knows.

I just started playing Dark Legends, and something I kinda like is how you can see a list of what drops in each map, along with the drop rate. I think just being able to know going in what your chances are without any guesswork makes it seem like less of a waste of time to do those extra runs to try for those good drops. I haven't gotten any pink drops in DL either yet (after 15 levels), but I somehow feel less hopeless about it. Maybe something to consider transferring over to the other Legends games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bebsi:667693
    I capped three toons and no drop yet...
    Two days ago I made 105 runs, yesterday 68 runs, today 100 runs.
    Altogether over 600 runs easily and no drop yet.
    I always use two toons cause Im not sure how the drop rate works on one toon.

How rare is too rare?
    Let me ask u one thing. If u grind over 300k xp and neither u or ur mates sees one drop of these 'cool' armors then I'm starting to feel discouraged. I farm at least 6 hours a day but if there's hardly a chance that I see one drop how can I ever complete a set? And for the gold set u have to gamble (I spent a thousand plat on the pet without luck and don't feel like wasting more) again...

Every run takes 2-10 minutes, depending on completion and team set up. So, is it too much to ask for a drop at least every 500 runs? If u run with less experienced players clearing a map takes pretty long. Let's do the math, 10 minutes times 500. Worst case 5000 minutes of grinding gets u one drop which will still be more than 83 hours of farming...

Sam, I just don't know what the drop rate should be but I just feel it is not right atm. Ppl who are running with me hardly grind as much as I do but they still think it is too rare.
    Prime example of too rare. You deserve an entire set! O.o

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

No, I don't.
    Farak runs 10 hours every day. A complete red set dropped to him and yesterday he got his second red armor... O.o
    Am I jealous? I am.
    Do I give up? No way!!!

Somehow, STS found a new cash cow and I fell for it xD

Anyway, if they wouldn't have come up with that I would have taken a long break from the game... lol

To the guys suffering with me there every day. I'll be with u till the end, good or bad ^_^

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bebsi For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

It will also help people coming back to fang..because i def know i havent been.to sewers since sewers day..imo theyl have shield and pets drop and probably more diffrent helms and armor in humania an so on..im glad they added dropped vanities

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bebsi View Post
    No, I don't.
    Farak runs 10 hours every day. A complete red set dropped to him and yesterday he got his second red armor... O.o
    Am I jealous? I am.
    Do I give up? No way!!!

Anyway, if they wouldn't have come up with that I would have taken a long break from the game... lol

To the guys suffering with me there every day. I'll be with u till the end, good or bad ^_^
    I've seen the bird Farak-something with his Red dragon set...10 hrs a day? Holy...I got to give him props for that. I used to able to grind it out that hard but I've been losing it in Mt Fang. No wonder Farak has over 600,000 kills too, that's another amazing total he's building up. Id have to say I admire that kind of effort!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Ur the Devs, how exclusive do you want it? I'd love to have the rates raised for my sake, but if you want them to be rare, make em rare

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

To be honest, if the vanity was harder to drop you would be making a larger profit.
    I've heard stories of people blowing hundreds of bucks to drop those vanity pieces.
    The current rate is fine, make the farmers work for it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I believe the drop rate should be increased for the dragon armor and helm as well and especially for premium pinks in Nuri,That drop rate is just ridiculous.
    As a 2 year veteran that is my opinion!
    We all need an incentive to play but if you never get The prize you lose interest and not all of us have 6 hours to farm.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I think too rare is discouraging, especially for those who use platinum elixirs to farm.

It should be a balance between challenge and reward.

So, essentially, I think Dragon Drop rates should be bumped up, but still to the point where they are lower drop rate than the premium pinks but a noticeable increase in drop rate percentage.

Same thing goes for Nuri's drops IMO.
    Yep. Or maybe there could be a quest...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

No, they should NOT be bumped up.
    Why cannot people just take something hardcore.
    With all due respect, I've USED a 4x Combo once before and I know what it feels like to spend that much Plat and get nothing.
    Well, only once but.....

If you buy a Plat Elixir, you are not guaranteed a Dragon Vanity, in fact, you are not even guaranteed a pink.

I don't see why SL players had no problem with this and why PL players do.
    It's the FIRST drop that's actually insanely rare, even more rare than 56 Glyph.
    56 Glyph ONLY seems rare because NH is always empty, plus there are barely any 56s farming there or giving the effort.
    Look at the MASSIVE amount of level 65s/66s attempting to farm a Dragon Armor.
    You CANNOT compare that to the measly few that bother to even farm NH at level 56.

My point is, let this be a vanity item like the X-Ray Visor in SL.
    It will have less farming craze as we get closer to Humania.
    Think of how people stopped farming the X-Ray Visor massively after Slouch-O came out.
    This way, the dragon vanities won't become similar to Hooch Hats or Level 65 Crafted Sets and still yield a lucky newb some gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bebsi View Post
    No, I don't.
    Am I jealous? I am.
    Do I give up? No way!!!

He doesn't just run 10 hours every day.
    He SOLOs.
    And the most disturbing part, he SOLOs with 4x Combo the WHOLE 10 hours.
    That is basically 400 Plat a day.
    I also have the feeling that he name changed.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    If you buy a Plat Elixir, you are not guaranteed a Dragon Vanity, in fact, you are not even guaranteed a pink.
    People are quick to forget that bosses in Fang do not drop purples to re-roll into pinks.

Work for it, people!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu View Post
    People are quick to forget that bosses in Fang do not drop purples to re-roll into pinks.

Work for it, people!
    I've reached 66 but I'm still buying thrashers daily to up my kill count =p Im not even running for Vanity drops anymore, though I'm still killing bosses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    I've reached 66 but I'm still buying thrashers daily to up my kill count =p Im not even running for Vanity drops anymore, though I'm still killing bosses.
    I was quite impressed how u shot ur way through MF.
    U killed quicker with ur Nuri set than most birds with their MF set ^_^

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I've been blabbing about drop rates for a while and nobody seem to take notice of it. That's the only concrete measurement to know if something is "too rare", rare, average, whatnot.

Name:  drop rate 4.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  150.3 KB

If you look at the photo above, you'll see the enemy loots and corresponding drop rates. In relation to the overall drop rate of items in this particular game, players could tell if an item is "too rare", just right, or too frequent. Right now, for PL and the dragon items to be precise, everything is about the "feel or personal experience", some random player will say, "I feel like this is too rare...because I didn't get any", meanwhile another players will claim "I feel that it's not that rare, I got it my first try..."...there's nothing concrete to discuss as far as rarity. What is rare in the first place (I assure you, you'll get different inputs based on player temperament, some are more patient than others), we can't talk about something "too rare" if we can't even define what is "rare" in this game? What is a pink's drop rate versus a purple? What's the drop rate of this pink versus that pink? This is precisely my point, provide drop rates, and I can easily identify which items are too frequent or too rare, which items I will invest my time farming on or those items I'll just buy using gold or platinum. An item is too rare/frequent if its drop rate deviates negatively from the average drop rate of "rare" items (assuming the drop rate of rare items is at 0.09%, so any rate below that number will be "too rare" to indicate it's rarity is above the rare class, in fact, you can say 0.08%-0.01% is "too rare", and 0.009% below is "myth rare", that's the methodology). Right now, my answer would be make the dragon item drop so at least 1/4 of the population gets it...see, how vague can that be? I'll leave it up to the rest to give better inputs, I'll just keep shaking my head every time this issue comes up.
    Last edited by zeusabe; 06-06-2012 at 02:44 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to zeusabe For This Useful Post:

On top of Snowpeak Mountain, tweaking stats
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I think it's just good the way it is now. In my friendlist of 75 active players, 2 players have either one or both items. Those are the ones i know of and they obtained it by droppings and/or buying. There are probably a few I dont know of. So 5 out of 75 is a nice average (6.66%, :evil: ).

I'd be far more interested in knowing the perfect conditions under which they drop. Are there lower chances if:
    - you are level 66;
    - you don't open all goldchests;
    - you keep the Vampire(s) (1 on 1st floor, 2 on 2nd floor) alive;
    - you use elixers;
    - you play on the last boss-map?