Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Price per slot?

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Nope.

Based on JustG's statement, I also believe that the new pricing of DL will carry over to any new endeavor that STS embarks on from this point forward. They could be making more money in their eyes so to focus on newer and more expensive games would be the lucrative choice.

My major issue with this is the fact that PL has supported the other STS games from the beginning and to abandon ship at this point because there is more money to be made elsewhere bothers me to no end. It is unfortunately supported by the fact that DL is already receiving a client update, which is currently in review with Apple:

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Looks like the fix will be held up to go out when the new game client (currently in review with Apple) goes out.
    There is also the evidence that DL gets new vanity/gear updates regularly (Firebrand/Plagued/Ecliptic Moon gem/Electric Headsman/Biomorph...) compared to a few weekend/holiday events... and SL's Prometheus event. I know that there have been a few others I'm missing, but the bulk of content has been going the way of the new contender, while the founders are being left in the dust. Mount Fang went live in November of last year and since then PL has really failed to release any new content. While SL has been waiting since December, I though Star Legends was STS' baby, the game that they wanted to launch but had to place on the back burner, this is how important the game is to the devs now?

Finally, there is the final major issue of selling out your buying customers. I know that Apple somehow placed a road block in STS' path when they tried to make platinum universal currency; we lived with it then but now you asking us to leave thousands of plat just sitting in out virtual legends' pocket while the game goes under? I don't know what everyone else has but I have at least 1k in both games that I would love to be able to cart to a newer, fresher game with more frequent updates. Can't we implement anything to bypass that? A website option, a one time large amount transfer, something, anything? How can you expect us to place our faith in your company when our money may have an expiration date?

Edit: New DL content already, before PL and SL actually: Read HERE.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gluttony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Star Legends is the one that's being hurt the most, Pocket Legends is doing rather good for what I see, but still it's in a bad state as well. There should be more updates if they can do the stuff they are doing with Arcane Legends then why not do the same with Star Legends and Pocket Legends like more bigger worlds more details skill trees and what not
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Star Legends is the one that's being hurt the most, Pocket Legends is doing rather good for what I see, but still it's in a bad state as well. There should be more updates if they can do the stuff they are doing with Arcane Legends then why not do the same with Star Legends and Pocket Legends like more bigger worlds more details skill trees and what not
    Let's see what pl brings with this new client besides Humania and achievements before we decide it's
    Fate. It's not looking good right now, but anything could change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    Let's see what pl brings with this new client besides Humania and achievements before we decide it's
    Fate. It's not looking good right now, but anything could change.
    I'm thinking there might be something rather interesting with skills, and that THE SKILLS would help
    but if it's the dumb thing with a rank 7 then yeah
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Meh everything about plat has kind of been bothering me lately. I think I'm just going to have my character romp around without any outfit or weapons on. The only reason to buy half this stuff is for looks since I don't waste my time with PvP, so if I eliminate looks entirely, I won't need to buy plat. I like supporting game companies and artists (I buy all my music from beatport and even pay the extra $1 per song for the best quality) but it's getting harder to justify plat purchases now.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flowman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    I'm thinking there might be something rather interesting with skills, and that THE SKILLS would help
    but if it's the dumb thing with a rank 7 then yeah
    We didn't see anything new with skills on the Humania preview. There could be new Passives, but we'll just have to wait and
    See.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Valid points all around. STS knows what it wants to do, how to do it, and they're not going to change course now. The only way to force the issue is if [all] players were to drop off from playing allowing the servers to hum quietly with no activity.

That's unlikely to happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Price per slot?

It seems like STS doesnt quite care if they are letting SL/PL slip they arnt seeing it like us they are looking at it as what can make us the most possible money

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

So I learned in marketing in college that losing a customer is like losing $50,000 of lifetime revenue(depends on the type of business).

At this rate, if plat prices keep going up, not only would sts lose alot of customers, but also POTENTIAL customers as well.

They might as well come up with a subscription option, really.

P.s. I'M A VETERAN in Wow and I've been paying for the sub. for three years+ and counting....

Sent from my LT26a using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    I'm pretty confident it will be more like DL. Justg said plat prices are more in line with the market in DL so I think they'll stick with that pricing strategy. I also think that's why we're seeing a new game come out (AL) that is so similar to PL instead of just retrofitting PL- It's easier to start out with high plat costs/prices in a new game than to increase plat cost/prices in an existing game. All energy will go into the new higher priced DL and AL while PL and SL fade away. I had a good run in PL so I can't complain.
    Here's the thing though: consumers (players) will ultimately decide which direction everything goes in through their actions. STS may have grand schemes to move things away from PL, but it hasn't happened yet, so it may not necessarily happen with AL either. I don't have any facts to back this up, but just based on personal experience, I know a lot of players in PL who don't even play the other STS games, yet I know very few people in DL or SL that don't also play PL. That suggests to me that PL is still the player's choice, but like I said, that's just a cross section from my experience and may not tell the whole story. Who knows, maybe AL will blow everyone away and make everybody forget about PL, but I do think higher prices and more heavily plat-oriented games will be a turn-off for a lot of people, myself included. That's not to say that I don't support STS and buy plat occasionally, but I'm not made of money is what I'm sayin'.

Anyway, I guess my point is that as long as people are playing PL, it won't probably won't be abandoned. If they try too hard to force everybody into a new game, they run the risk of turning veteran players like off STS altogether.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

They should just make a legit game, that costs, and that's enjoyable without loads of in app purchases

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    They should just make a legit game, that costs, and that's enjoyable without loads of in app purchases
    Sts would have to make AL a sub-only game which many people wouldn't like.

*SRY for the DOUBLE post.

Sent from my LT26a using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by HunterSLAYER; 07-16-2012 at 10:59 AM.
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

and many would like

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I hope it won't be too expensive. I like STS and their games but don't want to really dig out my pocket. I'm up for a sub-only game without so many in-app purchases.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

50 plat for one single character is just too much

Error.
    This person's Signature is too sexy to be displayed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I think there should be a sub OPTION, not just sub-oriented gameplay, but just one way of many to choose to play. Keep the same cost of downloading the game (free), but allow an option to subscribe and grant them a set number of plat per month. I don't think the players that never buy plat should have to subscribe to a game that they can enjoy for free.
    TVIS - 56 Warrior | Pocket Legends Founder
    TVIS - 35 Commando
    TVIS - 31 Male Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Don't mean to necro, but I'm also interested. Can someone confirm the actual price?
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaonabiuibil View Post
    Don't mean to necro, but I'm also interested. Can someone confirm the actual price?
    hummm, i wanna know too. this can help many. and I still believe its a relavant topic. But if AL is like Pl and DL... expect the prices to be like DL (worse case)
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

The DL price was definitely because of the energy mechanic. Since there isn't one with this game, I think it'll be like pl/SL slots. Or maybe in between, like 25 plat? I wouldn't mind too much paying 20 for a slot, but 5 or 10 would be grand lol.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedRyder For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    The DL price was definitely because of the energy mechanic. Since there isn't one with this game, I think it'll be like pl/SL slots. Or maybe in between, like 25 plat? I wouldn't mind too much paying 20 for a slot, but 5 or 10 would be grand lol.
    Sound logic, in that case I'll reserve Enchilada as well
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly