Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
Hey there Robert!

So there is some good questions and sentiments in here, and I want to take a moment to talk on a couple of them. In particular in regards to the mission length. By comparison, Dark Legends is a different game than Star and Pocket (which I assume the comparison is being made given your impressively high level characters in PL) in that the content is designed to be more "bite sized" than those games. The initial thought was that with the energy mechanic and smaller, more quick in-and-out style play we would be appealing to a different type of gamer, the gamer on the go more than the mid to hardcore gamer types.

As you have no doubt seen, not everything panned out exactly as intended and with Dark! We took the initiative, based on player feedback and our own sentiments and have redesigned the map and actions related game components with less emphasis on the energy mechanics for 3D missions. This allows players to "grind" them if they prefer, or continue to use the ally system to level in more bite sized chunks like the Action system allowed for gamers that don't have the time to be able to sit and play in a more mid to hardcore way.

Coming with Kriegberg, you will begin to see more typical "MMO boss" mechanics come into play. The maps will still be shorter and bite-sized, but the fights for some of these particular encounters will be more involved. In fact it is a bit challenging for single player play (though doable with some skill mind you!). Down the road larger dungeons may start coming into the game, but probably not as a universal change due to the previously stated intentions for Dark Legends. That's not to say it can't and won't change, but for now we're content with the length of the missions as part of the game as a whole.

Skill refinements and tweaking aren't out of the question, though at the moment they're not at the forefront of our things to hit on. New stuff will be streaming in as we continue, and thoughts like these are valuable feedback that can shift those priorities! Thanks very much, and I can't wait for you guys to get your hands on the new content!
Thanks for the response man. I like pve in PL and pvp in DL (well, I LOVE pvp in DL, lol). As it is now I just do pve in DL to get the equips I need for Pvp. I understand the target audience for DL, you guys did a good job communicating that before it was ever launched.
I just don't think that type of market exists. IMO, mmo players aren't "causal". Everyone wants the best equips, most want the best stats, etc. and are competitive in that respects. You guys are looking for the farmville types who log in, do some missions, etc then hop back out. I feel like the great majority of mmo players aren't like that though. What I appreciate most about all the legends games is that you can jump in, do a 5 min run then get back out (you don't have to commit an hour at a time like computer based games) but you can do this throughout the day.

Anyway, I look forward to the changes and wish you guys the best!

P.S. I look forward to killing the new boss, I hope he drops gems and not weapons. hehe.