Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lag madness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I live in Connecticut, use crappy borrowed wifi and ping 180-250 (when I don't straight up d/c :s)

I've had a couple hard spikes but I figure it's just my connection. Needless to say thegame is definatly playable for me (Droid x / PC)

Idk what ur guyss problem is o.o

Oh and by crappy wifi I'm talking about that wireless hotspot thing that Comcast lets its customers use so you can get internet like anywhere (boss let me use his info cuz I can't afford real interwebs >_<) clocking -85 dbm.
    Last edited by between; 06-19-2012 at 09:55 PM.

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by between:682042
    I live in Connecticut, use crappy borrowed wifi and ping 180-250 (when I don't straight up d/c :s)

I've had a couple hard spikes but I figure it's just my connection. Needless to say thegame is definatly playable for me (Droid x / PC)

Idk what ur guyss problem is o.o

Oh and by crappy wifi I'm talking about that wireless hotspot thing that Comcast lets its customers use so you can get internet like anywhere (boss let me use his info cuz I can't afford real interwebs >_<) clocking -85 dbm.

My ping is about the same and most of the time its fine. Fast game play. Everything peachy.. Until the last couple of updates. Its been weird.

I've used DL on my sister's WiFi (Comcast) to hospital Wifi, and hell even McD's Wifi & Library. All with the same results as my 3G connection. So yes it is playable, just with horrible lag of doom & un-awsomeness!

Oh & I had my niece download & play DL for a bit to see if there is a difference, also while we're on the same networks and turns out I be lagging like a mofo outta no where while she is completely fine.

Which makes me wonder wtf ia going on. X.x

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default booom

Lagg, lagg, lagg, lagg, lagg, lagg..... All the time you lagg.... Devs get it sorted
    70Mage Coupfatai
    70 bird coupalati
    70 bear coupatron

II WILL KICK YOUR A$$ FTW!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Same. My wifi is perfect and i can have all bars on service but either way i lag :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

That's interesting. The only thing I can think of to be the issue would be the device. Have you tried with the chrome client on the same network? Have you tried completely uninstalling, and then reinstalling the game?

Im not like a computer wizard pro nerd sauce or anything, but it could be like how the update thingys update. like
    Day one: "oh hey i got the game and im playing it and whatnot"
    Day two: "and then heres an update"
    Day three: "and another one"
    Day four: "and another one"
    vs
    Day four "oh hey this game looks cool im gunna install it"

if that made any sense at all lol. if it didnt just ignore me :P but it seems like people complain about the lag happening after updates, but people with a fresh install dont have the lag at all (like how on ur device it lags like a baws, yet at the same time on the same network your nieces is like pro smooth no lag)

oh and if that is the case, but reinstalling didnt work and your super hardcore and use android you could root your device and wipe the user data/cache/etc. or just flash a rom XD
    im super hard core like that so id legit do anything possible to fix my ping
    Rawriloveyou - 25 vamp <3 Between - 21 vamp

Lady_Pebbles

My laptop died a horrible death a few months ago.. (r.i.p Lucy! lolol) so I haven't tried it on Chrome. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling after a hard reboot, still the same. Oh & I tried clearing out the Cache.. Still the same. Plus I can't root my phone, again no laptop. As far as my device goes, haven't really had a problem with it other than StS games and Teamspeak (god I hate that app now lol).

Thing is.. Before iOS users showed up, the lag wasn't bad. Hell the ping spikes wouldn't jump so high either but wth.. If in a solo PvE run or in PvP, why in the hell am I lagging sometimes with huge spikes outta no where? Even when Im not moving to another location so the connection is still strong & tried on both WiFi and 3G?.. Its just weird! Frustrating too but also.. Weird as hell.

I can understand PvP if it was an issue of people spaming skills and a bunch of stuff going on at once but this didn't happen before. Also, sometimes it happens in PvP when Im around certain players. The latter could be an entirely different issue caused by a proggy used to lag people (but that in itself is something the devs will have to look into). Or, it could just be server lag.

Idk, I just wish it would stop getting that bad. X.x

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

9 times of 10 its the player's device. Possibly your connection for certain devices (unplug your wifi and plug it back in) hoped it helped

Add me on dark legends the name is MEAZADE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

My laptop died a horrible death a few months ago.. (r.i.p Lucy! lolol) so I haven't tried it on Chrome. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling after a hard reboot, still the same. Oh & I tried clearing out the Cache.. Still the same. Plus I can't root my phone, again no laptop. As far as my device goes, haven't really had a problem with it other than StS games and Teamspeak (god I hate that app now lol).

Thing is.. Before iOS users showed up, the lag wasn't bad. Hell the ping spikes wouldn't jump so high either but wth.. If in a solo PvE run or in PvP, why in the hell am I lagging sometimes with huge spikes outta no where? Even when Im not moving to another location so the connection is still strong & tried on both WiFi and 3G?.. Its just weird! Frustrating too but also.. Weird as hell.

I can understand PvP if it was an issue of people spaming skills and a bunch of stuff going on at once but this didn't happen before. Also, sometimes it happens in PvP when Im around certain players. The latter could be an entirely different issue caused by a proggy used to lag people (but that in itself is something the devs will have to look into). Or, it could just be server lag.

Idk, I just wish it would stop getting that bad. X.x

lol at this point i have no clue what it could be :|

and if u are desperate to root your phone for whatever reason, depending on your model/version google zroot. I used it on my droid x long time ago, and wouldof used it again but i sbf'd to gingerbread recently after a failed flash >_< so if u have gingerbread u cant use it

edit: zroot is an app that can root your phone without a computer.
    Rawriloveyou - 25 vamp <3 Between - 21 vamp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

Oh & I had my niece download & play DL for a bit to see if there is a difference, also while we're on the same networks and turns out I be lagging like a mofo outta no where while she is completely fine.

Which makes me wonder wtf ia going on. X.x

Could be server related....STS no doubt have multiple and some could be overloaded while others are fine. I actually had a good run last night and this morning (so I may have been lucky and connected to a fast server), but many of those I played against complained of lag.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

hmm.. I stay around 300-600 with occassional high peaks that go over 1000 ping during pvp. LOLz.. I even lag at 250-350 ping range.. wth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I am always 400-600... And it is not my device or my internet. I have checked each of them. It must be the distance from the servers I do not know... Still new servers with less latency would be nice.
    DL: love|Floating|Olympian|Cornflake
    pl: Karma|VVorld

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphan Fox View Post
    On 4g or wifi I stay steady at around 200ping.

Verizon 4g and comcast cablenet in Nashville TN.

Perhaps it is yall''s service provider.
    Whens the last time you hard reset your phone or refreshed your 4g info?

Your proximity to sts servers, which I assume are in Texas, is important also.

Woof.
    i live 3 hours from austin and i lag like a mofo!

-Phrosts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

The thing is, when i started playing everything was kinda fine, i had 300 to 400 max ping (which is fine for me) that until like 2-3 weeks ago, my normal got to 400+ and usually spikes to 600+ which makes PvP more painful than it is fun.

Absolutely nothing changed, i play on chrome so can't be device, and my internet connection is the same, other games i'm playing doesn't have that issue (i play league of legends from time to time and my ping is stable, doesn't fluctuate at all and if it does it's like +-4 of normal ping which is nothing).

So my guess it's a server issue, the thing that pisses me off is STS never cared to answer to any of those ping issue threads, if they would only come out and say "hey it's your connection that sucks" i'll take it and stfu forever about this issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Can't even connect today.