Thread: What's the most memorable game did you beat?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Default What's the most memorable game did you beat?

CONTRA (FAMICON. 1987). None of that up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right,B,A,B,A,Sele ct,Start cheat. I beat it fair and square in front of my friends from stage 1 to last boss, I instantly became a neighborhood video game hero after I beat that game. Back in those days, internet was still in its infancy (no youtube, no streaming videos, none of those things during those times) so the only proof you have of beating a game is if your friends came over to your house and watch you actually beat the game. During those days, Contra was the "it" game, so you needed proof to be in that group of kids who beat that game (It was a big deal to be in that group back then LOL!). My parents were even watching me beat the game too, and even though I knew they hated my gaming then (killjoy parents), they were both happy that I was doing something epic haha!!! So the scene was me and about 6 friends watching me play the game, they start cheering when I reached last stage as in like freaking out, parents taking a peek 'cuz of the noise we're all creating...damn, that was epic...my closest experience to a rockstar LOL! That will forever be my greatest and most memorable game I beat. That feeling of achievement shaped me to the gamer I am today (about 25 years later). When I look back at that moment, it never fails to put a smile on my face.

How about yours?
    Last edited by zeusabe; 06-16-2012 at 02:14 PM.