Thread: Down with the cheap elixirs!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I look at it as another facet of game play. I have three level 41 toons that ground their way up without the xp anywhere enhancer. I've helped many players capped as I'm sure you have Art:-)

But after a while of waiting for updates you think... what else can I do? Hey! Let's take a run at the leader board!

Unfortunately, there is an enhancer that allows for quick and easy kills. But part of the challenge was going through every level, timing skills, timing kills, finding the fastest gains:-)

Someone took #1 pve k/d in three days (so I heard). The new challenge has nothing personal against you or any other player. I love this game just as much as you, and try not to let things get to me... it is a game:-) I want to just play and have fun. And when I.m kill farming, and someones alt joins me and keeps me company, well if I can help them level too, then I hope its made them happier:-) Anyway when this power player comes back, will I have done enough to keep my spot? I hope so! :-) And to make sure I'm going to try to place as much distance between me and them as I can!

I know some may look at it as cheap or cheating (trust me, it isn't cheap!), buts its an option the devs put in. A part of game play that presents a challenge that I want to pursue.

I think you are a great player as are most of the players on the leader boards and the players that have been with us since beta. But unless or until the devs take this option out, its a new part to the game play that gives me a challenge.

I do remember when I was younger how frustrated I would get in other games that some players could basically "buy" their way into something, and I feel your pain. But I can afford it now, so all those guys that usta piss me off... well now they gotta deal with me! :-)

As many have replied, you are #1 in many hearts. You've helped many a player and they will always remember you for that! Don't get too tied up in leader boards. I doubt there is a leader board in any game where someone hasn't used the game or a friend or an alt account to get their killer rating. The only truly fair way to do it, would be to have a NEVER EVER EVER used an enhancer or plat gear LB. That would be the only way to remove any financial advantage. Actually.... DO IT devs! That would truly be the ultimate challenge! Gonna go get name neverusedplat just in case:-)

Hope to see you around Art:-) I was helping someone cap today with Pocketlegend in V5. But now, its time to farm kills.

EDIT: Wewt!! Neverusedplat was available!! New non plat LB needed!!
    Last edited by Crummypaladin; 06-21-2012 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Wewt!! Neverusedplat wasnt taken!

Even a crummy Paladin is a good one if he mashes the heal button a lot!!
    PocketLegend (41), LonelyKDOp (41), CrummyPaladin (41), CrummyMage (41), Manrchy (31), Paladin (10), many more

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Crummypaladin For This Useful Post:

Ark