Thread: Down with the cheap elixirs!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Exclamation Down with the cheap elixirs!

Woah, it's been a while since I made a Star Legends thread. It's so. . . blue. Well anyways I'm here to rant about an issue I have with these elixirs. These "all access" elixirs to be specific, why do we have them? It's not like any of the lower leveled players are really skipping the maps they are suppose to play on. No, the only players using them are these K/D ratio players that are so proud of their wasteful spending. I know plenty of players who make alts trying for an awesome K/D toon with zero deaths, and they try so hard. My friend the other day was so proud that he just made it to 15k kills without dying, no plat besides the new alt, and I was ecstatic for him. That's an awesome job well done if you ask me. Non-plat users work sooo hard being careful, playing their rightful levels, and raising their kill count NOT FAST, but CAUTIOUSLY. Those are the only K/D ratio players I have respect for when I really think about it. Sorry Levi, don't hate me if you read this, this thread isn't about you.

What is there to gain from spending that much REAL money just to pass someone up on a game. Nothing, it infuriates me how I put in hours gaining prestige by earning kills the right way, setting an example for other players, and meanwhile the Platty Mcplattersons get themselves addicted to enhanced gaming. It's not healthy, and it is a huge waste IMO. It's not cool, not impressive, not Legendary, and it's not even fun. I can't say I've never done kill-runs without a strength elixir before, but I can say that the majority of my kills I earned without plat. I didn't take the #1 spot over night guys, I gradually made my way onto the engineer leaderboard at the lvl-26 cap in Numa, gradually moved up to the "Overall" board at the lvl-31 cap in slouch, and literally fought for the number one spot with Hyun at the lvl-36 cap in the Shipyard. Some of you may even remember this thread, it was a spectacle for the community, and boy did we put on a good show:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...t=artstar+hyun
    It was honorable, just a couple of SL addicts going nuts trying to surpass each other, and I truly miss those days.

I can't gain thousands of kills in Voleria a day, I can gain over a thousand if I do runs with randoms all day but that's about it. So it just disgusts me that these K/D ratio players are blowing real money on strength/armor/all access elixirs to gain several thousand kills over-night from a lower level like Cycorp or something, and for what!? lol, people aren't amazed when they see a name they've never heard of before leap pass long time respected players, they say "who the heck is that?" No this isn't me whining, I'm just letting it be known that this isn't right. Legends aren't made, they aren't bought, and they certainly don't need an elixir to do what they do best. I take pride in the fact that I started out as nobody, and continued to be a nobody until I made a name for myself. Half the people on the K/D leaderboard I've never even heard of, they just popped on there over-night basically. What is the fun in that? Lol the whole community is not impressed by how much plat you spend, and if you think otherwise you are sorely mistaken.

Again this is not me whining, this is not me flaming these K/D players, this is simply a rant on how NOT COOL what they are doing is. Because I know I'm going to be passed up this update, and idk about you but I'm not going to try and compete with enhanced plat players. I'm done with that, I haven't bought plat since last December and it's staying that way until I trullllly want to make that purchase. Which I haven't yet, and I'm much happier without plat. To be honest, I was stressed out every single time I used an enhancer, and when I didn't use them I felt like I was a weakling. It wasn't fun at all. Enhancers destroyed the spark I had for the game, and made the initial love I had for the game fade. I'm back in Star Legends now and I'm happy to say that I have gained that spark back! I love running with my natural skills while leveling up random people.

When I say "down with the cheap elixirs," I'm talking about these cheap all-access elixirs that allow high level players to gain a kill count from low levels. To make it even more clear, when I say "cheap" I don't mean plat prices. I mean these no good, not cool, plain dirty elixirs that allow people with the "money to spend," play dirty. It's not fair and it's not honorable, lol it's basically buying cheat codes that discourage non-plat players. As if they didn't already have so much to be jealous of without using plat.

With that said, I truly believe that these elixirs should be altered so that high level players can't use them on low levels, if not taken out of the game altogether.

Thank you
    A true Star Legend...
    |SL: Eng-Artstar, Op-Demoneyes, Comm-Skullflower|

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ArtStar For This Useful Post: