Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Down with the cheap elixirs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flowman View Post
    Pwniebombing referring to how if it keeps going in the direction of back and forth arguments, it's going to become a meme fest.

I'm sure the devs/mods have seen it, it's probably the only good thread left in SL general. I would guess they're waiting for someone to make a bad flame so they can lock the thread to avoid replying to the topic at hand because it's a controversial subject.

Unfortunately, fair isn't always profitable, and it sucks.
    Lolol yeah us Pwnies are pros at locking threads, we close so many threads that we close our own threads. IMHO they should have a locking threads leaderboard, naimjustkidding x) but in all seriousness I didn't expect to get far here, just felt like putting my input on the situation.

Yes, Voleria sucks after this long, we are all dying of boredom with nothing to do with no signs of an update, and it sucks for pretty much everybody. So whyy does it have to be this way, even if you got the money to spend and it's whatever, I don't see how people can't see how wrong it is. When I had plat in the Shipyard I could do a good 15k kills in a days time no problem, for example, and if I didn't have plat do you know how much kills I could get in a days time? 15K! Lol. Anyone had the chance to go nuts and rack up kills at the same level. So with Voleria VS Cycorp, it's pretty unfair indeed.

Look I know it is a game, and at the end of the day this doesnt mean anything to any of us. There obviously isn't a reason to get heated in my posts and I'm sorry if I offend anyone.
    This is just something I feel very strongly about, it's not right, and it isn't okay to me. I can't say it doesn't sting to see people moving up on the leaderboards in leaps and bounds and I can't do anything to defend my score that I put so much time into. It kills me to see such shameless behavior. Six months and no update sucks for everyone, and there is no reason anyone should be able to "take advantage" like this. Fixed leaderboards may not be a huge issue to everyone, but it is a huge issue to me. It makes me sick.
    Last edited by ArtStar; 06-22-2012 at 01:01 PM.
    A true Star Legend...
    |SL: Eng-Artstar, Op-Demoneyes, Comm-Skullflower|

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ArtStar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

You're a feisty girl huh Art? hahaha
    Now hurry up and get your internet working again so I can tell you my surprise via PM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

We are all here for our own reasons, and the main reason I am here is because I love the game.
    So if someone starts messing with my SL world, I am not going to lay down quietly.

Ha ha yeah sorry! I have not been looking forward to making all kinds of typos trying to write a long reply back on my tablet x)
    I will soon : )
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

You type those out on your tablet? O_O
    Wow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

If they made these "all access lix"removed for the end game players to earn K/D i'd be toast. cos' 2 of my alts are lvl'ed up on Cycorp 5. and im not discouraged nor feel satisfactory of what i did. if STS pulled it out, it will be another money making item deduction for them. just saying Main are Main and alts are our 2nd toon meaning it is mostly use for another journey just w/out the experience of doing hardcore runs as they did before with their mains..
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Play as if it's your last.
    Because in the End, You will face Judgement

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

agree with you arty (lol shocker i k r ) , i mean really sure i buy plat too but why game-break and take out the fun in it. Besides after all that non stop grinding once you finally reach that cap or reach the leaderboards , the feeling is amazing. But hey no one can stop people from doing what they seldom chose to do but a word of advise guys , nothing beats the feeling of accomplishment and success.

Arty you have my props , getting kills with an engi is out right impossible , kudos to you (:. Always will be our Super star engi ( Yeehaw)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kanozaki View Post
    agree with you arty (lol shocker i k r ) , i mean really sure i buy plat too but why game-break and take out the fun in it. Besides after all that non stop grinding once you finally reach that cap or reach the leaderboards , the feeling is amazing. But hey no one can stop people from doing what they seldom chose to do but a word of advise guys , nothing beats the feeling of accomplishment and success.

Arty you have my props , getting kills with an engi is out right impossible , kudos to you (:. Always will be our Super star engi ( Yeehaw)
    Thanks Kano<3
    Heheh once I get a stable internet connection I will be back in biz,
    And will give this Lonelykdop some more real money to spend by raising my score.

@iampain: They dont even need to take these elixirs out, they just need to alter them to do what they were meant to.
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArtStar View Post
    Thanks Kano<3
    Heheh once I get a stable internet connection I will be back in biz,
    And will give this Lonelykdop some more real money to spend by raising my score.

@iampain: They dont even need to take these elixirs out, they just need to alter them to do what they were meant to.
    lemme know when your back on SL tired of the ENG i get . One actually refused to heal and replied and i quote " use your stims"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Name:  SC20120630-183228-1.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  27.8 KBName:  SC20120630-183219-1.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  31.0 KBName:  SC20120630-183211-1-1.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  31.2 KB
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Name:  SC20120630-183203-1.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  61.0 KB
    Name:  SC20120630-182951-1.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  38.0 KB
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Default Have fun Lonely! :-) Theres another couple thousand for you to buy!

Name:  SC20120630-183011-1.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  59.8 KB
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

They should really make an "enhancer free" leader board. This way we could see the real hardcore players! And for the all access enhancer (or whatever it is called haha). They should make it so you can gain xp, but not earn kills, the enhancer is just hypocritical to them disallowing kills when xp is locked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

380K kills wid no enable xp,hats offf

-Raghav

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Lol art we all know who works to get a true k/d ... For me i earn all mine the hard way .. will never make the leaderboards but happy with my stats 61k kills and 1126 deaths .. all earned good and bad. Yes i have a new toon "Irondevil" cause i want to see how far i can go without a death. Do i use elixirs for lower levels? No... But i do not begrudge those that do as it is a game and we are free to play the way we want to. I just simply feel it is a waste for me to have gainable xp in lower levels as i level faster in maps at my level or slightly above my level also other than a vanity the loot in lower levels gained is geared toward your current level. So i do not feel spending 5 platinum to have access to lower level for kills is worth it as the only reason i go there is to farm vanities. However having said this if others choose to spend the money to be able to play that way i do not be grudge them as that is thier choice. So if someone wants to brag they have a great k/d that is fine but deep down we all know how those stats were gained as for me i tell them thats nice and leave it at that. I have the satisfaction of playing the way i want to a more challenging way to gain certain stats for me i don't care if anyone is impressed with my stats or achievements so i will not say anything unless i reach a goal i set for myself then i may say something but very rare. It is up to you the player how to play... What is fun for you? As for getting rid of the elixirs nahhh... It makes money and as long as ppl r willing to buy them they should stay. I know it is not a popular thing to say as art and many others feel cheated as others can gain a great stat using this method... Take soliace in knowing yourself how you EARNED your stats and be proud of the challenge u accomplished. After all this is what matters the most and does not matter what others do or say. I am proud to say i capped my main both times with nothing more than the free elixir not many other than sparkling pwnies know about this accomplishment but i was very proud of this challenge i accomplished. Art should be proud of her ldrboard accomplishment but not because of the number of kills but rather the number of ppl she helped level and cap including myself. This is why artstar deserves the leaderboard as those numbers show her hard work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

@Airity: Thanks for supporting my cause. As you can see this is important to me.

@Saiyen: Thanks! I feel very good about it so I felt like sharing.

@Ironhand: Hum, well like I said I am not hating on the kd people Iron. I am simply trying to get my voice heard. I am a VERY proud Star Legends player when it comes down to it. Yes I said proud, not cocky or concieted. I love playing this game, it is my first love and a lot more with you guys keeping me company. So when something is poisoning my universe... I am not going to sit there and take it. I see what you are trying to get at and I appreciate your opinion, but with much respect and no offense what so ever I have to disagree with that horse crap. Sadly the boards speoak louder than goals and accomplishments.

The leaderboards are meant to be something that everyone should have the chance to be a part of. Fixing the leaderboard with these all access elixirs is NOT how the game was intended to be played. Abusing elixirs in general isnt how the game was meant to be played, this is a kid game. Soo how is it okay for this "old fart"(he called himself) to come in here and basically buy his way to the top? People who spent MONTHS putting in 4-8 hours a day BUSTING THEIR BUTTS, are all disgusted I'm sure. .We didnt put all that hard work and time into this game for our score to be erased by people using these elixirs in less than half of half the time. Less than that even! How is that okay? I dont care if "that is how they like to play." What is fun for this one person, is not fun for everyone else. It is not fun for the community, it is selfishly discouraging other players. No one is cheering him on besides the people who dislike me and his guild. What about every other player, and every other guild who disagrees with this "way of playing?"

If that is what him and the people who are cheering him on are about then I am sorry, but that is pathetic. Cheering on someone who is basically buying kills. Yes! I know it takes some level of skill/timing, mostly timing. I am not impressed by getting one shot kills in Cycorp...

I will rant all day about this until you guys realize what this is doing to the community. The leaderboard has more impact than you think, and fixing them with plat is only going to further ruin this game. It will encourage others to play this way, and soon everyone on the lb will be playing at an enhanced pace that no one can compete with. I know STS loves money, but losing the discouraged players on the account of it is not okay. This will become an even bigger issue down the road. You think I am the only one who feels this way? I am not the first to complain about it and I certainly wont be the last. These 'all access' elixirs again either have to go, or be altered.

Simply just knowing what a great player I am, and what I have accomplished is not enough I'm sorry. I have capped countless people and I still level people to this day, but I just like having something to show for it. Knowing how they got their kills is very discouraging on this topic.

Again dont take this the bad way, you are my big bro of a friend Ironhoof and ily. This may be all carefree puppy dog kisses and milkshakes for you, but it is not for me. I feel cheated/helpless/insulted/disgusted at the whole situation. So again I will repeat myself and say that this is not okay to me.
    Last edited by ArtStar; 07-01-2012 at 05:20 AM.
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I totally agree with ArtStar.. those elixirs should be changed to give only exp and not have the kills count.
    You should work for your kills not get them handed down.
    It would be the same if there was a buy kills for plat option in the plat store.
    Running a dungeon 1-shooting low lvl mobs is NOT working for your kills.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Exion For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Exion View Post
    I totally agree with ArtStar.. those elixirs should be changed to give only exp and not have the kills count.
    You should work for your kills not get them handed down.
    It would be the same if there was a buy kills for plat option in the plat store.
    Running a dungeon 1-shooting low lvl mobs is NOT working for your kills.
    It is amazing how far it has gotten, lol you know what I got asked the other day while farmin V5?
    "Why don't you use plat on your killruns??"
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Down with the cheap elixirs!

Fun topic art see ur having fun lol very interestingly im surprized noones said it yet but sure let them the plat buyers haver there all access enhancers but like many of the original enhancers u can buy with normal hard earnd credits y not just add in a all access credit enhancer would even out the playing field or at least be more fair for us that have hit 41 have no plat and stuk on just over 40k kills lol (me lol) that way i see it being a hella lot fairer just my opinion tho (:

21. The Following User Says Thank You to deathcan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deathcan View Post
    Fun topic art see ur having fun lol very interestingly im surprized noones said it yet but sure let them the plat buyers haver there all access enhancers but like many of the original enhancers u can buy with normal hard earnd credits y not just add in a all access credit enhancer would even out the playing field or at least be more fair for us that have hit 41 have no plat and stuk on just over 40k kills lol (me lol) that way i see it being a hella lot fairer just my opinion tho (:
    Oh yes, I am having a lot of fun here
    I am pretty much counter-ranting everything xD
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Art u know i am always in ur corner and i feel what u saying... Do not get me wrong i agree totally with u. The truth is unfornately for now the elixirs r not going anywhere. However there has been talk and i am sure still in discussion of changing how kills are recorded making it only count if you are on a map equivalent to your level. Changes were made in pl because many complained of paying plat to access levels and that was changed. If many here goto the suggestion and feedback section for sl and voice our opions they will listen.. they know who lines thier pocket books.