I am TheRajX. I'm a moderator in another forum board (Uberstrike), but I've come to check out this game and I think its awesome. I've been playing for some time and am currently level 40 now demotivated to earn 28k xp to the next level. But to entertain myself on the way there I chose to participate in pvp. I've tried a variety of tactics and met some awesome engi battlers and I've developed my own excellent build which is surprisingly....identical....to morfic's.
For PVE purposes I found the skill "transference" very useful because it damages each and every mob and gives you all the health. However for PVP purposes I find it cheap. I see a problem with leeching health off of players who don't even participate in the duel. My question is...what do you guys think? I believe in strictly 1 on 1 and usually win against engineers who use transference in a conflict resolution game but get slaughtered when in a full FFA game.
Also some suggestions for engi improvement:
- Increase heals. Empathy effectivity drops from 95 hp/3 seconds too 24 hp/3 seconds. Raise this to around 50 and we might see a balance.
- A Never Fail push skill. We need to be able to push our opponents out of the way. I can film a youtube short of an engineer vs. and operative. If the engineer makes one tiny timing error, ops can lash and drain 70 percent of health, then lash and drain again. If we happened to get out with 30% of hp left to heal, we still have to be careful and pull the same stunt over again. What are the chances of that?? It takes three rounds of dots (because of dodge) for even noncustom ops to die.
- Extend the ranges of our dots to....15 meters. If operatives have the same range as us then as stated in every engi pvp guide, all we can do is supress and hope* that ops and coms waste away their buffs. Hope cannot be the only way to win.
- More damaging dots or aoe. We cannot be expected to run around the map 5 times minimum to kill an operative and 30 times for a commando. Thats just ridiculous. Engis not only have to put up with boredom but also being called runners and kiters and at some cases being kicked from games for that.
- Make "INT" more beneficial. Why is it that good engies have to put all their points into STR? INT must be clear that it is the most beneficial point assignment. (Debatable but for my case it is true)