Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Humania Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silverpegasus View Post
    Newest patch:
    Virtual joystick - now moved to bottom corner. Options - added virtual joystick size slider. added friends online notification. Options should now be easier to hit on small devices.

The newest update for ipad has killed the game for me. Why make things worse when it works?
    Try playing the game with your joystick located at the bottom corner while on ipad, you are going to develop some wrist problem soon. This is a health hazard
    The best position for ipad joystick is right at the leftmost, vertically center. Please revert that back. I have much problem playing now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Official Humania Feedback Thread

Love how it feels new and not reused, but havnt even SEEN a pink drop yet lol I know alot of us would like an answer for why the pinks dont seem to be dropin :P
    INDUBITABLY:banana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Dear STS Devs,

Thank you very much for the new expansion. I like the designs of the tiki items, and I love to see the way it is easy to grind exp points as it always be. The promo and angelic items are really great ideas too. I give you my thumbs up for the new feature achievement system.

Let me just have some comments on the following but please take them as constructive criticism: "MY LACKING 9"

(1) PINK DROPS:The pink drops are too low -- lower than Mount Fang? -- and not not so many variations. I like the NURI pinks as it has "elite" pinks and normal pinks
    (2) SENSE OF NEW ITEM DROPS: I feel the laziness (sorry for the word) of the designs of all item drops as they are all the same designs back from alien oasis. New names are great but I remember when you released the BALEFORT SEWER, all item designs were new and great-looking even if its not pink.
    (3) CRAFTING: This is lacking but I guess you are working with this. But please do not repeat NURI's crafting item drop rate. I suggest to use same crafting items used in NURI, MT FANG, FOREST HAVEN and BS plus NEW CRAFTING items for HUMANIA. This will distribute all high level players .. way of helping other low-level players.. putting sense on elixir that can be used to gain exp on low level dungeon .. and last but not the least.. OLD but GREAT dungeons will still be active on games.
    (4) VANITIES: I suggest pet vanity drop as in SL. Though I believe you gain some of your operating fees from players spending plat for pets, I suggest a small version of pet -- like - small ballon, 1 small bat, etc.
    (5) STORE CONTENTS: I also guess you are on your way on adding some contents in the store. I am excited!
    (6) SKILLS: I like the LVL 7 skill cap but would it make sense to add 1 new skill from lvl 66 but skill map will stay the same. In SL, there are many skill to choose from but you are limited to use only 8. You may also add the passive skills as in DL. New players will aim to reach high level to check the new skill.. Old players will respec (use their plat) to see the new skills.
    (7) VANITY CAP: I agree with the vanity helm - it has a great design.. I remember in sewer we can craft the vanity helm. I think that was a great idea. Well I suggest it next expansion and the pet vanity cap too.
    (8) BOSS: Make it more challenging and exciting as you had created. KEEPER, AUTIE ELMA, GUSTOV, FEVER, KING and QUEEN..
    (9) IN GAME TRAPS: Where's the fire create or any traps? This will create laughs when doing runs. Remember the "fried chicken" in BS?

Thanks,
    Elfwarden
    Last edited by Elf-Orc-Naga; 06-23-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Life is a game, boy. Life is a game that one plays according to the rules. J. D. Salinger The Catcher in the Rye
    Primary IGN: Elfwarden

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The new maps are too easy. Mobs are spaced far apart and bosses require no strategy. It's not fun to run just feels like a grind. Even at the end of 66 cap I could still run Mt Fang and hope for pinks, but these new pinks aren't any better than the free angel gear everyone got so I can't find any motivation to run. But the big buzz kill to me is zones/bosses, not challenging at all.
    PL - Elixirs
    DL - Joe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wererhino View Post
    The new maps are too easy. Mobs are spaced far apart and bosses require no strategy. It's not fun to run just feels like a grind. Even at the end of 66 cap I could still run Mt Fang and hope for pinks, but these new pinks aren't any better than the free angel gear everyone got so I can't find any motivation to run. But the big buzz kill to me is zones/bosses, not challenging at all.
    I didnt get angel gear :P
    INDUBITABLY:banana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elf-Orc-Naga View Post
    Dear STS Devs,

Thank you very much for the new expansion. I like the designs of the tiki items, and I love to see the way it is easy to grind exp points as it always be. The promo and angelic items are really great ideas too. I give you my thumbs up for the new feature achievement system.

Let me just have some comments on the following but please take them as constructive criticism: "MY LACKING 9"

(1) PINK DROPS:The pink drops are too low -- lower than Mount Fang? -- and not not so many variations. I like the NURI pinks as it has "elite" pinks and normal pinks
    (2) SENSE OF NEW ITEM DROPS: I feel the laziness (sorry for the word) of the designs of all item drops as they are all the same designs back from alien oasis. New names are great but I remember when you released the BALEFORT SEWER, all item designs were new and great-looking even if its not pink.
    (3) CRAFTING: This is lacking but I guess you are working with this. But please do not repeat NURI's crafting item drop rate. I suggest to use same crafting items used in NURI, MT FANG, FOREST HAVEN and BS plus NEW CRAFTING items for HUMANIA. This will distribute all high level players .. way of helping other low-level players.. putting sense on elixir that can be used to gain exp on low level dungeon .. and last but not the least.. OLD but GREAT dungeons will still be active on games.
    (4) VANITIES: I suggest pet vanity drop as in SL. Though I believe you gain some of your operating fees from players spending plat for pets, I suggest a small version of pet -- like - small ballon, 1 small bat, etc.
    (5) STORE CONTENTS: I also guess you are on your way on adding some contents in the store. I am excited!
    (6) SKILLS: I like the LVL 7 skill cap but would it make sense to add 1 new skill from lvl 66 but skill map will stay the same. In SL, there are many skill to choose from but you are limited to use only 8. You may also add the passive skills as in DL. New players will aim to reach high level to check the new skill.. Old players will respec (use their plat) to see the new skills.
    (7) VANITY CAP: I agree with the vanity helm - it has a great design.. I remember in sewer we can craft the vanity helm. I think that was a great idea. Well I suggest it next expansion and the pet vanity cap too.
    (8) BOSS: Make it more challenging and exciting as you had created. KEEPER, AUTIE ELMA, GUSTOV, FEVER, KING and QUEEN..
    (9) IN GAME TRAPS: Where's the fire create or any traps? This will create laughs when doing runs. Remember the "fried chicken" in BS?

Thanks,
    Elfwarden
    any refeedback?
    Hi players! voice out your feedback here for humania expansion!

Life is a game, boy. Life is a game that one plays according to the rules. J. D. Salinger The Catcher in the Rye
    Primary IGN: Elfwarden

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Overall I give this campaign 6 out of 10. I could have given it a higher score if not for the uninspiring boss battles.

Story: "The Heroes of Alterra have pushed the monsters threatening the Elf Queen’s domain out further and further from the mainland. Left with few strongholds, evil influences have crossed the water to take a foothold on the southern islands known collectively as Humania." Samhayne

Nothing much to say about the story, it's as simple as it can get, the entire story of the campaign is literally that phrase above, nothing more nothing less. The story is there for the sake of having one. The story doesn't have plot holes since the plot is too thin anyway...that's my problem with the story in this expansion (and the others), it's forgettable. In today's gaming era, storytelling is starting to become a lost art...games like Xenogears, Final Fantasy 1-7...Zelda...Lunar...those games are long gone...and Pocket Legends has fallen victim to the bad-story-telling-syndrome of this gaming era. Story-wise, the expansion provided one, but it's too forgettable they could just have decided not to have one and nobody would notice...even Famicom games told better stories. Finally, for the love of all gods, why doesn't PL have quest logs? So players can read their previous quests. Unless we all have photogenic memories that we can instantly memorize everything, we need a journal/quest log, so we can read our previous quests. Definitely this is not the highlight and possibly the worst part of this expansion. 3/10

Gameplay: I will not touch on issues that already existed prior to this expansion and instead focus entirely on what's new namely: Quests, Achievements, and Skills. Quests, there's nothing to talk about, they're the usual bring-me quests. Achievements, I must say this is one of the stronger points of this expansion, it gave both new and old players a reason to play and not just mindless grinding. I know this Achievement System is still in its grass roots, we can only expect greater things to come out from it, it's definitely a good start. The max skill upgrade definitely changes the playing field a little bit, now, people can be a little different...that's better than being totally identical. Again, it's a good upgrade (not huge, but good), it should only get better especially when max skill levels go up to 8, 9 even 10. Variety is always good in an MMORPG. The mystery of not knowing what build is the best in PVE or what build you're up against in PVP is one of the good stuff in MMORPG, sadly, prior to this expansion, everyone was the same...I give this skills upgrade double thumbs up. On the side, I was half-expecting that the new gameplay would include "being able to charge your attacks/skills" like in DL for a price (maybe immobility or more mana cost), that would really change the PVP/PVE playing field by a huge factor...I'm still not giving up on this idea though, I hope this happens. So to summarize, they get 2 out of 3 new gameplay-related expansions correct: 9/10

Graphics: Overall, the same cartoony looking graphics, it has a casual feel to it. When you play pocket legends, you know you can sit back and relax because of the soft graphics. There are some frame rate issues here and there, and some missing pixels...but for the most part, the game is pretty smooth. I also like that you can now zoom far away so you are aware of your environment: 8/10

User Interface: I won't go into details on each UI issue when the expansion launched, but what I will tell you is that it's actually growing on me. There's a sleeker look into it, but I can't put a finger on one aspect. The UI is playable now after the patches, and that's what's important. Currently, I only have one issue left, the virtual joystick's location in my IPad is too low. Until it goes up to the middle portion of my Ipad, I can't give this a perfect score: 8/10

Frame Rate/Connection: One word, LAG. I have a fast network connection, I'm playing other internet games that host their servers in NA and EU and it's only Pocket Legends that's really lagging so I know it's a server issue (reaching bandwidth upper limit most probably). Although it did improve compared to Day 1 of the expansion, it's still there especially in PVP: 5/10

Audio: I like the background music, it's a breath of fresh air. It gives life to the environment, you will really feel you're in a beach because of the BGM. I also like the minor voice acting of the bosses, but they could have made it more audible. 8/10

Boss Battles: Did I say story was the worst part? I take it back, the bosses are. The bosses are too easy. They are all melee bosses, so all you need to do is kite and spam pots, which makes for linear battles. To STS, dungeon itself is already not exciting with all the walking, at least put sparks on the boss battles. Sewers, Nuri's and Mt. Fang had creative and unique boss battles (Roach, Panto, Emma, etc.), but Humania doesn't have a single boss performing a unique skill (except for the opening closet by Koko Krunch but really?). All bosses in Humania can easily be overwhelmed by a party. A boss should always have that chance to wipe out even the best parties, give a fight, not just be a punching bag: 2/10

Dungeons and Mobs: Design Layout is really nice, they were able to accurately develop that "isle" and "beach" dungeoning. The downside is that each instance takes too long to complete. It would have been acceptable if the length of the dungeon was due to having more enemies, or tougher mobs but that's not the case, the main reason why dungeons take longer to complete is due to running, the gaps between mobs are too far which makes for a boring experience. For the mobs, I wouldn't call them rehashed because most of them were enhanced a little bit, they put masks in their face, those trolls worshiping some sort of exploding stone, etc. these are small things that I appreciate and I'm not being too hard on them because I understand they don't have unlimited bandwidth and needs to work on what they have, as it is now we're all experiencing lag that's due to their bandwidth reaching their upper limits, they're still a young and growing company and they deserve to be given some sort of leeway...plus the game is free so they cannot upgrade as quick as a pay-to-play. In terms of the look, the game delivered, but it failed in the convenience aspect. I'm always lenient when a game compromises convenience, I can live with it: 7.5/10.

In Summary:
    Story: 3/10
    Gameplay: 9/10
    Graphics: 8/10
    User Interface: 8/10
    Frame Rate/Connection: 5/10
    Audio: 8/10
    Boss Battles: 2/10
    Dungeons and Mobs: 7.5/10

Total: 50.5/80 or 6/10, passing mark. With the upcoming patches, it can only get better from here, I hope a re-vamp on the bosses be implemented (at least the names, Tiki God is good, but Koko Krunch, that's the name of my favorite cereal. I know you can do better STS). The dungeon I think is fine, just don't do it again in next expansion (short instances but sweet action). I'm looking forward to the new item sets and how they will balance the PVP. I'm also anxious if there will be guild improvements later on. What really killed the expansion for some is the 7 month waiting period...that's a long time and this expansion did not fit the hype that was built in the duration (maybe if it was cut short to around 4-5 months, people would be more forgiving).

That's my take. Sorry if it's too long and you didn't read, but I hope a dev finds this helpful.
    Last edited by vampinoy; 06-28-2012 at 09:43 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to vampinoy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Default founders helms please give antennas

Hi sam, i know this is off topic but making a new thread on my ipad doesnt work so imma post here
    Hi devs
    Me and my friend Rapidshadow both have founders helms as do many other players
    We were hoping you would allow founders helms to give out silver antennas with (same color as founders helm gemstones) purple pulsing through it thanks! After all aoa hats give out mini hats and droids, devs and mods give antennas so why cant the original players of pl?
    Please consider this suggestion and i hope it can be added to pl's already awesome game. But i believe adding this feature to the founders helms will make people want to get on pl and get these cool antennas thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

the patch is nice but I still haven't received my AGELIC GEAR! I've emailed support and got not help and checked my purchases a million times. The total always comes out to $55

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Great new campaign especially the music...drumbeat.

Devs, if you still read this...I still want a Mantle of Humania...Volcanut. I haven't lost my desire for it, just to let you know there's demand for it. I would be so happy if you still re-introduced it into the Humania campaign. I ran with a bear today wearing it, looked so epic!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like the new,game update - humania.... Dont like that the fur gee furball quest is so difficult to completea.