Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Humania Boss Fights - Feedback please!

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Question Humania Boss Fights - Feedback please!

Please use this thread to post your feedback about the different boss fights in Humania. Please be specific - rather than just saying you liked or didn't like it, go into detail. Tell us what specifically you didn't like and what your suggestions are, or go into detail about what you did like and why.

Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

I think They are all fine. Was there a complaint about them? i see nothing wrong.

Jugernuget:Guess: 576

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jugernugetx View Post
    I think They are all fine. Was there a complaint about them? i see nothing wrong.
    We are looking for feedback. If you like them, please be specific about what you like about them. If you think they could be improved in some way, please be specific about how and/or what you didn't like. Thanks so much!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

My first thought was that theyr too easy to defeat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

IMHO - they are toooo easy to kill... no taktik needed... just come and take...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Capitapy:682583
    IMHO - they are toooo easy to kill... no taktik needed... just come and take...
    Quote Originally Posted by brodiniozo:682581
    My first thought was that theyr too easy to defeat.
    And if they nerf them people will complain that they are too hard...lose lose situation...

The bosses WITH thrasher elixirs are fairly simple without they are well kinda hard to beat. I love the last boss! Simply looks epic, and the rest are well funny.

If you know who the character is, this is his final Form!

Love it thanks MothWing!
    PL: Saool L76 Mage [Proud Officer of A.R.G.] Siejo's Secretary
    DL: Saool [Eternally Undead Officer of C.V.G.]

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

It is really hard to tell right now, as other have said, because teams are either low (65-66 instead of 70) or overpowered (juiced up on thrashers). When I did my run through last night, other then the last boss, I could not tell who was a boss, because the juicers were tearing through them so quick. Might take time to get real feedback on them. Also, I think the last boss might have needed some strategy, but once again, dead to quick by the thrashers.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Please use this thread to post your feedback about the different boss fights in Humania. Please be specific - rather than just saying you liked or didn't like it, go into detail. Tell us what specifically you didn't like and what your suggestions are, or go into detail about what you did like and why.

Thanks!
    Cons:

1. They don't need any strategy. Considering they are end game boss, they are just too easy to kill. Sure they got huge armor and dmg but all we need to do is spam skill and nothing more.

2. They are used before Humania came out.

3. If I'm not wrong, we don't need to clear maps for boss to spawn. I guess, me and my party killed the boss when 30+ mobs were remaining. It should be atleast 10-15 mobs remaining.

Pros: Easy farming.. Enuf said. Lol

If I were you, I'd use some hardcore (not too hardcore like Count Vlod, but something like Emma) bosses that push users to their limit.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

What dissappointed me most about the bosses is not theat they go down within 20 seconds (wich makes it boring for a trasher group but not too hard for unpotted players, like it was with MF bosses), but that they also require absolutely no strategy.

Old bosses like Overlord, Gurgox, Goldfever, etc required you to think a bit instead of just nuking them down in no time.
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I think the further you dig in to end game, the more strategy the levels/bosses need. Chances are a player will find a guild or friends to level with by this level (hopefully). My suggestion is to make each class useful somehow.

What I'm thinking...

During one of the bosses, the following classes have to do this in order to survive:

Mages: Heal when the group is debuffed (otherwise it will result in deaths for everyone)

Birds: Use blind (or some skill) when the boss is charging up a skill.

Bears: Use beckon when the boss tries to run away to recover full health.

See where I'm getting at? It will motivate players to find a guild/friends to run with and it will persuade players to have a variety of classes in PvE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

to ez they need more attacks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

i gotta say pretty easy the last boss makes vlod look like a beast.
    Cool names and details just to easy

Rauekat-lvl 71 bird, Rauekit-lvl 68 bear, Rauekot-lvl 43 mage, Rauekatjr lvl 15 bird! Proud recruiter of "The Elite"! Soon to be officer I hope!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I think people need to run Humania w/o thrashers...

which will come later, after all the thrashers get bored. Unpotted people were dying quite a bit, unless they had a thrasher or good bear tanking for them.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by saool View Post
    And if they nerf them people will complain that they are too hard...lose lose situation...

The bosses WITH thrasher elixirs are fairly simple without they are well kinda hard to beat. I love the last boss! Simply looks epic, and the rest are well funny.
    Let’s remember the last Fang boss. Is it too easy to kill it with thrasher? I guess no. Crypt boss - easy to kill? No! Anybody complain? No! Emma, so nice boss!!! AO bosses, so sweet!!! So interesting to kill/farm them, even on high lvl. Bosses at Sand Cave – so interesting to kill. The point is not just to get your pink from the boss, the point is in satisfaction from the process.

Sry for my grammar, English is not my native language.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Default Humania Boss Fights - Feedback please!

Make em harder and up drop rates

16. The Following User Says Thank You to maneatingtree For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maneatingtree View Post
    Make em harder and up drop rates
    Yep!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I don't know, because ppl kept quitting
    A veteran who cannot let go the glorified Legends days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

I'll give some feedback.

First of all, I really like the new bosses and the environment in which they are surrounded with.
    I also liked a few of the names, such as the pun for a returning Skeller Krunch: Koko Crunch.
    Sounds like Cocoa Crunch eh?
    Some things that have troubled me and many players are the difficulty, recoloring of old bosses, and simplicity of the bosses.

The first thing I noticed was that many of the bosses and minibosses: Gurgox the Gratified, T'Paxx, Koko Crunch, Big Kahuna, Boogie Monster, and Lucky are simple recolors or renames of past bosses we have seen. The only newly introduced boss is the Tiki God. I believe this recolor of the old bosses creates some boredom and makes many older players unwilling to do more of these boss runs, simply because of the fact that they will just face another old boss.
    Big Kahuna is like the boss Earthquake, having nearly the same skills and such.

The simplicity of the boss fights is what is overwhelmingly noticeable.
    The bosses have considerably low HP compared to Mount Fang, enough to make Mount Fang seem like it was an Elite Dungeon instead of a campaign five levels under.
    As we saw in Mount Fang, every boss fight was very treacherous and some required special tactics such as Aunt Emma, in which you had to keep close to the walls when she used her special attack.
    For the newer bosses, what I see is that they just have very powerful melee hits, lacking any special skills or abilities.
    Tiki God might have some special twist with the Shrine of Oslem or whatever, but with his low amount of HP, we always kill him before we find out anything.
    Yesterday during the new update, my friend Subscribers and I cleared the entire new Humania expansion in a trio party with a level 65 bear who did not have any elixirs on.
    We both immediately noticed how easy the MOBS were compared to Mount Fang, and we asked how the bear was doing without elixirs.
    After we killed Tiki God and we saw the "Return to Towne" option WITHOUT the "Go to Next Campaign" option, I asked, "Is this IT?!"

The bosses also seem to be very reluctant in dropping pinks, and so far, no purples have dropped at all.
    The drop rate of pinks is similar to that of when Mount Fang's pink drop rate was bugged and became insanely low.
    Boss fights with elixirs tend to take only several seconds to half a minute.
    Boss fights without elixirs tend to take about three minutes at the most.
    I believe the original motive in making these bosses immensely weaker in comparison to Mount Fang's ungodly Count Vlod was to allow non-elixir farmers to be able to clear the dungeon with less deaths/time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Capitapy:682672

Let’s remember the last Fang boss. Is it too easy to kill it with thrasher? I guess no. Crypt boss - easy to kill? No! Anybody complain? No! Emma, so nice boss!!! AO bosses, so sweet!!! So interesting to kill/farm them, even on high lvl. Bosses at Sand Cave – so interesting to kill. The point is not just to get your pink from the boss, the point is in satisfaction from the process.

Sry for my grammar, English is not my native language.
    My point was just to state that...wait for it... "People are complaining they are TOO easy." But once they nerf them (personally I hope they do), people will once again come back to the forums making threads about how hard the bosses are after the nerf.

Again I personally don't mind a baws that's harder to beat (I run with thrashers most the time) but for those who don't well that's a different story.

But nao, if they were kept the same, but required something like hiding from them because they're about to fart, and it would give you an instant death or anything that makes you think like that, would be IMO pretty cool lol
    Last edited by saool; 06-20-2012 at 11:22 AM.

If you know who the character is, this is his final Form!

Love it thanks MothWing!
    PL: Saool L76 Mage [Proud Officer of A.R.G.] Siejo's Secretary
    DL: Saool [Eternally Undead Officer of C.V.G.]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

My point was just to state that...wait for it... "People are complaining they are TOO easy." But once they nerf them (personally I hope they do), people will once again come back to the forums making threads about how hard the bosses are after the nerf.

Again I personally don't mind a baws that's harder to beat (I run with thrashers most the time) but for those who don't well that's a different story.

But nao, if they were kept the same, but required something like hiding from them because they're about to fart, and it would give you an instant death or anything that makes you think like that, would be IMO pretty cool lol
    I never used traher of any sorts.. Maybe 1.5x combo sometime but 2x or up,, nah! don't feel like investing in trashers when there many other things I can do..

Back to topic. Some non trasher users rage quit after they find a boss too difficult. However most of them likes the challenge and never stop doing it (I know, I do). Basically, if there's nothing special about a boss then I don't feel like running after it.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2