Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: $1.99 - Buy Stats and Attribute Points!?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default $1.99 - Buy Stats and Attribute Points!?!

Is it possible. Purists I know will object. All due apologies for having asked. Then there is the two circus clowns on the forum who might simply try to question such logic just for the heck of it. (both of you - it’s quite simple. I don’t need any of your wisdom or to share in your personal grief. Find someone else to share it with. Click on new post. Better yet - Find Somewhere else to share it with. Search Google seeing as your so happy with yourself for knowing how).

Like seriously. . . everything else is on sale. Why not stats and attribute points. Should we want to spec out our character over and above normal. . . ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm not trying to question the logic of it, just saying, this will never happen for very obvious reasons.
    Deathshock: Level 30 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fair enough. Yeah I know what you mean. Would make the game too easy for some. Pointless for others.

Still. Helmets and Crossbows bought at the itunes store hardly compares to the stats and attributes wielding them. Value-wise that is. All optional at the end of the day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
    Fair enough. Yeah I know what you mean. Would make the game too easy for some. Pointless for others.

Still. Helmets and Crossbows bought at the itunes store hardly compares to the stats and attributes wielding them. Value-wise that is. All optional at the end of the day.
    Yeah most of the items in the itunes store is for Appearance's sake. A lot of the gear is flaming or different from the average drop. The only thing that could be overpurchased would probably be gold, and I doubt very many people are actually buying gold from the store. If they made it possible to buy skill points or attributes some people with a lot of people would drop tens to hundreds of dollars on these and would be unpropotionally powerful which ruins the point of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Deathshock View Post
    I'm not trying to question the logic of it, just saying, this will never happen for very obvious reasons.
    yeah like what's the point of the game then .... grind ,lvl up and enjoy ....
    Archer. maxvegas
    Warrior. loonee
    Enchantress. zephyrs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I think as much as the Game company wants to earn money, they will never do this because it will cause an imbalance, and consequently cause people to be unhappy.

If stats buying was introduced, then people will complain that it is unfair, people will be power gaming through money.
    If PvP was ever introduced, it would be a case of see who has more money to spend to get better stats.

I think (or I hope) that the dev team is aiming to create a balanced game, and stat buying will be counter productive to that goal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i've seen private servers do this before, make donations and you get awesome uber pwnage kick*** gear
    for everyone else, eh, there was no one else

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alright. So how about we only gets to purch one set of stats every now and again. Post 5-10 lvls up. So at Level 5 say for instance, you get the option to add the stats given and/or buy a set of stats for $x.99. Then at 15 again. Not compounded. Which is to say that a player will not get the option to purchase 2 sets being one that was not used at level 5. (just detailing out a rough idea). One set being 5 points to distribute across attributes. And 1 or 2 for your skill(z).

Meanwhile I’m grinding across three levels. Gonna get the fourth and I can’t wait for the one with the crocs. The Idea being a stat purchase would just gimmie tht much more bang for my buck and less cause to rely on pot spamming. For one thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Alright. So how about we only gets to purch one set of stats every now and again. Post 5-10 lvls up. So at Level 5 say for instance, you get the option to add the stats given and/or buy a set of stats for $x.99. Then at 15 again. Not compounded. Which is to say that a player will not get the option to purchase 2 sets being one that was not used at level 5. (just detailing out a rough idea). One set being 5 points to distribute across attributes. And 1 or 2 for your skill(z).

Meanwhile I’m grinding across three levels. Gonna get the fourth and I can’t wait for the one with the crocs. The Idea being a stat purchase would just gimmie tht much more bang for my buck and less cause to rely on pot spamming. For one thing.
    an easy way to get rid of pots spamm is if mobs drops them
    Archer. maxvegas
    Warrior. loonee
    Enchantress. zephyrs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

More than one way to skin a cat. What.

Tht whole prevent pot spamming was just a bonus. Real question is: A Set of Stat and Attribute points for $$. Nothing out of the ordinary. Not looking to get Str or Dex upto 300 or anything like that. Just a decent buffer if offered is all. 5 points here a dollar or two there. Tht sort of think.
    Last edited by Arjun; 04-19-2010 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Corrections. . .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bann OP. Hes trolling too much...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shebee View Post
    Reported us both into the Mods. Can't wait to buy myself a new device and set up a fresh tunes account. Know why. Cause there ain't no recession where I'm from. That and I really digg this game. So wht you gonna do Shebee!?!

Put your money where your mouth is why don't ya. I'd recommend the iPhone 3Gs. ..or u might wanna hold out for the speculated 4G one. Oh and I believe AmEx is a good card to use for future purchases.

Oh yeah. And if they do let me pay for statts. Ill check you out in-game. PvP zone day 1. If u manage a fresh set up that is of course. Not questioning that you won't. know wht I mean.... nudge nudge.... wink wink. . . know what I mean!?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Reported us both into the Mods. Can't wait to buy myself a new device and set up a fresh tunes account. Know why. Cause there ain't no recession where I'm from. That and I really digg this game. So wht you gonna do Shebee!?!

Put your money where your mouth is why don't ya. I'd recommend the iPhone 3Gs. ..or u might wanna hold out for the speculated 4G one. Oh and I believe AmEx is a good card to use for future purchases.

Oh yeah. And if they do let me pay for statts. Ill check you out in-game. PvP zone day 1. If u manage a fresh set up that is of course. Not questioning that you won't. know wht I mean.... nudge nudge.... wink wink. . . know what I mean!?!
    Somebody's overreacting much... lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

More than one way to skin a cat. What.

Tht whole prevent pot spamming was just a bonus. Real question is: A Set of Stat and Attribute points for $$. Nothing out of the ordinary. Not looking to get Str or Dex upto 300 or anything like that. Just a decent buffer if offered is all. 5 points here a dollar or two there. Tht sort of think.

Frankly speaking, I just dont think it is a good idea.
    Looking at alot of other MMORPG games with cash purchases, I have never seen one which allowed people to buy stats. Most games will offer thinks like unique items sets, or visual goodies (like alternate skins) etc, these items will not drastically affect the gameplay and you will never encounter a imbalance of people who spend $$ vs people who dont.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Thats somewhat harsh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Splurd View Post
    Thats somewhat harsh.
    You should start reading his posts, youd probably agree with me.
    At leasf warn him or add a feaure to ignore peoppe on the forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

You should start reading his posts, youd probably agree with me.
    At leasf warn him or add a feaure to ignore peoppe on the forums.

I do think he is misguided, and takes negative feedback too personally.

I'm pretty sure he was implying that you are my multi account at one point in time. Which is creepy since that would mean I am talking to my self now. Its only a matter of time before the men with white jackets come for me~.

cough

But yeah, saying "omg ban me I dont care I'll go buy another iphone" is.. as Deathshock put it, over reacting. (and childish)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shebee... Just so you know. . .sent this little gem to the Mods by way of the Exclamation point on the left had corner of each post. Take a look. See it. Good. Extended controls and functionality.

Yesterday*06:02 PM

Quoting your Wisdom.

. . ."I think you need medical attention.
    You talk crap that make no sense and whine that because someone distributes their attributes in a totally stupid way he's not able to equip items, well no ****?
    And now you talk crazy **** like this, just because everyone else is intelligent enough to understand why you are wrong doesn't mean I have 5 accounts on this forum." END QUOTE

Ill say it again. Happy to get banned right there with you. Oh-wait, that's right. you missed the earlier quote I submitted from the game update screen. Perhaps you didn't catch the one about Spacetime banning by device. Think about a 4G phone. I hear it’s gonna be all the rage.
    Last edited by Arjun; 04-19-2010 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Insert Quote.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Somebody needs a chill pill.

*swaps it for cyanide*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rofl, i cant believe im feeding the troll here but first of all why would they bann me, second that has exactly what to do with my device? Third can you start posting like normal human beings, your posts are decorated with nice words, but your posts' content is childish and mostly make no sense at all (nothing to do with the matter being discussed for example)