Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Should volcano vanity give a bonus with other vanities?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

I took the liberty of answering each one of you questions/comments.. Mins are in bold Hope that clears it up.

Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe View Post
    No, it's a new set...part of another whole...simple as that actually. If that's the case, that's like saying Orlok Helm + Lilith Wand + Orlok Shield + Orlok Plate = Bonus Stat. Actually its nothing like that and this statment is nonsense, Elite set pieces have always come from different campaigns to complete one set It's nice that we'll have another set, which means different bonus...so we'll have two elite sets as far as bonus, because they are two different sets... This again makes no sense due to the fact that elite sets are NOT stashable and really? who needs 2 elite vanity sets on one toonI don't see how this is unclear. People are saying, STS needs to do this for money, if you analyze it from that point of view...that statement is totally incorrect. Its NOT unclear, Just unfair and kind of shady considering that it wasnt announced to be a different set until AFTER people already spent there mony and a vanity in the hopes to complete a set at lvl cap raise See, the new set will take a couple more new maps to complete...that means players will stick around the game just to complete that set compared to if they got a bonus now. The only difference is if the Humania elite vanity has a stacking bonus now, people will "rush" buying elixir, and if there's no bonus now, people will still buy elixir although less frequent but in long-terms maybe a year or two... I am a person that has 3 lvl 66 toons ALL of which have elite vanity and I can tell you that this does far from "motivate" me to even attempt getting a new set considering that my old set is NONSTASHABLE and will just be put to waste for a similiar bonus 3 campaigns later and I KNOW im not the only player that feels this way...Meaning? STS will lose money in the long term... so again the point you were trying to make is null they keep the game active with players aiming for that set, steady income for that duration as opposed to players just murdering the game first few months then going lay low. It's easy to lose interest in something when you already have it. Your frustration will actually turn into anticipation later on. The players that spend tons of money dont quit and lose interest in the game just because they dont have anything to work for.. There are always farming, twinking, leveling, merching, PVP and many other things including friends that keep us here and keep us spending money.. its the feeling like our money has been wasted that drives people away wether they are new or old

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TANKKAAR For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buddyf97 View Post
    It's not given out by the Fallen Prince because he would be embarrassed to wear it.
    LMFAO. Hey it might look good on those captured humania guy! Rmb that funny giant in the closet?

Back to topic. I was too, under the impression that the new vanity hat will give bonus with mt fang armor.
    Though i would say the 66 set for all classes given to us for grinding to 66 has been way generous.
    So, i wont be greedy n asked for more set bonus lol. What would i do without that 66 set? Pink is way too exp now, and i never get the drop lol.
    Last edited by Silverpegasus; 06-21-2012 at 03:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    Yes it HAS TO...I wonder consider it border line scamming if it didn't. People didn't grind 100k exp for no reason.

Edit: Maybe less stats than COP otherwise those with COP will complain but seriously the volcano hat looks ridiculous compared to the COP
    Complete NO, because when we grinded that 83.5k EXP at sewers for the original CoP, we didn't even HAVE a vanity bonus to expect/look forward to.
    All we got, as a surprise, yes even then we were never told we would get awarded an elite vanity when we got to 56, from the developers, was a special cool-looking helm to be proud of and value in the future.
    I'm sure this is what "fair" means to STS.
    Besides, be happy you're even getting a help for grinding all that EXP.
    Because as I said before, the people who spammed to 56 like Thelonearcher didn't know a CoP existed or anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

If not I wouldn't mind some free plat for all the plat I put into 66.
    Ign - Who -- My guess is 1837.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mike1298 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Thanks for "taking liberty", in return, here's my counter arguments:

1. I said "No, it's a new set...part of another whole...simple as that actually. If that's the case, that's like saying Orlok Helm + Lilith Wand + Orlok Shield + Orlok Plate = Bonus
    Stat." You said, "Actually its nothing like that and this statment is nonsense, Elite set pieces have always come from different campaigns to complete one set"

The concept of a piece belonging in an identified whole is what I was pointing to. I'm not referring to how they were acquired, I'm stating a fact that CoP + SoH + MFA =
    SET as how Orlok = SET, and implied how unfeasible Orlok + Lilith =/= SET... real simple, put these items together to get a "bonus" (an indication that it's a set). I agree, it
    is NONSENSE to consider mixing items that belong to different sets.

2. I said: It's nice that we'll have another set, which means different bonus...so we'll have two elite sets as far as bonus, because they are two different sets...
    You said: This again makes no sense due to the fact that elite sets are NOT stashable and really? who needs 2 elite vanity sets on one toon

You arguing with me on a point of FACT? It's a fact that the new elite cap vanity does not stack with previous elite vanities as of the moment and this thread is merely
    attempting to deliberate on that fact. I have all the right to assume, based on current fact, that there will be another set. Regardless of how you think it's absurd, this
    doesn't change that fact. You're barking on the wrong tree, I'm not STS. If this statement was directed to STS, please clarify it.

3. I said: I don't see how this is unclear. People are saying, STS needs to do this for money, if you analyze it from that point of view...that statement is totally incorrect.
    You said: Its NOT unclear, Just unfair and kind of shady considering that it wasnt announced to be a different set until AFTER people already spent there mony and a vanity
    in the hopes to complete a set at lvl cap raise

The part where I said "I don't see how this is unclear" refers to the fact that the new elite vanity belong to a "new" set, which explains why it doesn't stack with the "old"
    set. You feel that it's shady and unfair on the having two different sets? That's what I was referring to when I said "I don't see how this is unclear". You're already ranting
    and not rebutting what I said, I never mentioned anything about being fair and shady or whether the fact that it wasn't announced properly, those are already your
    grievances and you should direct them to STS, not to me, your answers has got nothing to do with what I said. Next point, you speak as if STS announces everything, also,
    your statement is misleading when you said "hopes to complete a set at lvl cap raise", who said anything about not completing them? You will still complete them...we're
    talking about the stack of new elite vanity to old vanity, there was never a question that the "new" vanity will be completed, STS never showed anything to hint that the
    new set will not be completed. You, along with others, just want it now...but obviously, you didn't...that's not the same with non-completion of the set at all.

4. I said: See, the new set will take a couple more new maps to complete...that means players will stick around the game just to complete that set compared to if they got a
    bonus now. The only difference is if the Humania elite vanity has a stacking bonus now, people will "rush" buying elixir, and if there's no bonus now, people will still buy elixir
    although less frequent but in long-terms maybe a year or two...
    You said: I am a person that has 3 lvl 66 toons ALL of which have elite vanity and I can tell you that this does far from "motivate" me to even attempt getting a new set
    considering that my old set is NONSTASHABLE and will just be put to waste for a similiar bonus 3 campaigns later and I KNOW im not the only player that feels this
    way...Meaning? STS will lose money in the long term... so again the point you were trying to make is null

Again, you are using a rant to argue your point on a point of fact that I did not make. Direct your rant to STS, not to me. Just to digest what you said, you said "you have
    3 lvl 66 toons and ALL have elite vanity..." that's awesome, even if you deny that it did not motivate you, fact remains that you have them and you're still
    here, in fact, you were so motivated that you have 3...sometimes, the evidence contradict words. The NONSTASHABLE issue you have has nothing to do with what I'm
    saying...anyway, just to touch on that a little bit, last time I checked, customization is a good thing. I don't want to argue with you on business points, let's just agree to
    disagree...but the thing is, STS thinks your wrong, at least for now.

5. I said: they keep the game active with players aiming for that set, steady income for that duration as opposed to players just murdering the game first few months then
    going lay low. It's easy to lose interest in something when you already have it. Your frustration will actually turn into anticipation later on.
    You said: The players that spend tons of money dont quit and lose interest in the game just because they dont have anything to work for.. There are always farming,
    twinking, leveling, merching, PVP and many other things including friends that keep us here and keep us spending money.. its the feeling like our money has been wasted
    that drives people away wether they are new or old

If you feel that players don't quit because they have nothing to work for (i.e. Elite Vanities as a new set) of this, then why did you even conclude that STS will lose
    money because of it? Are you saying that you're the only one thinking it's a big deal and other players don't? Again misleading statement, your money is not wasted...it will
    only be wasted if you quit...because the fruits of your investment requires time and patience, you wait for new map and form a set. There's a difference between getting
    the bonus now, and getting it later.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zeusabe For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

In before Cool Story bro and TLR, check, again, NO, no bonus stacking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sryyoulose View Post
    Why should people with CoP complain anyways they only had to grind half the Xp (approximately) compared to the 100k

Yes I have never capped... I've been to lazy. However Humania cap may be different! (If vanity gets changed lol...)
    You must remember that during sewers, there were no 4X elixirs/Trasher's to ease the 83k xp. So you can't exactly compare the Sewer grind and the Humania grind.

Just saying, and not taking any sides, so don't stress and live longer.
    Last edited by Xazic; 06-21-2012 at 09:06 AM.
    Xazic -- That random warbird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

LOLOLOL Soooo true... Imagine the Prince with a volcano on his head...

It's not given out by the Fallen Prince because he would be embarrassed to wear it.
    @zeusabe you should be a lawyer :-)

My [biased] answer is NO. I say 'biased' because I have COP/SOH/MFA. so I'd like that to remain a set.

In addition, I like the concept of an entirely new set although I understand why this would be frustrating for some people. STS should have clarified when they advertised the MFA, particularly in recent weeks when they pushed people to xp. Everyone, I suppose, kind of assumed one would get stats with new helm and MFA (+- SOH). Sadly, I do not recall that specific thing being written anywhere.
    Last edited by Pakax; 06-21-2012 at 08:35 AM.
    Pakax | Eclipse GM
    Pakax - 76 Elf | Pakaxx - 71 Eagle | Pakaxxx - 71 Grizzly | ZeroKarma - 71 Zero Death Eagle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xazic View Post
    You must remember that during sewers, there were no 4X elixirs/Trasher's to ease the 64k xp. So you can't exactly compare the Sewer grind and the Humania grind.

Just saying, and not taking any sides, so don't stress and live longer.
    83k, IIRC, and yeah, it was a hell of a lot more hardcore w/o trashers being available (until about the last month of Sewers).
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I fully agree with both.

Now, 100k xp is fairly easy if you can buy the plat. Two guys can run Magic Castle for 20k xp an hour. That's 5 hours to cap @ 71.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunab View Post
    83k, IIRC, and yeah, it was a hell of a lot more hardcore w/o trashers being available (until about the last month of Sewers).
    Pakax | Eclipse GM
    Pakax - 76 Elf | Pakaxx - 71 Eagle | Pakaxxx - 71 Grizzly | ZeroKarma - 71 Zero Death Eagle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunab View Post
    Yeah, 83k what I meant >.<
    Xazic -- That random warbird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pakax View Post
    STS should have clarified when they advertised the MFA, particularly in recent weeks when they pushed people to xp. Everyone, I suppose, kind of assumed one would get stats with new helm and MFA (+- SOH). Sadly, I do not recall that specific thing being written anywhere.
    Exactly my point! Even if it is temporary with my MFA and then has that go away once a new armor comes out. I was under the full impression that the elite vanities were interchangeable. Disappointment to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I know but at the end of the day, nobody actually said they would be interchangeable. I think this is one of these situations in life where people actually understand/assume what they really want to happen but in actual facts, nobody ever said that this would be the case. See what I mean? I understand the disapointment but ultimately, I think this may well be as it was planned, i.e. two separate vanity sets
    which are not interchangeable and people just made the wrong assumptions.
    Pakax | Eclipse GM

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I say no, even though I just received the vanity helm like twenty minutes ago (finally) but I'd rather it be a whole new vanity set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

I own a full persistence set, but I have to say YES, just from imagining how those who grinded to 66 are feeling.
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Even if the bonus is to stay only until another armor is released I am perfectly fine with that! Or even until the shield next cap.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

I will have to say "No, it is part of a whole new vanity set, with a caveat" because STS ~should~ have announced that earlier, so people without any other vanities would know that their fang armor would never make a set, and could plan to spend their plat accordingly. Nothing they can do about it now, but it really is an unfortunate situation.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Yes or no question.
    I say yes. I only have the mount fang armor as of now. I just received the volcano vanity, hoping it would pair with the armor. When I leveled in mount fang I did it with the intention of pairing it with the new helm. If I knew this would not occur, I would not have wasted all my plat and countless hours of my time.

Post your thoughts below!
    -Bud
    I did excatly the same as you.

I vote YES !

The only reason why I lvled into fang to get max cap vanity was to get the vanity bonus from humania...
    I've spent more than 300 plats to get the fang armor, so please STS, do something about that..

Look what you could do :

For Humania, THe Volcano helm bonus works with Fang Armor and Nuri Shield
    For the next cap, The Volcano helm only will work with fang armor, and the new Elite venity shield
    For the after next cap, the Volcano helm will work with the new Armor the new new Shield..

It's only an idea, but it would permit to reward players who reach the 66 Fang cap and who only have 1 Elite armor, which is for now useless.

Cya all
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenrunnn View Post
    I did excatly the same as you.

I vote YES !

The only reason why I lvled into fang to get max cap vanity was to get the vanity bonus from humania...
    I've spent more than 300 plats to get the fang armor, so please STS, do something about that..

Look what you could do :

For Humania, THe Volcano helm bonus works with Fang Armor and Nuri Shield
    For the next cap, The Volcano helm only will work with fang armor, and the new Elite venity shield
    For the after next cap, the Volcano helm will work with the new Armor the new new Shield..

It's only an idea, but it would permit to reward players who reach the 66 Fang cap and who only have 1 Elite armor, which is for now useless.

Cya all
    Thanks! Exactly what I think!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sryyoulose View Post
    Why should people with CoP complain anyways they only had to grind half the Xp (approximately) compared to the 100k

Yes I have never capped... I've been to lazy. However Humania cap may be different! (If vanity gets changed lol...)
    That is wholly inaccurate. Reaching 56 was 84k, and at that time it took much more xp just to get to 55z Factor in that we didn't have x4 elixirs back in the day, it was truly a hard (read: elite) accomplishment.