Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Should volcano vanity give a bonus with other vanities?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I also feel like it is a complete jip that STS pushed and campaigned for everyone to get the Mt Fang Armor before it was gone. Wwll if it doesn't give a bonus with the new helm, then it is useless. What an insult to those who only have the elite armor and nothing to make a bonus with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Sewer grind was simple, run hideout to cats. Just like every other cap it's time consuming. It's no more difficult than any other cap, though it may have taken a bit longer.

Considering I just purchased a lot of platinum for the road to 71 and am just now realizing the new elite vanity isn't part of a set leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'm seriously considering trying for a refund because any platinum used now is really only going to be worth while a year down the road when the next campaign comes out. There is absolutely no point in chasing to 71 right now, and for new players mt fang armor was a complete waste of plat and time as both vanities are useless on their own and even together.

Real shady work here STS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Did you guys grinded for the set bonus and not for a rare in game that'll never be given out again? I guess Samhayne already stated somewhere that there will be new elite sets. It's not STS' fault.
    Did anyone force you to grind for lvl. 66 armor? No, you choose to grind. Lmfao!

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe View Post
    Thanks for "taking liberty", in return, here's my counter arguments:

1. I said "No, it's a new set...part of another whole...simple as that actually. If that's the case, that's like saying Orlok Helm + Lilith Wand + Orlok Shield + Orlok Plate = Bonus
    Stat." You said, "Actually its nothing like that and this statment is nonsense, Elite set pieces have always come from different campaigns to complete one set"

The concept of a piece belonging in an identified whole is what I was pointing to. I'm not referring to how they were acquired, I'm stating a fact that CoP + SoH + MFA =
    SET as how Orlok = SET, and implied how unfeasible Orlok + Lilith =/= SET... real simple, put these items together to get a "bonus" (an indication that it's a set). I agree, it
    is NONSENSE to consider mixing items that belong to different sets.

2. I said: It's nice that we'll have another set, which means different bonus...so we'll have two elite sets as far as bonus, because they are two different sets...
    You said: This again makes no sense due to the fact that elite sets are NOT stashable and really? who needs 2 elite vanity sets on one toon

You arguing with me on a point of FACT? It's a fact that the new elite cap vanity does not stack with previous elite vanities as of the moment and this thread is merely
    attempting to deliberate on that fact. I have all the right to assume, based on current fact, that there will be another set. Regardless of how you think it's absurd, this
    doesn't change that fact. You're barking on the wrong tree, I'm not STS. If this statement was directed to STS, please clarify it.

3. I said: I don't see how this is unclear. People are saying, STS needs to do this for money, if you analyze it from that point of view...that statement is totally incorrect.
    You said: Its NOT unclear, Just unfair and kind of shady considering that it wasnt announced to be a different set until AFTER people already spent there mony and a vanity
    in the hopes to complete a set at lvl cap raise

The part where I said "I don't see how this is unclear" refers to the fact that the new elite vanity belong to a "new" set, which explains why it doesn't stack with the "old"
    set. You feel that it's shady and unfair on the having two different sets? That's what I was referring to when I said "I don't see how this is unclear". You're already ranting
    and not rebutting what I said, I never mentioned anything about being fair and shady or whether the fact that it wasn't announced properly, those are already your
    grievances and you should direct them to STS, not to me, your answers has got nothing to do with what I said. Next point, you speak as if STS announces everything, also,
    your statement is misleading when you said "hopes to complete a set at lvl cap raise", who said anything about not completing them? You will still complete them...we're
    talking about the stack of new elite vanity to old vanity, there was never a question that the "new" vanity will be completed, STS never showed anything to hint that the
    new set will not be completed. You, along with others, just want it now...but obviously, you didn't...that's not the same with non-completion of the set at all.

4. I said: See, the new set will take a couple more new maps to complete...that means players will stick around the game just to complete that set compared to if they got a
    bonus now. The only difference is if the Humania elite vanity has a stacking bonus now, people will "rush" buying elixir, and if there's no bonus now, people will still buy elixir
    although less frequent but in long-terms maybe a year or two...
    You said: I am a person that has 3 lvl 66 toons ALL of which have elite vanity and I can tell you that this does far from "motivate" me to even attempt getting a new set
    considering that my old set is NONSTASHABLE and will just be put to waste for a similiar bonus 3 campaigns later and I KNOW im not the only player that feels this
    way...Meaning? STS will lose money in the long term... so again the point you were trying to make is null

Again, you are using a rant to argue your point on a point of fact that I did not make. Direct your rant to STS, not to me. Just to digest what you said, you said "you have
    3 lvl 66 toons and ALL have elite vanity..." that's awesome, even if you deny that it did not motivate you, fact remains that you have them and you're still
    here, in fact, you were so motivated that you have 3...sometimes, the evidence contradict words. The NONSTASHABLE issue you have has nothing to do with what I'm
    saying...anyway, just to touch on that a little bit, last time I checked, customization is a good thing. I don't want to argue with you on business points, let's just agree to
    disagree...but the thing is, STS thinks your wrong, at least for now.

5. I said: they keep the game active with players aiming for that set, steady income for that duration as opposed to players just murdering the game first few months then
    going lay low. It's easy to lose interest in something when you already have it. Your frustration will actually turn into anticipation later on.
    You said: The players that spend tons of money dont quit and lose interest in the game just because they dont have anything to work for.. There are always farming,
    twinking, leveling, merching, PVP and many other things including friends that keep us here and keep us spending money.. its the feeling like our money has been wasted
    that drives people away wether they are new or old

If you feel that players don't quit because they have nothing to work for (i.e. Elite Vanities as a new set) of this, then why did you even conclude that STS will lose
    money because of it? Are you saying that you're the only one thinking it's a big deal and other players don't? Again misleading statement, your money is not wasted...it will
    only be wasted if you quit...because the fruits of your investment requires time and patience, you wait for new map and form a set. There's a difference between getting
    the bonus now, and getting it later.
    I especially like how you fight the arguments for STS and then shift all the blame back to STS at the end of your argument

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

yes, i leveled to 66 just so I could get a set bonus when the next one piece came out. The armor was the only one I have so i feel like it was a waste of plat to get it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    yes, i leveled to 66 just so I could get a set bonus when the next one piece came out. The armor was the only one I have so i feel like it was a waste of plat to get it.
    Exactly the same.
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenrunnn View Post
    Exactly the same.
    exactly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Default Poll: Should volcano vanity give a bonus with other vanities?

Wait it doesn't give BONUS!? 0.- -.0
    -.-

"...And may the odds be ever in your favor." ~Effie Trinket

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Yes, I can handle it mooching off the old set temporarily until it gets a set of its own.

Maybe devs should make it temporary? Just give a bonus until next campaign, when the shield comes, so it's able to make its own set?
    I say Yes, because STS specifically said "Get to 66 before Humania comes out and the Mount Fang Vanity is Gone!" whats the point in getting to 66 if the vanity is completely USELESS. More or less STS is going across the border in ripping us off. Countless finally got their first Elite Vanity so that they can get a Set bonus in Humania, and many DID NOT EVEN KNOW there's a Mount Fang Elite Vanity. I personally found this out when a 66 came up to me and asked where I got my armor. I was like :0!

The only reason why I grinded to 66, with only 3 4x's and mostly no elixer was so I can have a 2 piece Elite vanity set in Humania.

And I completely agree with him here. Make it temporary. And when the next campaign releases then make the Mount Fang armor useless. But right now many feel like going to 66 was a huge waste of time. Especially the ones that did it without elixirs.

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

[QUOTE=largecommand;684476]

And I completely agree with him here. Make it temporary.QUOTE]

YES! you could do that :

For Humania, THe Volcano helm bonus works with Fang Armor and Nuri Shield.
    For the next cap, The Volcano helm only will work with fang armor, and the new Elite vanity shield
    For the after next cap, the Volcano helm will work with the new Armor the new new Shield..
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

You guys "probably" are thinking extremely biasedly now... (Looks like it)
    STS DID cut the prices of elixirs in half. (Half the price many others paid.)

And they definitely did not mention "Get this for a bonus", it could just be a "Look what i have here, made it to 66 at the elite cap" after a few more caps come. (Meaning it will become rarer/more valuable as the endgame population grows with new people.

Once again, I am DEFINITELY NOT, and I repeat NOT, taking anybody's side so any complaint/flame replies are useless.
    Was just listing the other point of view. Think about it
    Last edited by Xazic; 06-21-2012 at 02:20 PM.
    Xazic -- That random warbird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xazic View Post
    You guys "probably" are thinking extremely biasedly now... (Looks like it)
    STS DID cut the prices of elixirs in half. (Half the price many others paid.)

And they definitely did not mention "Get this for a bonus", it could just be a "Look what i have here, made it to 66 at the elite cap" after a few more caps come. (Meaning it will become rarer/more valuable as the endgame population grows with new people.

Once again, I am DEFINITELY NOT, and I repeat NOT, taking anybody's side so any complaint/flame replies are useless.
    Was just listing the other point of view. Think about it
    Say's the guy with all 3 Elite Vanitys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by largecommand View Post
    Say's the guy with all 3 Elite Vanitys.
    Can you read at all...? I said I am just stating the other side of the discussion, WITHOUT taking sides.

My straight own opinion is that I couldn't care less if there was a bonus or not, but as i read on, it looked liked you guys blamed STS for everything. Not like they tried to "cheat" you guys out of your platinum.
    Last edited by Xazic; 06-21-2012 at 03:50 PM.
    Xazic -- That random warbird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

Yes... But no. Hard to say... Yes so it would go with something... But no because i wud assume this vanity wud go with future vanities.
    Jcyee: 76 PL Bear | 41 AL Warrior | 36 DL Vampire

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

YES! I didn't spend all my time to get 100k xp to 66 and now working to get to 71 just to blank vanities.

And to get to 66 I didn't ever use an elixir above x1.5 or maybe x2 at max (tapjoy), imagine how much time it took.

Also, can elite vanities just have individual stats?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    Complete NO, because when we grinded that 83.5k EXP at sewers for the original CoP, we didn't even HAVE a vanity bonus to expect/look forward to.
    All we got, as a surprise, yes even then we were never told we would get awarded an elite vanity when we got to 56, from the developers, was a special cool-looking helm to be proud of and value in the future.
    I'm sure this is what "fair" means to STS.
    Besides, be happy you're even getting a help for grinding all that EXP.
    Because as I said before, the people who spammed to 56 like Thelonearcher didn't know a CoP existed or anything.
    You can't compare the current era of pl players to the veterans.

A good share of us who joined in late, we paid for plat to obtain the mt fang armor b/c we don't have all that time to grind 1 exp at a time. (some people even did the full 100k exp)

Why did we waste real life money?Why did I waste 90 bucks on plat for a 1 piece vanity? Why did STS have multiple 2x events and half price on thrashers prior to Humania Expansion?

Because WE WERE led to believe that the next piece of vanity would give us a 2 piece vanity bonus.

It's a dirty marketing strat on STS's behalf which I don't approve of in any game. (I've played many and this is how the company can kill a game)

I don't know why you're so against all of this. Maybe you're experiencing the feeling of "I don't want newbies to obtain what I've obtained" aka Greed...

So look at it on the bright side. The new vanity looks hideous... let us new players enjoy the benefit of what we paid, played, and earned for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Definitly a no on this one. Like ive posted in another thread, being able to mix and match two elite sets would be like being able to mix and match other sets like demonic or sewer gear. I can never figure you guys out. First you all rage on a 71 thread about how ugly it is and how you wont even grind to 71 anymore but you still want it to give you a set bonus? If you want all elite vanities to be compatible together what would be the purpose if sts working hard to make a new one each cap instead of just cycling through fang armor cop and nuri shield? "We hear ya folks... art is grinding away on a sparkly new epic helm of awesomeness. Stay tuned!" -Justg
    This helmet will most likely be compatible since their ultimate goal is to satisfy the masses.
    Last edited by OvigorothO; 06-21-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    You can't compare the current era of pl players to the veterans.

A good share of us who joined in late, we paid for plat to obtain the mt fang armor b/c we don't have all that time to grind 1 exp at a time. (some people even did the full 100k exp)

Why did we waste real life money?Why did I waste 90 bucks on plat for a 1 piece vanity? Why did STS have multiple 2x events and half price on thrashers prior to Humania Expansion?

Because WE WERE led to believe that the next piece of vanity would give us a 2 piece vanity bonus.

It's a dirty marketing strat on STS's behalf which I don't approve of in any game. (I've played many and this is how the company can kill a game)

I don't know why you're so against all of this. Maybe you're experiencing the feeling of "I don't want newbies to obtain what I've obtained" aka Greed...

So look at it on the bright side. The new vanity looks hideous... let us new players enjoy the benefit of what we paid, played, and earned for.
    You spent that 90$ because you wanted to. There was no one threatening your life or well being. Sts has never mentioned or promised anything about the humania vanity being compatible with other elite vanities. The only thing the devs openly confirmed was that they were remaking the crown of persistence. That suggests of a NEW vanity set with its own set bonus.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

"So, to reiterate, if you want the Mt. Fang vanity armor reward for getting to level 66 and the associated set bonus that goes along with it and other elite cap vanity items, now would be the time to get it!"
    -Samhayne

No specification. My thoughts: Oh! I need Mt. Fang armor to go with my elite cap vanity next cap!
    This volcano is an elite vanity... Why no set, Sam?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buddyf97 View Post
    "So, to reiterate, if you want the Mt. Fang vanity armor reward for getting to level 66 and the associated set bonus that goes along with it and other elite cap vanity items, now would be the time to get it!"
    -Samhayne

No specification. My thoughts: Oh! I need Mt. Fang armor to go with my elite cap vanity next cap!
    This volcano is an elite vanity... Why no set, Sam?
    Exact quote please. I don't trust memories. I'm pretty sure the stuff in red was never said.

EDIT: JK

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    So, to reiterate, if you want the Mt. Fang vanity armor reward for getting to level 66 and the associated set bonus that goes along with it and other elite cap vanity items, now would be the time to get it!
    Even though he said it, I still don't agree that it should be implemented. Why should a whole new set combine with a whole different set? As said above, it's like putting Demonic and Crafted Fang sets together. Or like putting apples to oranges. It just doesn't fit.
    Last edited by Mothwing; 06-21-2012 at 04:48 PM.