Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Should volcano vanity give a bonus with other vanities?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Default Poll: Should volcano vanity give a bonus with other vanities?

Yes or no question.
    I say yes. I only have the mount fang armor as of now. I just received the volcano vanity, hoping it would pair with the armor. When I leveled in mount fang I did it with the intention of pairing it with the new helm. If I knew this would not occur, I would not have wasted all my plat and countless hours of my time.

Post your thoughts below!
    -Bud

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

No, as it's probably the first piece in a new vanity set. No reason why it should bonus with another set.

Edit: And I don't think it was ever said that the new vanity gear would have any bonus with the old gear. If I'm wrong, though, and the devs did say that, then yeah, it should have the bonus.
    Last edited by McBain; 06-20-2012 at 07:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Erm. No. Sam posted that it's a completely new vanity set. So why should it?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mothwing For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Yes, because many people leveled to 66 for the mt fang armor just for a bonus with the next elite vanity cap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I vote yes it should.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Yes it HAS TO...I wonder consider it border line scamming if it didn't. People didn't grind 100k exp for no reason.

Edit: Maybe less stats than COP otherwise those with COP will complain but seriously the volcano hat looks ridiculous compared to the COP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    Yes it HAS TO...I wonder consider it border line scamming if it didn't. People didn't grind 100k exp for no reason.

Edit: Maybe less stats than COP otherwise those with COP will complain but seriously the volcano hat looks ridiculous compared to the COP
    Complete NO, because when we grinded that 83.5k EXP at sewers for the original CoP, we didn't even HAVE a vanity bonus to expect/look forward to.
    All we got, as a surprise, yes even then we were never told we would get awarded an elite vanity when we got to 56, from the developers, was a special cool-looking helm to be proud of and value in the future.
    I'm sure this is what "fair" means to STS.
    Besides, be happy you're even getting a help for grinding all that EXP.
    Because as I said before, the people who spammed to 56 like Thelonearcher didn't know a CoP existed or anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    Complete NO, because when we grinded that 83.5k EXP at sewers for the original CoP, we didn't even HAVE a vanity bonus to expect/look forward to.
    All we got, as a surprise, yes even then we were never told we would get awarded an elite vanity when we got to 56, from the developers, was a special cool-looking helm to be proud of and value in the future.
    Because as I said before, the people who spammed to 56 like Thelonearcher didn't know a CoP existed or anything.
    You can't compare the current era of pl players to the veterans.

A good share of us who joined in late, we paid for plat to obtain the mt fang armor b/c we don't have all that time to grind 1 exp at a time. (some people even did the full 100k exp)

Why did we waste real life money?Why did I waste 90 bucks on plat for a 1 piece vanity? Why did STS have multiple 2x events and half price on thrashers prior to Humania Expansion?

Because WE WERE led to believe that the next piece of vanity would give us a 2 piece vanity bonus.

It's a dirty marketing strat on STS's behalf which I don't approve of in any game. (I've played many and this is how the company can kill a game)

I don't know why you're so against all of this. Maybe you're experiencing the feeling of "I don't want newbies to obtain what I've obtained" aka Greed...

So look at it on the bright side. The new vanity looks hideous... let us new players enjoy the benefit of what we paid, played, and earned for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    Here we go Whirlz, I told WoundedEagle this and i am going to tell you this. Even when this vanity is "re-made" if it is, we will NEVER compare it too the CoP EVER. That's the most complete vanity sts has made thus far in my eyes. I'm tired of hearing this whining about the new vanity "helm" if you can call it that. If i cap which i assume i will, I'm going to compare my little Volcano helm to your CoP and where going to ask one of the newer pl players which one they think has been playing longer based on the helm. Your saying there should NEVER be another vanity set, meanwhile the game isn't going to end at 66. You and every other PL player knew it.
    It says up top and i quote, "Was a special cool-looking helm to be proud of and value in the future."
    So if i just picked up Pocket Legends and i asked you a question about elite vanities and you told me how to get them and i grinded allll the way to 71 using thrashers and got this awesome elite vanity, your going to tell me well that's not good enough my CoP is much better? If i used legit money to do that don't you think i'm going to love my vanity NO MATTER what you say or what anyone thinks. It's something to be worked for.
    I don't know about you but when i got to 66 i got my first elite vanity i was a little girl in a candy shop. If i worked my butt off, now mind you i spent real money on these two, i would expect a little bonus in there with these 2 ELITEvanities.

In all this i vote YES. Not because i'm coming from my first vanity at 66 and looking forward to the 71 vanity, but because It's only fair to people who haven't been able to access this game as early as you or even me.
    I do however have to agree with Bud. Maybe make it temporary JUST until we get the 76 vanity

Sig made by Arexos! Buying Phantom Bow set pm meh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WarTornBird View Post
    Here we go Whirlz, I told WoundedEagle this and i am going to tell you this. Even when this vanity is "re-made" if it is, we will NEVER compare it too the CoP EVER. That's the most complete vanity sts has made thus far in my eyes. I'm tired of hearing this whining about the new vanity "helm" if you can call it that. If i cap which i assume i will, I'm going to compare my little Volcano helm to your CoP and where going to ask one of the newer pl players which one they think has been playing longer based on the helm. Your saying there should NEVER be another vanity set, meanwhile the game isn't going to end at 66. You and every other PL player knew it.
    It says up top and i quote, "Was a special cool-looking helm to be proud of and value in the future."
    So if i just picked up Pocket Legends and i asked you a question about elite vanities and you told me how to get them and i grinded allll the way to 71 using thrashers and got this awesome elite vanity, your going to tell me well that's not good enough my CoP is much better? If i used legit money to do that don't you think i'm going to love my vanity NO MATTER what you say or what anyone thinks. It's something to be worked for.
    I don't know about you but when i got to 66 i got my first elite vanity i was a little girl in a candy shop. If i worked my butt off, now mind you i spent real money on these two, i would expect a little bonus in there with these 2 ELITEvanities.

In all this i vote YES. Not because i'm coming from my first vanity at 66 and looking forward to the 71 vanity, but because It's only fair to people who haven't been able to access this game as early as you or even me.
    I do however have to agree with Bud. Maybe make it temporary JUST until we get the 76 vanity
    Ran out of rep :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buddyf97 View Post
    Ran out of rep :/
    I take it you understand where im coming from bud

Sig made by Arexos! Buying Phantom Bow set pm meh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

100% yes! The only reason I levelled to 66 in the last update was for the set, and now it was just a waste

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Matutd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree. I thought I might get a set aura with my mount gang armor. But it didn't. I went through 200k exp for nothing...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Yes, because then I have a chance of coming back at 81 for the next armor.

/biased opinion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

My vote is yes. Because many people grinded for the Fang cap to get the armor which would be completely valueless without any other item. I am saying this from the perspective of someone who had a full Persistence set.

I think to make things fair, the bonus should be different than that of a 2-piece persistence set, not necessarily inferior, just different.

The angel set is not sufficient to players who grinder for a vanity set that has stats. it's nice, but it's not enough winback for how people will take this.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ixillicus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Yes, I can handle it mooching off the old set temporarily until it gets a set of its own.

Maybe devs should make it temporary? Just give a bonus until next campaign, when the shield comes, so it's able to make its own set?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Yes, I can handle it mooching off the old set temporarily until it gets a set of its own.

Maybe devs should make it temporary? Just give a bonus until next campaign, when the shield comes, so it's able to make its own set?
    I say Yes, because STS specifically said "Get to 66 before Humania comes out and the Mount Fang Vanity is Gone!" whats the point in getting to 66 if the vanity is completely USELESS. More or less STS is going across the border in ripping us off. Countless finally got their first Elite Vanity so that they can get a Set bonus in Humania, and many DID NOT EVEN KNOW there's a Mount Fang Elite Vanity. I personally found this out when a 66 came up to me and asked where I got my armor. I was like :0!

The only reason why I grinded to 66, with only 3 4x's and mostly no elixer was so I can have a 2 piece Elite vanity set in Humania.

And I completely agree with him here. Make it temporary. And when the next campaign releases then make the Mount Fang armor useless. But right now many feel like going to 66 was a huge waste of time. Especially the ones that did it without elixirs.

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

[QUOTE=largecommand;684476]

And I completely agree with him here. Make it temporary.QUOTE]

YES! you could do that :

For Humania, THe Volcano helm bonus works with Fang Armor and Nuri Shield.
    For the next cap, The Volcano helm only will work with fang armor, and the new Elite vanity shield
    For the after next cap, the Volcano helm will work with the new Armor the new new Shield..
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Yes. The level cap vanities are just a way of earning more money for STS anyways.

STS will lose money if they don't have as many people grinding to the level cap using platinum elixirs, due to the terrible vanity we currently have at lvl 71.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

It's not given out by the Fallen Prince because he would be embarrassed to wear it.
    Last edited by Buddyf97; 06-20-2012 at 11:35 PM.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buddyf97 For This Useful Post: