Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Poll: Should volcano vanity give a bonus with other vanities?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    This argument is pushed out a lot about it being a "free" game. Hate to break it to ya, but it is not. The Devs made this game to make money. period. Nothing wrong with that but that is the business model that has been established. They make it by selling platinum to it's users for in game purchases. Without it, they would not make the game. From there, they clearly pushed the Mt Fang armour recently, and they saw exactly the discussions on the board about the new vanity and how it would make the COP useless. They chose not to clarify this very obvious issue with a simple statement that the new vanity helm does not work with older pieces. It's not simply that they didn't say that it would work, but they let people go on and on about how it would work with the old sets and let people buy up platinum on that misunderstanding.

I love a lot of the new update, but this one issue still smells like a misleading cash grab. That's the impression that comes across for a lot of the long standing players.
    This is getting ridiculous, nobody seems to be reading my posts. I answered most, if not all, of your statements there and I will not repeat myself. Pocket Legends is a free game what are you talking about? They need to earn money in-game, yes that's correct, but the game itself is free. You have two types of business models, Free-to-Play or Pay-to-Play, are you suggesting that Pocket Legends is Pay-to-Play? I hope not. They sell platinum as premium not an essential, they rely on players' "desire for convenience" in-game, but they don't force them down our throats. There is HUGE difference between paying-to-play and paying "in-game-enchancers". If someone went out in public media and accuse STS of the same thing you just said, I guarantee that person would be sued for defamation. I repeat, PL is free-to-play game with in-game purchases, it is a business model used by all free-to-play games. Name me one free-to-play game that has no in-game purchase, smh? Anyway, All of your statements were addressed in my previous posts...ALL...either you totally ignored them, did not read them, or did not understand them. Anyway, I know I'll be enjoying the game, I'm actually trying to explain the other side of the coin, it looks to me that haters of this new development already decided not to even look at the other side. I guess, like Samhayne, I overestimated you.
    Last edited by vampinoy; 06-24-2012 at 09:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vampinoy View Post
    This is getting ridiculous, nobody seems to be reading my posts. I answered most, if not all, of your statements there and I will not repeat myself. Pocket Legends is a free game what are you talking about? They need to earn money in-game, yes that's correct, but the game itself is free. You have two types of business models, Free-to-Play or Pay-to-Play, are you suggesting that Pocket Legends is Pay-to-Play? I hope not. They sell platinum as premium not an essential, they rely on players' "desire for convenience" in-game, but they don't force them down our throats. There is HUGE difference between paying-to-play and paying "in-game-enchancers". If someone went out in public media and accuse STS of the same thing you just said, I guarantee that person would be sued for defamation. I repeat, PL is free-to-play game with in-game purchases, it is a business model used by all free-to-play games. Name me one free-to-play game that has no in-game purchase, smh? Anyway, All of your statements were addressed in my previous posts...ALL...either you totally ignored them, did not read them, or did not understand them. Anyway, I know I'll be enjoying the game, I'm actually trying to explain the other side of the coin, it looks to me that haters of this new development already decided not to even look at the other side. I guess, like Samhayne, I overestimated you.
    Um, Maybe because you're the one who is not seeing the points people are making? First of all, as an actual lawyer, not just someone who throws around guarantees of lawsuits on the internet, it is not defamation. Please read my post again since you missed the point. It is a business model to make money. (as an aside, you asked what games do not have in game purchases, there are tons of java games that are actually free, but rely on in game advertising, etc. to support the dev). As to 'force down our throats', again you missed the point of misleading people by promoting something very hard when people were under the wrong impression as to what they would be getting. The problem comes in that they didn't clarify the point and now people feel cheated, obvious from the threads and replies from people.

Lastly, you say you are playing the game for free but i see your sig lists a Lvl 71 mage. Seriously, i assume you spent platinum on elixirs (meaning you are not playing the game for 'free' as you claim, or you basically have no life since the expansion came out and you got 100k experience the hard way. If so, you should go out and get some sun. he he)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matutd View Post
    Still, it seemed to be implied alot
    Looks like people haven't learned the hard lesson.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    Um, Maybe because you're the one who is not seeing the points people are making? First of all, as an actual lawyer, not just someone who throws around guarantees of lawsuits on the internet, it is not defamation. Please read my post again since you missed the point. It is a business model to make money. (as an aside, you asked what games do not have in game purchases, there are tons of java games that are actually free, but rely on in game advertising, etc. to support the dev). As to 'force down our throats', again you missed the point of misleading people by promoting something very hard when people were under the wrong impression as to what they would be getting. The problem comes in that they didn't clarify the point and now people feel cheated, obvious from the threads and replies from people.

Lastly, you say you are playing the game for free but i see your sig lists a Lvl 71 mage. Seriously, i assume you spent platinum on elixirs (meaning you are not playing the game for 'free' as you claim, or you basically have no life since the expansion came out and you got 100k experience the hard way. If so, you should go out and get some sun. he he)
    I don't see the point of going any further, already off the topic. Just on your last paragraph, yes, I bought Platinum and I've been playing PL a significant time, yet I understand STS and still consider the game free regardless if I bought Platinum (a lot), that's probably the difference between a casual gamer and a seasoned gamer, we know what's black from white. what's not free are the virtual goods...but those are not the game are they...those are stuff that you can opt not to buy anyway. There's a difference between a free game and playing a game and not spend a dime. The game is PL and it's free, period, you download it you don't pay a dime, that doesn't mean I did not spend anything, you can't comprehend? then we can't talk, different level of understanding. If you're truly a lawyer, then you should have the minimum cerebral capacity to understand what I'm saying. For the record, I did hit 71 using elixir (probably between 15th-20th player to hit it), and I don't have to defend my life to a keyboard warrior. I'm not taking that bait.
    Last edited by vampinoy; 06-24-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Vampinoy I appreciate your opinion and, I partially agree with you, but I think you're missing the point.

The statement Sam made could be taken in a number of ways, there was no concise vision on what would be happening. One could infer that out with the old (cop) means it being replaced by the 71 vanity. This would make the cop useless, but nuris shield and fang armor would retain value and become a set with the new helm.

If Sam was hinting towards the new helmet being a completely different set then why wouldn't he clear the air earlier when there was a plethora of Cop threads? Players were concerned over losing the helmet piece of the set and were complaining much like what's happening now.

You've written paragraphs on what you think Sam means, but that means nothing to me until I get an official statement.

I feel at any time there should be 3 active vanities and the newest replaces the oldest, with the oldest getting it's own individual stats. That way if you accumulate them all no piece will ever be useless like we have now.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Drizzid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

At this point, you guys are all pretty much saying the same thing.

1) PL is a free game
    2) hardcore players can spend real life cash in game
    3) comms around usability of new helm were not clair from sts
    4) many people implied from what was said that new helm would provide them with full vanity set stats.
    5) the above was never said officially. Sts pushed for the fang armor and gave dead cheap elixirs. The price advertised was the fang armor (not what people may have thought it would do with new vanity)
    6) officially the new helm is the first piece of a new set
    7) player feel cheated because quite a few of them went for fang armor thinking they would use it coupled with new helm.

Good lessons to be learned either way.

The only thing i don't want is to have to wear the new vanity to complete my COP set! Cop is just soooo much better looking!
    Pakax | Eclipse GM
    Pakax - 76 Elf | Pakaxx - 71 Eagle | Pakaxxx - 71 Grizzly | ZeroKarma - 71 Zero Death Eagle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vampinoy View Post
    In response to the claim that there was never anything mentioned about a "new set" or that there was "no clear position taken by STS": I found this post by Samhayne that basically infers that a new set is upon us, and poetically describes how and why these things will happen:

Attachment 12488

Mothwing was not the first one to say but no less than Samhayne himself. If you read the paragraph carefully, you would deduce that the Crown of Persistence was inferred to as "old" when Samhayne used the phrase "cities rise and fall", he also said the same thing will happen to Nuri's Shield and Mt. Fang Armor...and inferred to as the new vanity helm (being the green helmet) as the new vanity. If you like poetry, like I do, you will know that when you use that popular catchphrase "cities rise and fall" it also connotes that whatever substance is bound within the "old city" is lost forever...within the memories of the people who witnessed it, in this case, the bonus stat of the old vanities will go down with it...that's the direct meaning of it. I don't think Samhayne used this catchphrase for no reason at all, he must have meant something without directly offending people, he was probably talking to our poetic minds and from the looks of it he overestimated us because his message apparently did not go seep in. I am sorry for the people who only have the Mt. Fang Armor, but the reality of having elite vanities is and was never primarily about the bonus (as you can analyze in this post by Samhayne, specifically when he used the term "recognize as old school...")...it's primarily about symbology and bonus secondary, if it was meant to cause power as primary reason, then it would be more prevalent like the Angel Set, but it's not. When Samhayne posted this, he was plainly referring to the "symbology of the elite cap vanity" and implies that being that it's a "symbol of old", it cannot mesh with the "symbol of new" including its culture (in this case the stat bonus). You must see this in this angle for you to move on, otherwise, you will keep on hating. STS is coming from a deeper point of view of the elite vanities (symbology), and if you argue based on something superficial (that of the bonus) then you will not be making a connection, you're coming from two totally different positions, in a debate, that's when you say the cliche "agree to disagree" because you will never come to an agreement. That's all. Hope you guys find your peace, and just play the game.
    The exact quote that I found. I'm just using word clues to guess what it could have been. It seems to be, based on many of Sam's posts, that the new helmet would start a whole new set, and I thought that most of us knew that was true. Guess not...Like i said before, how can there be two helmets in one set? Also said before, it's like combining Demonic with Crafted Fang, it just doesn't work. But that's just my guess. I didn't say any of you had to agree with me, and it seems most of you don't. I myself don't even have one piece, so I don't know how it feels exactly. I would just think it would be more fair to the first-time cappers (with the Humania campaign that is) to get a fair shot at a new set, whereas the people that have capped every single time get an extra bonus with combined vanities? Doesn't fit imo. And I know this will bring up the old argument where you all say "We earned it". But did you really? You bought some in-game currency. Met up with some other plat-buyers, got into an easy run. Multiplied your xp gain by 4. And capped in what, a day? Is that really skillful? The real people that earned it would be the people that lived off daily elixirs, trash can pots, or even no pots at all. That takes skill, time, and patience.

/endrant

This post is in no way a flame, troll, or attack on the people that have capped, because I really do respect you. I don't think I could ever do it myself. I am just trying to imagine what it would (or could) be like for the whole of the community. This thread has gotten way out of hand in my opinion.

I vote no.

EDIT: Stuff in red, is exactly what I thought. Beautiful post my friend.

EDIT 2: And now for my counter-argument:

Quote Originally Posted by Aniey View Post
    Of course yes, they should give bonus. I only have the fang armor. If STS doesnt gives bonus, there are no point for lvl uping for the users that only have 66 armor.
    This is why STS will add a set bonus to the old vanities. Because if they didn't that means losing customers, and we wouldn't want that would we? 100% guaranteed that in the next week Sam will release an announcement saying that a universal set bonus will be added for all those "brave and daring" cappers.
    Last edited by Mothwing; 06-24-2012 at 01:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzid View Post
    Vampinoy I appreciate your opinion and, I partially agree with you, but I think you're missing the point.

The statement Sam made could be taken in a number of ways, there was no concise vision on what would be happening. One could infer that out with the old (cop) means it being replaced by the 71 vanity. This would make the cop useless, but nuris shield and fang armor would retain value and become a set with the new helm.

If Sam was hinting towards the new helmet being a completely different set then why wouldn't he clear the air earlier when there was a plethora of Cop threads? Players were concerned over losing the helmet piece of the set and were complaining much like what's happening now.

You've written paragraphs on what you think Sam means, but that means nothing to me until I get an official statement.

I feel at any time there should be 3 active vanities and the newest replaces the oldest, with the oldest getting it's own individual stats. That way if you accumulate them all no piece will ever be useless like we have now.
    Thank you for at least reading my post, I respect your opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pakax View Post
    At this point, you guys are all pretty much saying the same thing.

1) PL is a free game
    2) hardcore players can spend real life cash in game
    3) comms around usability of new helm were not clair from sts
    4) many people implied from what was said that new helm would provide them with full vanity set stats.
    5) the above was never said officially. Sts pushed for the fang armor and gave dead cheap elixirs. The price advertised was the fang armor (not what people may have thought it would do with new vanity)
    6) officially the new helm is the first piece of a new set
    7) player feel cheated because quite a few of them went for fang armor thinking they would use it coupled with new helm.

Good lessons to be learned either way.

The only thing i don't want is to have to wear the new vanity to complete my COP set! Cop is just soooo much better looking!
    I actually agree on your observations. I may look like I'm all for this no-stat-bonus-thingamajig, but really I'm not...but I can't disagree too, because 1. It's a free game, because of this, I feel that the enjoyment PL has brought me (and still brings) and not require me of paying them, is too huge of a good thing for something like this to even dent. 2. I don't plan on quitting anytime soon, so I know I'll get the whole new set anyway...what's not having bonus now, if I can get it later and enjoy it 'til the game dies. So, call it playing safe, but that's really how I feel. I sympathize with those people who feel cheated, those people who thought otherwise, but I can also see what STS is doing...and together with those 2 reasons, It's very hard for me to disagree with STS.
    Last edited by vampinoy; 06-24-2012 at 02:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Disclaimer I haven't read other peoples post. so this is what my understanding was based upon.

I say yes there should be a bonus for the fact and that it has been reiterated by sam as you collect you get a better bonus and old vanitys will get replaced by new ones. Im not a vanity cap seeker in PL but it would be fair for the people who play and cap and were hoping for a bonus.

Where is the fine print for vanity cap items, there is no text saying that there wont be bonuses, or am I missing something. In SL there isn't a set bonus because the sets arnt completely finished. But set bonus started from CoP and then shield, not 3 pieces.

So I hope as you collect you get a better bonus. I hope that the people that cap get it. Worse case is you might jave to wait for new cap and get that item to see a bonus.
    Last edited by octavos; 06-24-2012 at 02:03 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

It's not even that big of a deal, there's hardly a difference in PVP, maybe a little bonus in PVE, but in the end, why can't we just enjoy the items and forget about the bonus?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree. I thought I might get a set aura with my mount gang armor. But it didn't. I went through 200k exp for nothing...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Nope, It is a whole different set. Vanity or not, really guys? You cant fuse any random pinks to make one crazy set. Thats not how it works. Think about it. Taking some demonic leather, tiki headwear and some other random pink weapon... will that make a set? No. Can you ask for that to change? Yes. Will it happen? No. Same goes with vanity. It just doesnt work that way.
    Be happy you guys got a second chance for a new vanity set! next expansion you guys will be happy!

Take advantage of these new items!
    ~Jugernuget

Jugernuget:Guess: 576

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jugernugetx View Post
    Nope, It is a whole different set. Vanity or not, really guys? You cant fuse any random pinks to make one crazy set. Thats not how it works. Think about it. Taking some demonic leather, tiki headwear and some other random pink weapon... will that make a set? No. Can you ask for that to change? Yes. Will it happen? No. Same goes with vanity. It just doesnt work that way.
    Be happy you guys got a second chance for a new vanity set! next expansion you guys will be happy!

Take advantage of these new items!
    ~Jugernuget
    Where does it say it will be a whole new set? Or is this another assumption?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

ok guys. what was the point to get the 66 armor if you didnt already have an elite cap vanity? and please dont say because it looks cool.
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

My proof...there should be a bonus...this goes to say that my belief was that bonuses should be backwards compatible. and why isnt there one now?!?!
    well you be the judge. Well those that agree and disagree...here is some text to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    One thing to keep in mind is that Mount Fang will increase the level cap. When that happens the current level cap vanity reward (the Shield of Hallows) will go away and a new level cap vanity will be available. There is a set bonus for collecting all of the level cap vanities. If you're interested in collecting a Shield of the Hallows, now is the time!
    and here when it started...so this is how this thread was started... because of how this was understood.
    A new vanity reward will be introduced for those who make it to level 66 that will have a set bonus with the previous elite level cap vanity rewards.
    even in SL, but no news on SL voleria act II

Like Pocket Legends elite vanity rewards, the plan is to introduce new vanity items as a reward for reaching the elite level cap with each expansion. These vanity items will combine to have set bonuses for those who can collect them.
    In conclusion: the fact of the matter, is a SET is all parts equipped, not a specific look of a vanity....this is iffy tho\/\/
    if you want the Mt. Fang vanity armor reward for getting to level 66 and the associated set bonus that goes along with it and other elite cap vanity items, now would be the time to get it!
    Last edited by octavos; 06-25-2012 at 11:43 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

18. The Following User Says Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

i say yes.
    Why? several people asked if it would work with the old and there was no answer.
    yes i made an asumption, it was all i could do without an answer. i based my decision on the only thing i had which was precidence. there had never been an elite vanity that did not work with the others.
    my bad- assumption. theirs-they wouldent clarify.
    its not that big a deal, and i dig the new helm.