Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Still working on it... what else?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post

* Make the joystick moveable up or down with a slider in options

* smaller skills would probably fix this, but make the chat window not overlap the skill buttons

* re-instate walk while chatting. In the past it was possible to walk while chatting. If you didn't lift your finger from the joystick and called up the keyboard, you could still keep moving around. I really miss that feature.

* fix deselecting of items in inventory and CS. Sometimes, when selecting an item in your inventory, it automatically deselect it somehow. Very annoying when trying to clean your inventory.

These are the fixes I could think of from the top of my head.
    I agree w all of these..

Also, skills are too small on iPod and I don't like the skill arrow collapse arrow.

I was finding my skills weren't firing when I hit them but that seems to be fixed, yay!

When I am chatting on iPod and have the person's avatar screen up while I'm chatting w them, the text box kind of overlaps the last thing said in the message box.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

When I hit the home button, then go back to the game, the text at the top dissappears. You can still type on the keyboard and hit send where it normally is, which works fine. I just can't see what I'm typing. On a N1 with TexasICS based on 4.0.4.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Otukura For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

I just don't understand what was wrong with all the original UI.

I mean, think about it, if you guys created a universal UI, only to change them to better suit each device (tablet and phone/ipod) then wouldn't it have made more sense to have just left things as they were, especially since they weren't bad at all in the first place? This is by no means a rant, nerd rage, or hate post, I'm trying to be constructive. It would have made better business sense as well to have just kept the original UI instead of putting time and money into a UI that you're trying to change into the better version of what it was before.

iPad needs:

Smaller skill buttons
    Smaller chat box
    Smaller notifications triangle
    Smaller Ping/map info on the bottom
    Smaller auto attack button
    Smaller menu button at the top left

I bought an iPad so I could utilize the giant screen, but the newest UI updates have been a step backwards. At this rate, it'd make more sense to play on my iPhone than my iPad; at least the UI there is mildly bearable.

Again, this is not a hate/flame post. Best of luck to you STS, please fix these issues.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER View Post
    I just don't understand what was wrong with all the original UI.

I mean, think about it, if you guys created a universal UI, only to change them to better suit each device (tablet and phone/ipod) then wouldn't it have made more sense to have just left things as they were, especially since they weren't bad at all in the first place? This is by no means a rant, nerd rage, or hate post, I'm trying to be constructive. It would have made better business sense as well to have just kept the original UI instead of putting time and money into a UI that you're trying to change into the better version of what it was before.

iPad needs:

Smaller skill buttons
    Smaller chat box
    Smaller notifications triangle
    Smaller Ping/map info on the bottom
    Smaller auto attack button
    Smaller menu button at the top left

I bought an iPad so I could utilize the giant screen, but the newest UI updates have been a step backwards. At this rate, it'd make more sense to play on my iPhone than my iPad; at least the UI there is mildly bearable.

Again, this is not a hate/flame post. Best of luck to you STS, please fix these issues.
    Same thing for the Iphone/Ipod devices, just that everything needs to be BIGGER.

Please put skill and auto attack button back to the original size and the exact original place!
    After two years of playing on the old UI most movements are automatized, I just have to think of a combo and my fingers will do it. Now I keep missing the right skills or hiding my skill map. Gameplay is unenjoyable on these mixed up UIs.
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

On top of Snowpeak Mountain, tweaking stats
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Dunno Fluff... it is already a HUGE amount of stuff on the screen. We can probably do a migrating joystick and have toggles for other things. Anything specific you would like to see?
    If you do a migrating joystick, then that would releave all iPad users from unnatural hand positions and bad controls. Probably all users, because you say the UI is the same for all devices.

Of course the problem of the too big skills is still open, at least on iPads.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

all my maps are locked now, wth?!

Edit:
    Ok, inventory was full, sry...
    Last edited by Bebsi; 06-22-2012 at 04:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Oh yeah, wanted to add this to the list of bugs as well:

Skill respecs do still cost 2 plat.

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    The current plan is to change the cost for respecs to be free for several days so people can experiment.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaunab For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Would it be possible to make the list in ur inventory bigger?
    ATM I just see 4 items and need to scroll down. Better would be 6-10 items.

Ever tried to sell 200-300 items? It takes a century...
    So here's my two cents...
    Why not make the items u wanna sell markable?
    While u farm, u get a lot of trash items, so it would save a lot of time to just scroll through the list and mark the items u wanna sell.
    After that u hit the sell button and there u go. All trash items sold in one go xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phrosts:685061
    This may also be low priority or not even useful to most but I find it useful. In the old client we could hit the menu key via our androids to bring up the avatar page. I really miss this!

-Phrosts
    I keep pressing my settings button on my Android device to pop up my inventory, but lo that feature is gone. Can you please put it in? I hate going through that HUD pause menu.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

When you clear the level the noise of the dance & par-tay emotes are SUPER loud. Was playing last night & finally cleared without having ipod on & it scared the hell out of me.
    Also was leveling my bird & xp was either wrong or nuts...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Urqui; 06-22-2012 at 05:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

The text on peoples "Inspect Page" is still jumbled together. Looks like i have 947 million arena kills.

Achievement Issues

The achievements for clearing all areas of a campaign still won't give credit for some of them. Wyldwood, McCroc, etc.

The achievement under Flair called "Bat Set Crazy" doesn't work. I notice teh description it says a "level 60 crafted chiroptera helm, armor and weapon". Well it would be level 65. So the text needs to be fixed, but I also tried equipping the bats, the bat wing and a crafted set with staff and wand and neither worked. I think this achievement is bugged.
    Last edited by Ixillicus; 06-22-2012 at 06:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Was there any reason that the 100 pots option was removed, on top of making them more expensive? i have seen zero answers to a few times this has been asked, although maybe I missed a response.

Although a unified code may make things easier on your end, it has obviously had some detrimental to gameplay side effects and all the damage control and I assume some late Red Bull-and-HoHos nights for you guys. Is it really worth to "save time" during developing only to have to do major damage control/re-tweaking after launch? Although people resist change naturally, there is a lot more dissatisfaction with UI changes than in past updates over this 'unified' code. Sometimes, "improvement" is "unprovement", and if it ain't broke, don't fix it when your paying customers were thrilled with the current UI.

Not to mention all the games are starting to feel the same, which is not a good thing, in my book at least.

And after running some laps with no elixir, all I have to say about that content is that it is not hard at all from a stra-tegery standpoint...it all comes down to whether some mob gets a ridiculous debuff on you or not, which is too much non-player skill factor, for the most part, although running in a full party and staying tightly-packed together mitigates it somewhat. I expected more after waiting almost 8 months rather than tankandspank bosses requiring zero strategy at this point and mobs that can debuff/one-hit you. Not so creative, mechanics-wise. At least it is not in a grey castle corridor.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 06-22-2012 at 06:17 AM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Moogerfooger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I am not sure whether this has been said but here goes :
    Ability to use Xperia Play up/down, left/right buttons to move. The analogue pads are not used effectively and hence the camera movement pad normally translates to zoom in/out.
    When I am using the Xperia playpad and I touch the screen the actions from the playpad stop working. Please make it so that screen touches do not break the playpad action sequence.

Also, the fix for the trigger buttons please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

CS bugs, i hope that it will be fixed soon
    ICEMANDO - LV66 Bear
    ICEGUGU - LV66 Bird
    ACEMANDO- LV66 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Heal does not work for avians.
    flawless best bird!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

One thing I saw that I haven't seen mentioned is the heal for bear and bird isn't healing. Mage works fine though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

^ just did lol
    flawless best bird!

21.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #78
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Thanks folks, we'll be compiling this into today's patch goals in an hour or so... please keep it up until then.

Seems like major issues are skill button/ text sizes, toggle location, and a host of minor bugs.

We're on it!

- g
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Thanks folks, we'll be compiling this into today's patch goals in an hour or so... please keep it up until then.

Seems like major issues are skill button/ text sizes, toggle location, and a host of minor bugs.

We're on it!

- g
    Are the hats and contest items being added to the loot tables in this patch so they will be in before the mass email, or is that still TBD?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Another minor thing, not sure if bug or intentional:

My ping becomes invisible when I'm spiking, I actually prefered to see how bad it is, so I could decide to wait it out or to restart app.