Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Still working on it... what else?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Are the hats and contest items being added to the loot tables in this patch so they will be in before the mass email, or is that still TBD?
    What mass email?
    flawless best bird!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

The skills are still huge on iPad taking half the screen. Also restore doesn't heal on warriors and avians.
    PL:Xxkoopyxx~Xpertfarmer~Avianftw~Ithepvptwink~ Expertfarmer~Gratuity~Theaviantwink~Bearocalypsed~ Tehmagetwink~Tehbeartwink~Koopymerch+more AL:Thepvptwink~Xxkoopyxx~Ithepvptwink SL: Thepvptwink DL: Thepvptwink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Although a unified code may make things easier on your end, it has obviously had some detrimental to gameplay side effects and all the damage control and I assume some late Red Bull-and-HoHos nights for you guys. Is it really worth to "save time" during developing only to have to do major damage control/re-tweaking after launch? Although people resist change naturally, there is a lot more dissatisfaction with UI changes than in past updates over this 'unified' code. Sometimes, "improvement" is "unprovement", and if it ain't broke, don't fix it when your paying customers were thrilled with the current UI.
    I know it may be painful now, but once the UI kinks are worked out, the devs will be able to focus on new maps and gameplay instead of the nuances of numerous clients.

Another benefit of the unified client is that issues discovered/addressed in one game are replicated throughout all games.

I know it seems like everyone is upset about the new UI, but since when has STS ever NOT listened to user comments. Give them time, keep the constructive feedback coming and all will be addressed.

I know what it is like working in software, and I am certain that they are putting in some insane hours trying to address every issue. Consider that there has now been, what, four patches since release? These aren't the 15 minute patches either. I can only imagine what their current backlog looks like after all the feedback. Nothing like walking into a soul-crushing 700 item long request list every morning after putting in 12-16 hours the day before.

It's only been a couple of days, and their resources are limited. Give them a break and postpone judgement for a couple of weeks. By early next month, I'm sure everyone will be happy again, and we may have a totally customization UI, which is in effect, what everyone is asking for.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Drop rates yo

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RedRyder For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I agree that some of the achievements are bugged. I have completed all maps, and have battled all of the bosses on hidden maps-but it is showing as if I have never completed these maps.

Also, I am not sure what the shopping spree/trendsetter etc achievements are? I believe it is under "flair"? How do we get those achievements all it states is to complete all the trend setter achievements as a descriptor. I don't know if that is a bug per se-but clarification on how to finish the achievements would be great. Most of them do have great descriptions on how to complete them

So far I am really happy with all of the fixes--I am finally able to PLAY without having my droid crash out. I do like Fluff's idea of having a slide so you can adjust the joystick/skills to the size people want as they are playing. I know for me on the ipad--it was always too large for me to easily play (this was pre-update so its just my personal preference). Being able to customize what we see through options would be great--to either opt in with everything on the screen, or pick and choose what we want and at what size would be wonderful.

I am curious if we will be able to craft any items in humania? I noticed the blacksmith and prince were missing from the new town, will they be added in at a later time?

Lastly--THANK YOU SO MUCH for attending to all the bugs as quickly as you guys have--the quest helper and joystick adjustment I noticed in the most recent update is great And I really do like the idea of faster updates

Quote Originally Posted by DexGOD View Post
    Some of the achievements might be bugged. For 'Bat Set Crazy' you're required to wear a L60 Chrioptera set, which I don't think exists. Also, many others and myself haven't been able to complete the 'Wanderer of the Wyldwoods', 'The Bully from the Bayou' and 'Fable of the Feudin' Crocs!' journey achievements even after clearing the possible maps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    Drop rates yo
    Agreed

Thank You Aaroniero Arruruerie!
    Proud Member of Restoration

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Plus fix the ping , i cant see it through my device bfore the update . thnks
    FEEL THE CAT POWER MEOOWWWW!!!~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

It's like Facebook. Whenever something on Facebook changes, everyone freaks out like it's the worst thing in the world, but a month later nobody cares anymore. I guarantee in a month's time, 99% of people won't be complaining about the UI anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Im pretty sure this has been said, but it seems the UI for mobile devices and the iPad are switched. On the iPad, skills and other things are pixelated and low quality, and the joystick is still in the bottom left corner, making it tiring to hold and play.
    However, my iPod has screen proportions similar to the iPad before the update, and skills and text are minuscule.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunab View Post
    Another minor thing, not sure if bug or intentional:

My ping becomes invisible when I'm spiking, I actually prefered to see how bad it is, so I could decide to wait it out or to restart app.
    That is annoying, because at least it told me there was a problem. I was walking through freeze frame land without knowing what was going on because there was no red spiking ping.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Are the hats and contest items being added to the loot tables in this patch so they will be in before the mass email, or is that still TBD?
    I'm wondering the same thing. Some feedback about this would be nice

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    What mass email?
    They are planning an email to send out the code to get the beach antennas and officially invite players to Humania. Essentially, we are in a soft open, which is like a an out of town preview, but in town

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Justg, did you plan something for Xperia Play?
    It 's no more possible to use L and R. We want it optimized!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Was there any reason that the 100 pots option was removed, on top of making them more expensive? i have seen zero answers to a few times this has been asked, although maybe I missed a response.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...44-A-Gold-Sink

:D I think it's a start.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

I dont know if its my connection, but i have been lagging ALOT. and sometimes Ping doesnt show. I couldnt see it in Balefort Castle.
    Bow Down to a Goddess 👑

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    I dont know if its my connection, but i have been lagging ALOT. and sometimes Ping doesnt show. I couldnt see it in Balefort Castle.
    Not only you, even on a stable wired connection I get spikes now. NEVER happened before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax:685534
    I know it may be painful now, but once the UI kinks are worked out, the devs will be able to focus on new maps and gameplay instead of the nuances of numerous clients.

Another benefit of the unified client is that issues discovered/addressed in one game are replicated throughout all games.

I know it seems like everyone is upset about the new UI, but since when has STS ever NOT listened to user comments. Give them time, keep the constructive feedback coming and all will be addressed.

I know what it is like working in software, and I am certain that they are putting in some insane hours trying to address every issue. Consider that there has now been, what, four patches since release? These aren't the 15 minute patches either. I can only imagine what their current backlog looks like after all the feedback. Nothing like walking into a soul-crushing 700 item long request list every morning after putting in 12-16 hours the day before.

It's only been a couple of days, and their resources are limited. Give them a break and postpone judgement for a couple of weeks. By early next month, I'm sure everyone will be happy again, and we may have a totally customization UI, which is in effect, what everyone is asking for.
    Wrong. I coded for one of the biggest banks in the US for a few years and now work at a military research lab, so please leave your 'you know better than me' tone at the door. Many times we tried to coonsolidate code for different variants of software and sometimes it worked well and sometimes not and our clients were dissatisfied. No one is claiming they're not working hard on fixing it; people - paying customers - are annoyed it got broken in the first place for a back-end reason that may make STS' life easier at the expense of POd customers /players.

There is also a little something called QC that would have also staved off some of these problems. One could say it was unnecessarily rushed. This is the buggiest release I've seen and I've seen several in PL.

'Newer' and 'unified' doesn't mean improved, depending on one's view. New Coke sucked, and Coke made it go bye-bye as they listened to their customers.

Your assumption that 'everything will be fine' and 'since when has STS not listened to feedback' made me lolz. If that's your opinion, I will not intrude on your sunshine-and-butterflies world anymore
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

HEY DEVS! HERE COMES THE MAD GIRL GOING TO RANT AGAIN :P . Okay so ,FIX THE LAG SKILL ATTACK ISSUE ,ME N ZERIOUS MENTION AT OTHER POST IF U HAVENT NOTICED ,PLZ FIX THAT! I cant kite in pvp!!!!!! OLD UI PLZ , N ALSO THNKS WOUNDEDEAGLE FOR THE VID THAT SHOULD SUMS IT ALL! FIX THAT WOUNDED POSTED LOL. Thats all just fix that lag skill attack PLEASE DEV !>.< ITS PISS ME OFF ,BLEH I M SIGNING OFF LOL
    FEEL THE CAT POWER MEOOWWWW!!!~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elegants View Post
    HEY DEVS! HERE COMES THE MAD GIRL GOING TO RANT AGAIN :P . Okay so ,FIX THE LAG SKILL ATTACK ISSUE ,ME N ZERIOUS MENTION AT OTHER POST IF U HAVENT NOTICED ,PLZ FIX THAT! I cant kite in pvp!!!!!! OLD UI PLZ , N ALSO THNKS WOUNDEDEAGLE FOR THE VID THAT SHOULD SUMS IT ALL! FIX THAT WOUNDED POSTED LOL. Thats all just fix that lag skill attack PLEASE DEV !>.< ITS PISS ME OFF ,BLEH I M SIGNING OFF LOL
    Is your caps key stuck or Wtf is wrong with your typing?
    Bow Down to a Goddess 👑

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Is your caps key stuck or Wtf is wrong with your typing?
    I thought that was you before I looked at the name.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Otukura For This Useful Post: