Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax:685534
I know it may be painful now, but once the UI kinks are worked out, the devs will be able to focus on new maps and gameplay instead of the nuances of numerous clients.

Another benefit of the unified client is that issues discovered/addressed in one game are replicated throughout all games.

I know it seems like everyone is upset about the new UI, but since when has STS ever NOT listened to user comments. Give them time, keep the constructive feedback coming and all will be addressed.

I know what it is like working in software, and I am certain that they are putting in some insane hours trying to address every issue. Consider that there has now been, what, four patches since release? These aren't the 15 minute patches either. I can only imagine what their current backlog looks like after all the feedback. Nothing like walking into a soul-crushing 700 item long request list every morning after putting in 12-16 hours the day before.

It's only been a couple of days, and their resources are limited. Give them a break and postpone judgement for a couple of weeks. By early next month, I'm sure everyone will be happy again, and we may have a totally customization UI, which is in effect, what everyone is asking for.
Wrong. I coded for one of the biggest banks in the US for a few years and now work at a military research lab, so please leave your 'you know better than me' tone at the door. Many times we tried to coonsolidate code for different variants of software and sometimes it worked well and sometimes not and our clients were dissatisfied. No one is claiming they're not working hard on fixing it; people - paying customers - are annoyed it got broken in the first place for a back-end reason that may make STS' life easier at the expense of POd customers /players.

There is also a little something called QC that would have also staved off some of these problems. One could say it was unnecessarily rushed. This is the buggiest release I've seen and I've seen several in PL.

'Newer' and 'unified' doesn't mean improved, depending on one's view. New Coke sucked, and Coke made it go bye-bye as they listened to their customers.

Your assumption that 'everything will be fine' and 'since when has STS not listened to feedback' made me lolz. If that's your opinion, I will not intrude on your sunshine-and-butterflies world anymore