Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Still working on it... what else?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Thanks folks, we'll be compiling this into today's patch goals in an hour or so... please keep it up until then.

Seems like major issues are skill button/ text sizes, toggle location, and a host of minor bugs.

We're on it!

- g
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Thanks folks, we'll be compiling this into today's patch goals in an hour or so... please keep it up until then.

Seems like major issues are skill button/ text sizes, toggle location, and a host of minor bugs.

We're on it!

- g
    Are the hats and contest items being added to the loot tables in this patch so they will be in before the mass email, or is that still TBD?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Are the hats and contest items being added to the loot tables in this patch so they will be in before the mass email, or is that still TBD?
    What mass email?
    flawless best bird!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    What mass email?
    They are planning an email to send out the code to get the beach antennas and officially invite players to Humania. Essentially, we are in a soft open, which is like a an out of town preview, but in town

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Another minor thing, not sure if bug or intentional:

My ping becomes invisible when I'm spiking, I actually prefered to see how bad it is, so I could decide to wait it out or to restart app.
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunab View Post
    Another minor thing, not sure if bug or intentional:

My ping becomes invisible when I'm spiking, I actually prefered to see how bad it is, so I could decide to wait it out or to restart app.
    That is annoying, because at least it told me there was a problem. I was walking through freeze frame land without knowing what was going on because there was no red spiking ping.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

The skills are still huge on iPad taking half the screen. Also restore doesn't heal on warriors and avians.
    PL:Xxkoopyxx~Xpertfarmer~Avianftw~Ithepvptwink~ Expertfarmer~Gratuity~Theaviantwink~Bearocalypsed~ Tehmagetwink~Tehbeartwink~Koopymerch+more AL:Thepvptwink~Xxkoopyxx~Ithepvptwink SL: Thepvptwink DL: Thepvptwink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Drop rates yo

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RedRyder For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    Drop rates yo
    Agreed

Thank You Aaroniero Arruruerie!
    Proud Member of Restoration

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Plus fix the ping , i cant see it through my device bfore the update . thnks
    FEEL THE CAT POWER MEOOWWWW!!!~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

It's like Facebook. Whenever something on Facebook changes, everyone freaks out like it's the worst thing in the world, but a month later nobody cares anymore. I guarantee in a month's time, 99% of people won't be complaining about the UI anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Im pretty sure this has been said, but it seems the UI for mobile devices and the iPad are switched. On the iPad, skills and other things are pixelated and low quality, and the joystick is still in the bottom left corner, making it tiring to hold and play.
    However, my iPod has screen proportions similar to the iPad before the update, and skills and text are minuscule.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing. Some feedback about this would be nice

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Justg, did you plan something for Xperia Play?
    It 's no more possible to use L and R. We want it optimized!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

I dont know if its my connection, but i have been lagging ALOT. and sometimes Ping doesnt show. I couldnt see it in Balefort Castle.
    Bow Down to a Goddess 👑

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    I dont know if its my connection, but i have been lagging ALOT. and sometimes Ping doesnt show. I couldnt see it in Balefort Castle.
    Not only you, even on a stable wired connection I get spikes now. NEVER happened before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax:685534
    I know it may be painful now, but once the UI kinks are worked out, the devs will be able to focus on new maps and gameplay instead of the nuances of numerous clients.

Another benefit of the unified client is that issues discovered/addressed in one game are replicated throughout all games.

I know it seems like everyone is upset about the new UI, but since when has STS ever NOT listened to user comments. Give them time, keep the constructive feedback coming and all will be addressed.

I know what it is like working in software, and I am certain that they are putting in some insane hours trying to address every issue. Consider that there has now been, what, four patches since release? These aren't the 15 minute patches either. I can only imagine what their current backlog looks like after all the feedback. Nothing like walking into a soul-crushing 700 item long request list every morning after putting in 12-16 hours the day before.

It's only been a couple of days, and their resources are limited. Give them a break and postpone judgement for a couple of weeks. By early next month, I'm sure everyone will be happy again, and we may have a totally customization UI, which is in effect, what everyone is asking for.
    Wrong. I coded for one of the biggest banks in the US for a few years and now work at a military research lab, so please leave your 'you know better than me' tone at the door. Many times we tried to coonsolidate code for different variants of software and sometimes it worked well and sometimes not and our clients were dissatisfied. No one is claiming they're not working hard on fixing it; people - paying customers - are annoyed it got broken in the first place for a back-end reason that may make STS' life easier at the expense of POd customers /players.

There is also a little something called QC that would have also staved off some of these problems. One could say it was unnecessarily rushed. This is the buggiest release I've seen and I've seen several in PL.

'Newer' and 'unified' doesn't mean improved, depending on one's view. New Coke sucked, and Coke made it go bye-bye as they listened to their customers.

Your assumption that 'everything will be fine' and 'since when has STS not listened to feedback' made me lolz. If that's your opinion, I will not intrude on your sunshine-and-butterflies world anymore
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Wrong. I coded for one of the biggest banks in the US for a few years and now work at a military research lab, so please leave your 'you know better than me' tone at the door. Many times we tried to coonsolidate code for different variants of software and sometimes it worked well and sometimes not and our clients were dissatisfied. No one is claiming they're not working hard on fixing it; people - paying customers - are annoyed it got broken in the first place for a back-end reason that may make STS' life easier at the expense of POd customers /players.

There is also a little something called QC that would have also staved off some of these problems. One could say it was unnecessarily rushed. This is the buggiest release I've seen and I've seen several in PL.

'Newer' and 'unified' doesn't mean improved, depending on one's view. New Coke sucked, and Coke made it go bye-bye as they listened to their customers.

Your assumption that 'everything will be fine' and 'since when has STS not listened to feedback' made me lolz. If that's your opinion, I will not intrude on your sunshine-and-butterflies world anymore

So are you seriously trying to say that your code is always bug free, that every feature you design is universally loved and every software application you've written has 100% customer satisfaction.

So when you consolidated code, and the clients weren't happy, what did you do....fixed it obviously. It doesn't mean that you didn't attempt to consolidate the code in the first place...that's just good coding practice. Frankly, for being on the inside of code development, you've got a surprisingly combative stance. Remember that this release has been out for only a couple of days.

Could the QC have been better - obviously. But they are equally resource constrained. The same people who are complaining the loudest are also the ones who were complaining that it has been months since the last release. You can't have it both ways.

I never said 'newer' and 'unified' means improved...it means easier to maintain. Lay off the hyperbole, this isn't a soft drink, nor an application to operate a nuclear reactor, it is a game.

As it stands, the steady patches have already addressed some of the major issues. I don't think that the folks will be patting themselves on the back and calling this a finished job just yet. There will be more to come over the next few days.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

HEY DEVS! HERE COMES THE MAD GIRL GOING TO RANT AGAIN :P . Okay so ,FIX THE LAG SKILL ATTACK ISSUE ,ME N ZERIOUS MENTION AT OTHER POST IF U HAVENT NOTICED ,PLZ FIX THAT! I cant kite in pvp!!!!!! OLD UI PLZ , N ALSO THNKS WOUNDEDEAGLE FOR THE VID THAT SHOULD SUMS IT ALL! FIX THAT WOUNDED POSTED LOL. Thats all just fix that lag skill attack PLEASE DEV !>.< ITS PISS ME OFF ,BLEH I M SIGNING OFF LOL
    FEEL THE CAT POWER MEOOWWWW!!!~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elegants View Post
    HEY DEVS! HERE COMES THE MAD GIRL GOING TO RANT AGAIN :P . Okay so ,FIX THE LAG SKILL ATTACK ISSUE ,ME N ZERIOUS MENTION AT OTHER POST IF U HAVENT NOTICED ,PLZ FIX THAT! I cant kite in pvp!!!!!! OLD UI PLZ , N ALSO THNKS WOUNDEDEAGLE FOR THE VID THAT SHOULD SUMS IT ALL! FIX THAT WOUNDED POSTED LOL. Thats all just fix that lag skill attack PLEASE DEV !>.< ITS PISS ME OFF ,BLEH I M SIGNING OFF LOL
    Is your caps key stuck or Wtf is wrong with your typing?
    Bow Down to a Goddess 👑