Thread: Simple list of PvP/Ctf suggestions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Default Simple list of PvP/Ctf suggestions.

So, I've recently been pvping more since I last took my break (almost all of fang lol). There's always room for improvement in PvP, since a large part of the community plays it even though it's not the main gameplay of the game. I've thought of a few things (some of which may have been suggested, some may have not) that could be added, they're small, but could make PvP much richer. Some are more controversial than others, but here's the list:

1) Knowing there the flag is.

In some other games that have Ctf (N.O.V.A. for example), once your flag is captured, you know where it is. It's not much of a problem in condensed maps like Rockwall Forts, however in places like Castle Keepaway, it gets old saying "Left", "Right", or just not knowing where to go. It kills part of the strategy IMO, and becomes more of a guessing game.

How about having a little icon (a dot maybe, like the one that shows you where you teammates are), to show where the flag runner is headed? It would really make things more intense seeing your teams flag slowly going towards the opponents base for the score, and would stop all the "Left at base!" spamming. It's becomes a hassle having to type it every time.

Example:

(Note the red box towards the top right hand corner)

2) Fixing spawn killing

Almost everyone is a victim of spawn killing, and/or has spawn killed people in the past. I am free to admit both have happened with me. The only fighting that goes on in the spawn room is really just spawn killing, so this won't effect regular combat in Ctf.

So, how about once you spawn, you have 3-5 seconds where no damage can be dealt to you. 3-5 seconds is more than enough time to buff up to prevent being spawn killed. To prevent it from effecting actual game play, maybe have it so once you leave the spawn room, your invincibility wears off, rendering you capable of taking damage.

3) Level indicator for opponents

Regardless of the reason, it's nice to know your enemies levels. I don't wanna get into whether or not level really makes a difference, but it's nice to know. It's great having the tab with the list of enemies, but maybe just have their level in parenthesis (like when they're on your team) right next to it? It wouldn't take up too much room (1-2 digits after all).

Example:

(Note: The levels of these players are probably wrong, lol)

4) Team messages in a different color

As you may know, if you type /team before a message, only the players on your team can view it. This command enables you to give your team instructions on what strategy, or tactic to use. It's especially useful in Ctf, and can really come in handy. However, your team doesn't know if the message is typed in team chat or not, and they generally reply in normal chat, thus making your instructions useless. People usually use guild chat since it's easier, however you're not always on a team with all guildies. If team chat was a different color, I think it'd be taken advantage of more, and it'd get more use out of it. It shouldn't be something too distracting, like pink or neon green lol, but maybe it can match your team colors (blue and red) to correspond with what team you're on?

Just a few suggestions, all constructive feedback is appreciated.

-Myst

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

I totally agree with 3 of your 4 ideas

2) The spawn killing is TOTALLY awful ! Many players boost this way, or kill innocent players! As I had already proposed, they should make like an invisible wall for opposite team which would compel players to enter in other team's spawning room in ctf.

3)This would be a good idea ^^! It would avoid the non stop "lvl?" questions.

4) I had proposed that a lonnngg time ago.. No replies tho..

However, I don't agree with your 1st idea; Indeed, It would kill all the strategy of sneaking flags, and team coordination.
    When you get some experience, you finish to know where the flag could be, and it permits you to become a really good team mate. So I don't agree with this idea :]

In another hand, I have some more ideas too :] !

• An ingame button that you could click on, and would show actual kils/deaths/goals of the current game
    • At the end, showing kills And Deaths of the map
    • A CTF Leaderboard, goals, kills deaths
    • A new Humania PvP or CTF room (3-3 and/or 5-5), where there could be a bath which regenerate HP and MANA such as the one in Oasis town.
    • As I had proposed a long time ago, a training room for pvp seems to my eyes really important and needed.. For more infos about it, if youmay have a look there : http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=training+room
    • Many persons wanted a Spectator mode (here is a link for more infos about it http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...spectator+mode)
    • This idea may be refused by everyone, but items drop for PvPers in pvp and CTF to reward the best players and/or gold per kill (like 1kill=5golds); indeed, why pvp and ctf players won't be able to make money from ctf and pvp ? Afterall, PvP and CTF are another game mode, nearly same as PVe, so I think it will be a really good idea (this is a personnal idea, I think everybody's gonna disagree with it lol)

Here it is Have a good day everyone ^^!
    Last edited by Chickenrunnn; 06-24-2012 at 12:50 PM.
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

1st suggestion is a more controversial one. I have experience in CTF, and regardless of how much experience you have, it's a guessing game in maps like Castle Keep Away. It's one side, or the other. It doesn't take much more skill to either guess, or have someone say "left" or "right". Only thing it would really do is prevent the need for people to stop mid-game to type which side they're on. Besides, it'd only show when they pick up the flag, it wouldn't show where the player(s) is/are prior to that.

As for number 4, I realize it's been suggested quite a bit, but I thought I'd bring the suggestion back up since it's yet to be implemented. It's been suggested since the day /team was added, so I'm a bit surprised it isn't in game yet