Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pink drop rate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I think my luck ran out in the sewers...hasn't been the same since. I guess you can't be lucky all the time. It just feels like we have to work harder & harder tho. I can't tell the difference if the drop rate has increased at all. The devs say they updated it but how can we tell? It's been the same since Nuri's dried up...Mt.Fang & now Humania. Not to mention Dragon drops...I haven't seen any of those & I don't see to many players running around with those on. Especially the Blue & Red sets, in fact I haven't seen anyone wearing a blue.
    All the luck stuff does nothing at all. It's just decoration & I miss those days where the first couple days of a new campaign it would be dropping everything but the kitchen sink. Those days are gone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    To be honest, gear is priced too high. I have never understood why individuals feel the need to hoard all that gold and deprive otbers of the joy of the game. It use to not bother me as much, but after quitting, I gave all my stuff away and had to start from scratch when I came back. I have a new appreciation for new players who have a hard time earning gold. A lot of veterans hve forgotten how much of a struggle it was when they began. I know I did.

As long as the drop rates remain this low, the rich will only get richer. Something should be done, but sadly, it won't.
    Well yeah the prices are high. If someone gets lucky enough they will be able to sell and be rich! Jump on aboard the gold train!

There will not be any point of farming if drops were so low because 1 reason is that I can just buy everything cheap in cs and basically I'm done.

Of course everyone will have a different opinion on this topic but my reason stands that having low drop rates is good. I'm sure if you got a 1mil+ pink you wouldn't be complaining (:
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

I agree with Crimson. I remember when players actually thought more of other players instead of just striving for personal wealth. I'd give out lots of the things I find to other players at the lvl 50 cap.
    (Alien Oasis drop rates are fine. The set pinks are rare. The "junk" pinks are encouraging drops and the other purple and green are actually useful. I do favor the AO2 drop rate a tad bit more)
    No wonder the SL beta was great. Everyone was helping other people.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

You can't help someone without helping yourself first.

Look at Hunzzz and evolt. They made their personal wealth and gave back to the community.

Why dont you guys give sets to everyone if you miss the good old days? Why be like everyone else and not give away stuff, do what you think is right. After all those giving away days in sewer had to start from just one person then spread (:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Its always rewarding to help others, I try to when I can. Especially noobs who are really happy when you give them a pink that they could use or maybe some gold so they can buy some 1.5 elixirs to level up. They are blown away when they get stuff that is unexpected. Of course it's hard to tell who needs a lil help & not some con-artist beggar who's greedy just like in RL

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun:688631
    (Alien Oasis drop rates are fine. The set pinks are rare. The "junk" pinks are encouraging drops and the other purple and green are actually useful. I do favor the AO2 drop rate a tad bit more)
    I agree with this. I think the main issue is that the oranges and greens have become junk, and purples have disappeared. No purples means no re rolls into pinks. To add to that, the low end pinks (no set bonus) rate has decreased. Now the only thing people strive for is the top set.

I personally would like to see them bring back the purples, and make the pink rate like sewers. I only had a few end game set pieces drop to me there, and still never felt gypped. Even AOs end set rate was good. I don't like the other pinks drop rate. I can run AO and end up with 3 Sunblessed Bows, and 5 Plasma Battleswords.

Ultimately, I think they should go back and adjust all the rates to make them the same for all stages of the game.
    Zheobird Level 71 Full Dex
    Zheomage Level 71 Full Int
    ZheobearLevel 71 Dual Dex

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Notyocookiez View Post
    Well yeah the prices are high. If someone gets lucky enough they will be able to sell and be rich! Jump on aboard the gold train!

There will not be any point of farming if drops were so low because 1 reason is that I can just buy everything cheap in cs and basically I'm done.

Of course everyone will have a different opinion on this topic but my reason stands that having low drop rates is good. I'm sure if you got a 1mil+ pink you wouldn't be complaining (:
    I never said how much gold I have now. I said the drop rates are beyond ridiculous. Trust me, I have had my fair share of "legendary" drops, made my "millions", and I think it is still outrageous. Remember, some of us have been around long enough to know better. As Z and Cahaun stated, even AO2 was acceptable.

Another thing is knowing the difference between complaining and stating fact. You also have to understand that not everyone has the luxury of waking up and spending all day on PL, 7 days a week.

When only 10 legendary items from Humania are listed after 5 day of leveling and farming: Drop rate is too low.

EDIT: I just noticed all the "bridging the gap" quotes. If youvwanna talk statistics and percentages, we can. Say there are 10,000 players at endgame. (Probably more, people forget that maybe only 10-20% of PL use forums... and that might be generous.) If the drop rate is 1% (and that's being generous also), and everyone did 100 runs, theoretically, you shpuld get a drop every 100 runs. However, just because that is what the statistics say, doesn't mean that is how the statisitics work. You may only have 10 people get a drop: 10 out of 10,000 is .001. You could do 100 more runs and you may get another 10 drops; they could drop to 10 different people or they may drop to the exact same 10. Sound like a good way to make gold to you?

Also, just as in real life, those who get lucky with a quick buck, usually spend that quick buck. It happens in PL all the time. Someone may get a leather but need a robe. They had 200-300k, sold the leather for 5 mil and buy the robe for 5 mil. Back to 200-300k. I assure you that the rich in RL and PL do NOT spend their wealth in this manner.

People have had "millions" since the early days. The same early days that had high pink drop rates. Raising the drop rates will not hurt the PL economy because more people will farm and sell on a regular basis instead of waiting for that "one" drop and stopping for a few weeks (which is what happens.) One of the greatest farmers in the game doesn't play as much anymore because there is no "thrill of the hunt" when the hunt is vacant. (And I can assure you he is one of the richest players in PL.)

Drop rates need increasing.
    Last edited by CrimsonTider; 06-25-2012 at 07:39 AM.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    I never said how much gold I have now. I said the drop rates are beyond ridiculous. Trust me, I have had my fair share of "legendary" drops, made my "millions", and I think it is still outrageous. Remember, some of us have been around long enough to know better. As Z and Cahaun stated, even AO2 was acceptable.

Another thing is knowing the difference between complaining and stating fact. You also have to understand that not everyone has the luxury of waking up and spending all day on PL, 7 days a week.

When only 10 legendary items from Humania are listed after 5 day of leveling and farming: Drop rate is too low.S
    Hmm lol I mean complaining about that drop

Not everyone has the luxury of plat also. Still doesn't mean it's not fair!

I agree drop rates are low but I don't agree on making them like alien oasis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I am sort of a new player. Been almost 2 years playing.
    I got my first good pink drop in crypt when edward dropped a l65 lilith wand. The trill and excitement at the time of drop, I am sad to say, will probably not be experienced by the wider masses.
    With Fang the drop was achievable or buyable. In CS I see the stuff priced extremely high and think well that's me done. All us noobs look for cheaper alternatives, but in humania there are no cheaper alternatives with decent stats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

What I don't understand is why everything has to be black or white why cant it be gray.
    I didn't say the drop rate has to go the alien oasis way but make it better than almost non existent.
    Instead of .5 percent of the time or 1 make it 5 percent.
    People are not being greedy people a charging prices because of availability, if I won a helm you can guarantee I'd ask for a minimum of 5,000,000 Ive never even seen one drop.
    last time we complained in Nuri 2 days it was pink city and we complained again and.
    they changed it back to nothing.
    The discussion is not do these pinks drop,Yes they do but as of now the frequency is beyond rare and infrequent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I've never really had good luck with drops.

The best I've looted value wise was:

1. XBow in Nuri when it was selling for about 3M. But I kept it and crafted it.
    2. Red Dragon armor. Which I kept.

For the most part, I've earned all my gold farming the lesser drops. Like McBain said, the high priced gear is only really affecting buyers. With the high prices it is possible for someone relatively new to earn a lot of money in a short period of time. And I'm sure that in due time everyone will have their new sets and prices will stabilize. I hope everyone realizes that Humania was only released a week ago. In case you don't remember, when every new campaign first comes out the cost of the gear is ridiculous. If you are impatient, you will pay the high prices. If you wait, you'll get a much better deal.

So for those that are complaining already (1 week in), you should expect to pay an absurd amount for the brand new gear. That's the way it is and the way its been since AOx.

EDIT: Actually, my wish is that it was just consistent. The drop rate for each campaign should be the same. I'm not sure how different this campaign is from Nuri or Fang (i haven't had as much time as others). But I do remember in BS, I went an entire month without getting a pink drop.
    Last edited by Rare; 06-25-2012 at 09:31 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

i leveled over 10 hours in humania and i only SAW one pink not even got one...
    Daantjeh LVL 71 Bird | MageProdigy LVL 66 Mage | Prototypee LVL 65 Bear | Weapon Proc+Skill Combo's Guide | Guide When to use which emote! | All in one Guide for the Best PvE Ratio (Archer) |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

STS want ppl to farm and spend plat for elixiers. If pinks drops like in AO, then everyone would have all sets within a few days. Since Humania will be the dungeon for the next half year, keeping drop rates low like this will increase the overa plat spend for elixiers.
    The drop rate of Fang and Nuri was ok IMO, i got plenty pinks, but had to run a lot too.
    This time u can bring 1 char to 71 without get a drop.. thats simply to low. Personally i dont want to run 5h a day over and over, for several months, the humania maps... to have a little chance to get the pinks...
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

ya havent seen alot of pinks drop. GO ELITE!

Rauekat-lvl 71 bird, Rauekit-lvl 68 bear, Rauekot-lvl 43 mage, Rauekatjr lvl 15 bird! Proud recruiter of "The Elite"! Soon to be officer I hope!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

They just increased the pink drop rate in an earlier patch but still... Pinks are very rare and pricy so they shouldn't be dropping very often. It would just make the market crash down to 30k humania pinks...lol
    PL:Xxkoopyxx~Xpertfarmer~Avianftw~Ithepvptwink~ Expertfarmer~Gratuity~Theaviantwink~Bearocalypsed~ Tehmagetwink~Tehbeartwink~Koopymerch+more AL:Thepvptwink~Xxkoopyxx~Ithepvptwink SL: Thepvptwink DL: Thepvptwink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

I've done about 50+ runs and haven't even seen a pink drop let alone get one myself

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The first time I ran nuri and I get pink but now no

thejokerlol level 71 bear l guild eclipse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    I've never really had good luck with drops.

The best I've looted value wise was:

1. XBow in Nuri when it was selling for about 3M. But I kept it and crafted it.
    2. Red Dragon armor. Which I kept.

For the most part, I've earned all my gold farming the lesser drops. Like McBain said, the high priced gear is only really affecting buyers. With the high prices it is possible for someone relatively new to earn a lot of money in a short period of time. And I'm sure that in due time everyone will have their new sets and prices will stabilize. I hope everyone realizes that Humania was only released a week ago. In case you don't remember, when every new campaign first comes out the cost of the gear is ridiculous. If you are impatient, you will pay the high prices. If you wait, you'll get a much better deal.

So for those that are complaining already (1 week in), you should expect to pay an absurd amount for the brand new gear. That's the way it is and the way its been since AOx.

EDIT: Actually, my wish is that it was just consistent. The drop rate for each campaign should be the same. I'm not sure how different this campaign is from Nuri or Fang (i haven't had as much time as others). But I do remember in BS, I went an entire month without getting a pink drop.
    Thanks for sharing that...I like hearing about peoples experiences playing the game & what kind of drops/luck they've had. I had pretty good luck in the Sewers with Goldfever dropping me Mega mage robes or Bandit King/Queen dropping a bracer here or there. I remember running Trash heap a lot, looking for Raid Roach recurves with a lot of people..I remember seeing a pink Raid roach drop flash for a second on screen thinking it was a recurve but it was an auto-bow lmao!

Now all the drop rates are so fricking low...It started with Nuris being nerfed & then the Dragon armor sets being introduced. I haven't seen any drop, I agree with ppl that it being really rare does make it valuable & special. The only luck I had with anything to do with dragons was that I dropped Mitas on the 1st try buying the dragon packs...I got to say that I was fortunate with that because I heard horror stories about some players having the worst luck with that too @500 platinum per try!
    What boss in Mt Fang did you drop that Red dragon armor at? Love to hear some details...I wanna eventually get that set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

What I'm curious about is I know they read these forums but they have yet to address this issue.
    It's either a yes,no or a maybe but I know the majority and that would be the customer wants to drop rate increased.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by modredd View Post
    What I'm curious about is I know they read these forums but they have yet to address this issue.
    It's either a yes,no or a maybe but I know the majority and that would be the customer wants to drop rate increased.
    the campaign is new. People are already frustrated with drop rates and coming away runs empty handed. Vanity Helm doesn't work with old pieces. Sounds like a recipe for players simply getting bored and customers moving on to other games.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Chopper For This Useful Post: