Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pink drop rate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Thumbs down Pink drop rate.

This is the third or fourth post for this issue in the latest campaign but it has yet to be addressed by the developers.
    My guild has over 1500 members and I think we might have won less then 20 pinks over the weekend and there needs to be an increase.
    What is Spacetime studios going to do to appease the masses so the people that have pinks won't complain that they think the drop rate is fine so they can make money and people such as myself don't have to spend eight million dollars on something.
    It's really frustrating and it is really ruining my gaming experience!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to modredd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

I got a pink today while not on a thrasher (:
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Default Pink drop rate.

You told me Notyo! hahaha, it don't worry about the drop rate, makes it more of a challenge right?!

PL: Faoeskekie L76 Enchantress(0.5k/300k), Faouskekie L71 Bird, Faoiskekie L45 Bear, Tvrtle L50 Fox, Rhinasaurus L38 Rhino

SL: Bizilia L45 Engineer, DL: Faoeskekie L36 Vampire, AL: Faoeskekie L20 Mage

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fao For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I agree that drop rates suck...

But... they do drop

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

I wish they had another drop rate like in Alien Oasis maps and Skeller Krunch!

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Friday I had posted the rate was good because i saw a pink drop after 20 runs. Since then it has been over a 100 without a sighting so perhaps it might not be as healthy as I thought.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

They are trying to make PL like SL I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmingstar View Post
    I wish they had another drop rate like in Alien Oasis maps and Skeller Krunch!
    Then all pinks would be worth less ),:
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Notyocookiez View Post
    Then all pinks would be worth less ),:
    To be honest, gear is priced too high. I have never understood why individuals feel the need to hoard all that gold and deprive otbers of the joy of the game. It use to not bother me as much, but after quitting, I gave all my stuff away and had to start from scratch when I came back. I have a new appreciation for new players who have a hard time earning gold. A lot of veterans hve forgotten how much of a struggle it was when they began. I know I did.

As long as the drop rates remain this low, the rich will only get richer. Something should be done, but sadly, it won't.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    To be honest, gear is priced too high. I have never understood why individuals feel the need to hoard all that gold and deprive otbers of the joy of the game. It use to not bother me as much, but after quitting, I gave all my stuff away and had to start from scratch when I came back. I have a new appreciation for new players who have a hard time earning gold. A lot of veterans hve forgotten how much of a struggle it was when they began. I know I did.

As long as the drop rates remain this low, the rich will only get richer. Something should be done, but sadly, it won't.
    I wonder how expensive they will become if they can be crafted later on...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

The catch is, if they increase the drop rates too much, then nobody makes money. I personally don't have any problem with how it is now.

And yes, it has been addressed by developers. They adjusted the drop rate on helms in the latest patch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Personally I think pinks drop too often in other areas of the game, I'm not high enough for humania so cant really comment there.
    But, a "pink" is supposedly a "legendary" item. This means, IMO that it should be extremely difficult to get.
    If they just dropped all the time it would be boring, and everyone would have great weapons.

Just my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    The catch is, if they increase the drop rates too much, then nobody makes money. I personally don't have any problem with how it is now.

And yes, it has been addressed by developers. They adjusted the drop rate on helms in the latest patch.
    Let's not confuse pixel gold with money. You can't take it with you sobwhat good does it do you to have 3-4 capped players? Nothing.

When I started playing, people gave sets away during runs to help each other out. When Shadow Caves first opened, I was given a full hate set just because soemone had extra. I later returned the favor by providing that person with all the int gear I farmed.

Guess this is a negative side effect of being an adult in a kids game.
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I think it's the opposite, because the rich people are the ones that can afford this gear right now. Therefore, they're spending money and other people are making it. I'm actually a good example of that. I think the most gold I've ever had at one time was maybe 200-300k, and even that took a lot of work. I've was just never lucky on drops for the most part. Finally, this past week I've gotten two pink drops and sold them for millions. Rare items can help to even the playing field.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Let's not confuse pixel gold with money. You can't take it with you sobwhat good does it do you to have 3-4 capped players? Nothing.

When I started playing, people gave sets away during runs to help each other out. When Shadow Caves first opened, I was given a full hate set just because soemone had extra. I later returned the favor by providing that person with all the int gear I farmed.

Guess this is a negative side effect of being an adult in a kids game.
    I hear what you're saying, but I didn't see a solution anywhere. Sure, it's all pixels and Monopoly money, but PL "life" works the same way as real life does, to a certain extent. There a people that have a lot of gold and people who don't. Honestly, if everyone had everything the whole dynamic of the game would be ruined. And I'm saying this as someone who doesn't have a lot of gold (until recently, per my last post).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    I hear what you're saying, but I didn't see a solution anywhere. Sure, it's all pixels and Monopoly money, but PL "life" works the same way as real life does, to a certain extent. There a people that have a lot of gold and people who don't. Honestly, if everyone had everything the whole dynamic of the game would be ruined. And I'm saying this as someone who doesn't have a lot of gold (until recently, per my last post).
    I am not saying "all or none." I am simply stating the costs of these sets are ridiculous. Ever since the intorduction of crafting and set bonuses, the cost of individual pieces, not just sets, has skyrocketed. People just set whatever price they want for gear. Tbis does not happen in real life (except in a true auction setting). I've been around for a long time and understand bow things work. Doesn't make it right tho and as long as this "conforming" continues, it will only get worse.

If drop rates were closer to Sewers, things would be a lot better. These last three updates have been ridiculous.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Yeah, when it comes right down to it, I don't totally disagree with you. I guess I'm just making my own observation.

Edit: Think of this way though: at these high prices, the only people that can afford to be buying Humania gear are people who have a ton of gold. The person selling the gear also has a ton of gold, than nothing has really changed in the overall scheme of things. It's just a few million less in one person's stash and a few less in someone else's. That's not a win or a lose. But if the person selling is just your average player, then suddenly things have equalized a little bit. That's a win-win IMO. It's not perfect, but it's an upside. I actually believe that STS is attempting to regulate the PL economy, and that the drop rates we're seeing play into that, but economy is a tricky thing, be it real world or binary.
    Last edited by McBain; 06-24-2012 at 11:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

@crimsontider I'm thinking right now that I wanna give you a big hug lol. Couldn't agree with everything you have said more.

I liked what you said about the guy giving you the hate set. I remember that too. It was nice when everyone shared everything with each other. Unfortunately selfishness gets in the way every time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I think perhaps the point is being missed that the drops are really intended for the player who receives it to use. Sure you're not going to always get str and dex sets or whatever, but if you get a really awesome drop.... the "normal" thing to do now is throw it in CS for 999999..... whereas really the normal thing should be to go "awesome, i'll use it" or "I cant use it, maybe I'll give it to a friend or trade it for another rare drop I can use".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

I haven't gotten a pink drop yet and I've farmed like 80000 xp since the first day. It really sucks with drop rate BUT I think it HELPS the people that don't have alot of gold because it will keep prices high and more gold will be redistributed.

If pink drop rates were high, prices would be low so then the rich will remain rich and the poor can't sell any pinks to make money because of the low value. I don't think a low drop rate will make the rich richer as someone else said.

However I would like to see trash drops from mobs stopped to stem inflation in the general pl economy. When sewers was the cap, I liked that drop system the best compared to others.