Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thrasher runs only are ruining the playing experience?

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Angry Thrasher runs only are ruining the playing experience?

Hello folks,

Here is something I came across which I want to elaborate about. The first day of Humania launch I was able to complete all quests there and unlock all maps. From Day 2 I wasn't able to enter the leveling part to 70 (Won't be chasing the elite cap this time) since I get booted all the time, why? "Thrasher run. Thrasher wielder only plox!"
    The dreaded sentence.

I have always enjoyed joining PUGs to make new friends and meet new people in general. This is not the case anymore. If I join 5 runs, i get booted in 4 of them killing my joy to level.
    I guess I will have to wait for these "people" to get to 71 so I can go back to leveling the way I like (I will play Diablo 3 in the meanwhile).
    Plus most of the thrasher are just avoiding any strategies at all, since they can fly trough the levels, breeding scatterbears, rambo mages and so on.

Sure I could do guild runs, but why should I be deprived of an aspect of the game due to some "elitists"?

Anyone have encountered the same problem?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nazgulking For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

I've said from the start I'm not going to level until one of the following takes place (which they normally do): Double XP Weekend, Double DMG Weekend, or Platinum Sales. It's too hard to get with the game haha. I haven't leveled/did runs in Humania since the first 2-3 days it was out. And that was just for quests as well. I don't bother with Thrashers until I am one

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WoundedEagle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

I agree, but as long as they exist I'll keep using them, why take the hard route if I can do it easier?
    Not meaning non thrasher users are inferior, I respect non thrasher capped players a great deal

But I, myself am lazy, but I'm not one who boots any non thrashered player that joins.
    As long as it's their game tho they have the right to choose who to allow and if they think u will slow down their xp gain and care that much, they can boot, not saying it's the right thing.

Tho ever since the whole elixir revamp system(around may 2011?) it did remove alot of the skill needed to down the deadly bosses, that now everyone can kill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    I agree, but as long as they exist I'll keep using them, why take the hard route if I can do it easier?
    Not meaning non thrasher users are inferior, I respect non thrasher capped players a great deal

But I, myself am lazy, but I'm not one who boots any non thrashered player that joins.
    As long as it's their game tho they have the right to choose who to allow and if they think u will slow down their xp gain and care that much, they can boot, not saying it's the right thing.

Tho ever since the whole elixir revamp system(around may 2011?) it did remove alot of the skill needed to down the deadly bosses, that now everyone can kill
    They should release outrageously expensive gold elixirs similar to the plat ones. It would tone down the economy and STS would get sales from people buying gold, and platinum sales. O.o

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WoundedEagle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I don't really find myself getting booted all that much. Certainly not 4 out every 5 times. I would say more like 1 in 10, and that's counting everything: thrasher boots, full party, etc. I'm not sure why that is. I very rarely use elixirs myself, except for the dailies. I do agree though that the "thrasher generation" is breeding players that don't really bother to learn any strategy, which makes playing in PUGs less and less enjoyable. Not sure what there is to be done about it though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle View Post
    They should release outrageously expensive gold elixirs similar to the plat ones. It would tone down the economy and STS would get sales from people buying gold, and platinum sales. O.o
    I like this idea ^^^^^

10. The Following User Says Thank You to McBain For This Useful Post:

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

The most expensive elixir I ever bought was "Trash Can Punch" and it was during the 50% of elixir sale before Humania was released.

However, I must admit, Thrashers really make a player o'ped as killing the toughest bosses solo are possible with Thrashers. =.="'

Sent from my LT26i using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Ah the curse of the Plat Gen.

I've already gotten bored with leveling so i haven't had any "u no haz thrasher!" booting issues.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle:688525
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post

Like 50k?^^
    FEEL THE CAT POWER MEOOWWWW!!!~

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

20k for golden Shamrock's ale(15 mins of 100% luck lol). ^_^

Sent from my LT26i using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

I havent had this problem in a while.

I'm a non plat user and I managed to get to level 70 by Friday and I'm actually 11k into 71.

I think it also depends on your guild. Join a good guild, most of my runs are in from my fellow guild mates.

You gotta respect the plat players decision on booting, they spent their money and want to get the most out of it. If you had
    One I'm sure you would be booting players also.
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NotYoCookiez For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nazgulking View Post
    Hello folks,

Here is something I came across which I want to elaborate about. The first day of Humania launch I was able to complete all quests there and unlock all maps. From Day 2 I wasn't able to enter the leveling part to 70 (Won't be chasing the elite cap this time) since I get booted all the time, why? "Thrasher run. Thrasher wielder only plox!"
    The dreaded sentence.

I have always enjoyed joining PUGs to make new friends and meet new people in general. This is not the case anymore. If I join 5 runs, i get booted in 4 of them killing my joy to level.
    I guess I will have to wait for these "people" to get to 71 so I can go back to leveling the way I like (I will play Diablo 3 in the meanwhile).
    Plus most of the thrasher are just avoiding any strategies at all, since they can fly trough the levels, breeding scatterbears, rambo mages and so on.

Sure I could do guild runs, but why should I be deprived of an aspect of the game due to some "elitists"?

Anyone have encountered the same problem?
    I started a thread about this a long while back. Unfortunately, I did not keep it up to date. In fact, I'm not sure if a lot of these folks still play or if they feel the same way anymore. In any case, you can find it here.

Maybe it should be revisited.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Yea, it has gotten worse. It seems everyone just wants 71. It isnt just ruining us non thrashers experience but in fact it is ruining the thrashers experience. What experience do they get if they just level in 1 or two days?
    Sure, it is great to be a fast elite player, but, the thing that really makes me a bit upset about the thrashers is that they pretty much start hating Pocket Legends because they level so darn fast. That is pretty weird to see them just disappear.... cause they are capped lol
    They leveled wayyyy faster than other expansions im sure. They should just enjoy the ride. There is no rush to 71 at all Why waste money? Really?

~Jugernuget

Jugernuget:Guess: 576

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

For me I cap a char or two, then twink the rest of the cap, so I find the saved time useful

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

I've had the similar PUG experience and I find it funny that 2 thrashing people will boot a non-thrasher even halfway through a level despite the group not being full. Isn't having an extra person, even a non-thrasher, even a little bit helpful? A mage and bird pair thrashing are easily capable of wiping out an entire map. I don't see the harm in having one or two non-thrashers tagging along. However, as was already mentioned, despite how disconcerting my PUG experience may be, the run type is up to the host. I just wish there was a PUG type selection when you create a game as has been suggested. Something like thrasher, xp, or boss.

Proud Member of Eclipse
    PL: Rocshana[main, lvl 75]
    AL: Roc [warrior] with my trusty puppy Crescent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Stop crying make your own group. The end.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysys View Post
    Stop crying make your own group. The end.
    You really put him in his place there. Good job!!

Naz... you are correct. The elixirs have ruined the game. Bringing the gold ones back would be a lot bwtter but you will srill have those who can't play without them buying them. Most of these "thrashers" couldn't clear a level without them. Be happy knowing you are one of the old school who can.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I'll never boot unless the spot is reserved, but if a thrasher joins next game your spot won't be saved. I find that on my 70 bird I can pretty much clear the level just running through so 5 thrashered out players is a bit of overkill if you ask me. I grinded to 70 in a few hours, but I'm waiting for dbl xp or dmg to make the push for 71. It's just far too tedious right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

i have joined games with 3 or 4 ppl thrashing and have not got booted even though i didnt have thrasher. It is about how u swag. Gotta have swag to not get booted. :P

Rauekat-lvl 71 bird, Rauekit-lvl 68 bear, Rauekot-lvl 43 mage, Rauekatjr lvl 15 bird! Proud recruiter of "The Elite"! Soon to be officer I hope!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

I'm not seeing booting as much this time. I don't take it personally since they're trying to maximize their money. I think they've ruined the game for a myriad of other reasons that I moan about in threads all the time lol.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Pandamoni For This Useful Post: