Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thrasher runs only are ruining the playing experience?

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Thanks for the feedback guys.

As I have said in my first post, I have a guild and I CAN join guild runs. I personally prefer to join PUGs to know new people.
    I can't? Well, too bad. I will find better times to do this.
    I just find annoying to join a game to be booted not 1, not 2, but 4 times... consenquently (3 days in a row). And why? Because I don't have thrasher on me?
    I have to be honest, I have used thrasher elixirs in the past but, as far as I remember I have never booted someone for not holding a thrasher elixir.
    At least If I had a good thrasher group I have had the good courtesy to host a private map and rmk.
    I think our "thrasher groups" can waste 1 sec more and host a pass-protected run. Or not? :P
    Anyways I won't be taking this personally ever.

Of course there are also other reasons, why certain people (not only thrashers) have ruined PL. I have just highlighted a tiny fraction of the problem.

Peace.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Like anything in this game or in this world, you can complain that somebody else is doing something bad to you and you want someone else to fix it for you. OR you can take steps to fix the situation yourself. You can sit on the forums and gripe about how thrashers have ruined PL and all those players suck and have no skill and at the end of the day, no one is going to do anything about it. We have had this same conversation time and again with each new expansion. STS hasn't done anything to change it because THAT IS HOW THEY MAKE MONEY.

I used a crap load of thrashers at the previous 2 expansions to cap 3 characters in each expansion. I haven't been buying them recently or actually leveling or playing too much so far, but I can make the argument based on my use of thrashers in the previous expansions.

You need to understand that everyone is driven by self interest. If I am going to spend my money to get a thrasher and I know I can find others who are willing to do the same and make my runs faster and efficient, then it makes sense for me to boot people without thrashers. This is especially true during this period of time when MANY very good players are ALSO on thrashers and there are a huge number of people on thrashers. If I boot you, there is a very high likelihood that someone with a thrasher will join my group. When they do, they will probably join me again for the next run and the next and the next until we have a full group of people with thrashers blowing through the map with ease.

Our group could easily carry a few non-thrashers along with us, but why would we want to if there are plenty of other people who will buy a pot? I don't always kick, especially if you prove to me that you are a good player, or if you are a friend or a guildie, but some random player with perhaps a mishmosh of gear, who could very well also be a non-healing mage or a scatter bear will probably get the boot.

So what do you do then? As already mentioned above.
    1. Find and make friends to run with. Thats 10x more fun than running with PUGs anyway! You will have things to talk about! You will be able to coordinate with them! You will have fun!
    2. Join a strong guild! This is similar to the 1st point, except it makes it even easier to find friends!
    3. Host your OWN games. If you are a strong player, even without a thrasher on, there will be others who join, see your skill and continue to play with you. Who knows, you might even, I don't know, DEVELOP a friendship with these other individuals who prefer to play the game PURE without any steroids and you will have no problem hosting games.

Truly the key is making friends. If you are a nice player and do not suck at the game, there will be plenty of people who will be willing to run with you whether or not you have a thrasher on.

If you don't have that ability, then just complain about being booted a lot.

P.S. My post came after your last one, so please disregard the slightly scathing nature of my post!
    Kiitz - Int/Dex Bear (66) || Kiitx - Dex Bird (66) || Kiitzx - Int/Dex Mage (66)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kiitz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

No offence taken
    As with all aspects of the game: Twinking, merching, enjoying PUGs... all of them are viable way to enjoy the game.
    I was just wondering if others was feeling the same, or it was just me
    I have plenty of friends and guildies, I just like to run PUGs, my personal preference.
    About hosting I find myself quite unlucky. Very few times people join my hosted games (sometimes even friends or guildies)

P.S.
    Although there are certain friends that joins the second I invite them, but they are quite scarce and seldom on my time zone
    Last edited by nazgulking; 06-25-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Thank you for this

Quote Originally Posted by kiitz View Post
    Like anything in this game or in this world, you can complain that somebody else is doing something bad to you and you want someone else to fix it for you. OR you can take steps to fix the situation yourself. You can sit on the forums and gripe about how thrashers have ruined PL and all those players suck and have no skill and at the end of the day, no one is going to do anything about it. We have had this same conversation time and again with each new expansion. STS hasn't done anything to change it because THAT IS HOW THEY MAKE MONEY.

I used a crap load of thrashers at the previous 2 expansions to cap 3 characters in each expansion. I haven't been buying them recently or actually leveling or playing too much so far, but I can make the argument based on my use of thrashers in the previous expansions.

You need to understand that everyone is driven by self interest. If I am going to spend my money to get a thrasher and I know I can find others who are willing to do the same and make my runs faster and efficient, then it makes sense for me to boot people without thrashers. This is especially true during this period of time when MANY very good players are ALSO on thrashers and there are a huge number of people on thrashers. If I boot you, there is a very high likelihood that someone with a thrasher will join my group. When they do, they will probably join me again for the next run and the next and the next until we have a full group of people with thrashers blowing through the map with ease.

Our group could easily carry a few non-thrashers along with us, but why would we want to if there are plenty of other people who will buy a pot? I don't always kick, especially if you prove to me that you are a good player, or if you are a friend or a guildie, but some random player with perhaps a mishmosh of gear, who could very well also be a non-healing mage or a scatter bear will probably get the boot.

So what do you do then? As already mentioned above.
    1. Find and make friends to run with. Thats 10x more fun than running with PUGs anyway! You will have things to talk about! You will be able to coordinate with them! You will have fun!
    2. Join a strong guild! This is similar to the 1st point, except it makes it even easier to find friends!
    3. Host your OWN games. If you are a strong player, even without a thrasher on, there will be others who join, see your skill and continue to play with you. Who knows, you might even, I don't know, DEVELOP a friendship with these other individuals who prefer to play the game PURE without any steroids and you will have no problem hosting games.

Truly the key is making friends. If you are a nice player and do not suck at the game, there will be plenty of people who will be willing to run with you whether or not you have a thrasher on.

If you don't have that ability, then just complain about being booted a lot.

P.S. My post came after your last one, so please disregard the slightly scathing nature of my post!
    Kupuna: L76, Zenkan: L71, Zentradi: L71, Mauice Moss: L70, Adenium: L69,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle View Post
    Double XP Weekend, Double DMG Weekend, or Platinum Sales.
    I agree....thz Mr.Eagle...im waiting now takes forevaaaaaaa to level.
    now if elix bought with gold like you said and leveling like DL with allies..this would be paradise (no pun intended :P)
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

7. The Following User Says Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Thrashers are to overrated for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

I know not all people would leave if.asked.or told the party is full but i will and id perfer if when i joined a party of thrashers if they said thrasher run only( and some have) i will kindly leave+it saves me time of waiting for town to load and then having to find another game to join. Almost every time i jump into a party of.thrasher i ask if its full if they say nothing i continue with them but i noticed the.first.few.days people were saying.humania was.to easy is cause they had thrashers not all but some and after the thrashers i heard its to hard but either way if my toons wickedklownz or cainbblecter.join ur party n im not.welcome.just tell me please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Wait until a month and no more thrashers only runs

even tho i practipated in thrashers run and wasted 1900 plat lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I think STS could do a pretty easy fix for this problem. They could make it so when a player is creating a game, they may choose an option called "Elixer Reccomended" (for example). This would be similar to locking a game but it wouldn't require "a key" to get in. It would just be a heads up to players. Players whom don't want thrasher groups can hit "Ignore Elixer Reccomended" and problem solved!

-Airity
    Last edited by Airity; 06-25-2012 at 08:56 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Airity For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

I grinded to 66 in the first couple days for the MFA glitch But since then I haven't touched Humania. Mainly because it still has that new campaign smell, and I don't like it. I'll wait a bit until the try-hards are done with their gig (no offense) and then start making my way up without pots. Sorry, but I like to stop and smell the roses. So, I can't say I have seen booting lately, because I haven't. I've only ran with some old time friends and maybe in Mt. Fang with strangers, but you can't really boot people there. So, if you do what I do, and level at Mt. Fang until you can't, you can at least stop the problem for a little bit. And by that time there will hardly be any thrasher runs out there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Thankfully, the latest patch makes it so that the Humania bosses don't spawn until the mobs are mostly dead, so you can't run straight to the boss anymore. Lots of times, I'd be halfway through a map in a PUG, and if there was an open spot, a Thrasher player would jump in and just run straight to the boss and kill him. It would usually happen in one of those public games with no host (in other words, un-bootable). We're taking the time to grind and put the work in, and some guy waltzes in and steals the drop, making the whole run useless. That used to really grind my gears.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

People just get so offended when they're booted. You join a group, the group doesn't want you, booted. You just lost 5-10 seconds of your time. Butt hurt?
    PL - Elixirs
    DL - Joe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wererhino View Post
    People just get so offended when they're booted. You join a group, the group doesn't want you, booted. You just lost 5-10 seconds of your time. Butt hurt?
    Next time, try to read the thread before posting. You haven't even read the title in my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Elite=Who uses most cash.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I think it would be cool if when you hosted thrasher only games if there was some way to put a restriction for noone to enter without thrasher. It would put an end to alot of booting and let alot of players with the same goals play together Just my 2 cents Plus if your booted for no thrasher its nothing personal strictly business

Engelhard lvl 85 Engelbird lvl 85 Engelbear lvl 85 Engelrhino lvl 85 Engelfox lvl 85 Drahlegne lvl 10 Engeltwink lvl 10 Kitco lvl 10 Engelone lvl 1. And 12 mystery toons <(^_^)>v

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Engelhard View Post
    I think it would be cool if when you hosted thrasher only games if there was some way to put a restriction for noone to enter without thrasher. It would put an end to alot of booting and let alot of players with the same goals play together Just my 2 cents Plus if your booted for no thrasher its nothing personal strictly business
    Better idea is to just put a password on your game and invite who you want. If your game has no password then it's a public game and you should not be booting anyone unless they misbehave.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ya know whats funny? I made a lvl 1 just for fun, and i payes 5 plat for my level 1 to go in Humania. I walked into a thrasher run. They didn't boot me!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was like wtf man? U don't boot me, but u boot my lvl 68 angel bear?????? I was ticked. I did get to level 11 tho lol on that one access all game instances. LOL! I think thats pathetic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

LMBO. That is just too funny.

Back on topic. As a general rule I don't boot from any game I'm hosting. I'll boot for not contributing, trying to trade during a run yeah it happens and for me it was at the boss no less. I will politely explain that I'm holding a spot for another player. Most times they will leave without a fuss. *That being said I rarely hold spots. It's usually a first come first serve with me.

I leveled on thrasher, but for a practical reason, I'm the master of my guild. I frequently get asked for help clearing maps, leveling, or the run just needs a Mage in the party. I finish my run and jump in to help. But . . . I don't like leaving a good party thats really tearing through the maps to help with a boss, and the find mynspot has been filled. So I use thrash to cap. Then I take my alt and enjoy the trip. :-) so I do get to have it both ways..

Side note: one of these days I'm going to finish a locked run and then take my time walking back through and really just look at those new maps. I think we are all missing the best part of these maps. :-)
    IGN - LyrrLynn. Guild Master of Xplicit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinslaya View Post
    Ya know whats funny? I made a lvl 1 just for fun, and i payes 5 plat for my level 1 to go in Humania. I walked into a thrasher run. They didn't boot me!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was like wtf man? U don't boot me, but u boot my lvl 68 angel bear?????? I was ticked. I did get to level 11 tho lol on that one access all game instances. LOL! I think thats pathetic.
    Hahaha, I had a lv1 joining us in fang a while back, was that you? We didn't boot him either, but he just left.

As for the booting, everyone is free to boot, that's why that 'kick' button is there. Personally though, I rarely boot. If I want someone to leave, I just politely ask them to do so (when it's full for example, but I forgot to put a pass on the room). 9 out of 10 the player is understanding and just leaves. I'd never kick a person without asking him/her to leave first. Showing a bit of courtesy goes a long way.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by styg2012 View Post
    Elite=Who uses most cash.
    sad but true...
    but PL wasnt always that, there was better times
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer