Thread: This is bad :(

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Really guys look at what you're arguing over, STS has the right to change anything about the game at anytime and there is really nothing you (as a consumer) can do about it! This has already happened before when Spacetime came out with the 50% off plat purchases, everyone who bought the plat exclusive vanity gear/items was upset over spending twice what everyone else could get for a fraction of the price. Again, there was no warning but it was just a nice event that ran for players to take advantage of. Now here we are again.

I find it comical that you're more upset about the gold lost rather than focusing on the plat aspect; being angry over millions of in-game currency YOU lost instead of the hundreds of real life dollars OTHERS may have lost. As I recall Mystic Robes/Nosferatu/Classic outfits were running 130p initially, it was 65p during the 50% off sale and now it is 50p. Anyone who purchased it from the jump should be outraged at losing 80 plat, I personally lost 15 plat since I purchased everything necessary for the Crimson Devil title during the half off event, but I ain't mad. Why, you ask... because I'm aware that anything can change at any given moment, it's one of the fundamental reason I have yet to buy plat to support these games. Am I enjoying them, yes. Have I for the past 2+ years, yes... but all it takes is one major change to turn these games into something I find unplayable at which point I'd be upset that I invested my money into them.

Try looking at it in terms of something else, you go to your favorite electronics store and purchase a brand new, top of the line, just released gadget. You find out that one month later it goes on sale and is 60% off the original ticket price. Now you have two options, you can rage out or go down to the store and see what they have to say about your uneducated purchase with excuses like, "I had no idea you would be having a 60% off sale so soon after I visited," or "I still have the receipt and I have not used it that much," maybe even just try to place the obviously used item back in the box and return it stating that you didn't like it. Now, if the store is a small local business (much like STS), they will probably give you some rehearsed speech along the lines of, "we are sorry but we cannot refund the amount you paid for this item because of [X, Y and Z]." If they are a large company, they may give you a break by either refunding the difference or offering you some sort of store credit if you make enough fuss but this is only on a case by case basis and the numbers of people doing this will be few, STS has hundreds (thousands maybe) who purchased items that saw a reduction in price. Bottom line is that STS isn't a large corporation like say Square Enix, they're not going to go on a massive refunding spree simply because players who wanted to be the cool kids on the block with the newest gear are now having buyers remorse.

You had that crown first, you placed the title of Crimson Devil upon yourself and wore it proud; remember those days? Well now the items are old, they've lost their flash and so everyone can buy them in just a few runs and one or two lucky drops. The cycle will repeat, STS will eventually release more new items, attach a title to them and hike the prices back up. Like Smigel, some of you will flock to the shiny precious and do anything to get your hands on it, while others will simply sit back and wait for the items to tarnish and fade into commonplace.

Summary: Deal with it.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 07-02-2012 at 04:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Summary: Deal with it.
    like the smiley? Name:  deal-with-it-cat.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  84.8 KB