Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Thoughts on new expansion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Red face Thoughts on new expansion

In overall the changes that have done have improved the gameplay. It took me a while to understand the new systems and the gold and plat price changed but after a while I found out that they will help DL. The zero cost of 3D missions has made pve players very happy. Now they can keep doing missions without having to wait for the energy to refill. On the other hand, I find the energy needed to do Ally missions big for the amount of experience given from them , with some exceptions. Furthermore, the buffs, not able to be taken through Ally missions has killed me XD. Before this, I waited for some missions to get ready and pressed them hoping for buffs to be able to do 3D missions fast and effortlessly. The idea of buffs being purchased has come from PL but I think the old system was better. Lastly, I love the new weapons. They give the game a new tone, making us want to farm and farm and also will help people who are already high leveled, like Bloodythirsty (gj on first 26!) to make tones of gold from people leveling .

What are your thoughts on the new expansion? Sorry for my grammar mistakes. Sorry if another thread like this has been made. I could not find one...

Totally cool lvl 26 weapon:
    Last edited by Floating; 06-26-2012 at 04:05 AM.
    DL: love|Floating|Olympian|Cornflake
    pl: Karma|VVorld

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

well 1 we are missing the face mask purchase option from store just throwing that out there :/
    also i find the game terrible now it was made for the story supposed to emerge you in the gameplay it was supposed to be story driven. now i have no god dam idea whats going on its so confusing i mean i didnt even have to rescue these Alies WTF! this update was a huge mess up for me i have supported every thing except for basically the removal of the story every thing else is awesome aside from the lack of story now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

More detail on the story can improve it even more including introductions to new areas as it used to. Maybe adding a story book to it can also be something players can look in and see where they are.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Firstly, don't use old bosses for new levels.
    Second, some of the levels were just replica's of others.
    The only actual new settings were last campaign map 3 and 4, whilst I hoped all of them would be.
    I do like the allies, though it would be more of a challenge to obtain them.
    For some reason I liked how energy used to be, but I didn't mind them changing it to entertain a bigger crowd =)
    Voltaire
    Barbarous
    Highness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcererssoul View Post
    Firstly, don't use old bosses for new levels.
    Second, some of the levels were just replica's of others.
    The only actual new settings were last campaign map 3 and 4, whilst I hoped all of them would be.
    I do like the allies, though it would be more of a challenge to obtain them.
    For some reason I liked how energy used to be, but I didn't mind them changing it to entertain a bigger crowd =)
    I agree with you. Forgot to mention the replicas.... My point is that anything new is nice

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Floating For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

-_- uu_uu .... bloodythirst is le rich.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Floating View Post
    I agree with you. Forgot to mention the replicas.... My point is that anything new is nice
    i was thinking... okay... Marcella got a clone of herself to be "Warlock Lt." which used the same simlarly designed crypt to HIDE in < _ < .... and nowwww... they have some sorta affair with zombies! Great. :]
    (Me: omg wut?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

My issue is the game seems too easy now. Rehashed maps (like we needed another decent into darkness map). And the allies, I'd love to have been able to rescue them.

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Corpser View Post
    well 1 we are missing the face mask purchase option from store just throwing that out there :/
    also i find the game terrible now it was made for the story supposed to emerge you in the gameplay it was supposed to be story driven. now i have no god dam idea whats going on its so confusing i mean i didnt even have to rescue these Alies WTF! this update was a huge mess up for me i have supported every thing except for basically the removal of the story every thing else is awesome aside from the lack of story now.
    The Face Mask in question is on the Accessories vendor inside of Sergios. They were incorrectly located on the hat vendor previously

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

There really is no new content. At some point I would hope they'd introduce content that would give guilds a reason to exist. This latest update and expansion is really just a few tweaks with a 5 level tread mill thrown in for good measure. I'm kind of disappointed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Odemus View Post
    There really is no new content. At some point I would hope they'd introduce content that would give guilds a reason to exist. This latest update and expansion is really just a few tweaks with a 5 level tread mill thrown in for good measure. I'm kind of disappointed.
    I go with what you and Corpser say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Plus, WHAT happened to Anna after we weakened Kriegberg???? We left Standing here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Level 26 with only 4,000 kills?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Players leaching and running through the maps, only killing the boss have ruined this game. I mean, I kill every single thing I see. I die, buy some blood and continue to kick some butt. It sucks to get in a game, where the entire map has already been compromised by someone running through the map and killing the boss when I am only on the first stage of minions. This to me had totally ruined this game. Campers and leachers are a small minority of the players that love this game and anyone selfish enough to run through maps only to power up is not worthy to play this game. I hope Carapace puts and end to this ASAP for all the loyal hard corp players out there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Odemus:690279
    No new content? They basically rereleased a new Dark Legends. (Energy system, Allies, Minnions, two campaigns, a boss that actually takes three people to kill, and more loot)
    I'm still lost in the new one sentence lore and story description though. :/

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

It's too easy. Kriegberg is the toughest challenge only and i'm seeing a method on how best to kill him.

As far as reusing content. I think this was the quickest update ever, and the new levels were added just so ther was something new to test changes on.

Now leeching, I think if they make it so you have to exit by the pentangle to gain xp, and maybe add a kick from game option it will stop. Now we don't need energy to join a game, it shouldn't be a big deal to be kicked and have to join a new one.

Rushing the boss happens the most in the reaping. I think because he is mid map. Move him to the end by the pentangle and it should help. Another cause is that only defeating the boss gives you xp, even one xp per enemy killed on a map should stop the rushing of the boss. another thing that will help is to toughen up the enemies on every multiplayer map to where it is impossible to solo the maps.
    If someone wants to solo run, we have a selection for that. There should be a difference on difficulty between the two.
    Last edited by KillaSkillz; 06-28-2012 at 06:19 AM.

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Hmm....interesting idea.
    I support the part where you mentioned one exp per enemy.

Sent from my M1 SONY XPERIA S(LT26i) via Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

One exp per enemy would make kill farming impossible... Please dont reccomend such things ;...; they did it in PL and when i walked in town with my lvl 11 with 11000:0 ratio everyone spammed me...

20.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #19
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

The gameplay and balancing based on design differences between PL and DL make an xp-per-kill mechanic very very unlikely to be adopted in DL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    The gameplay and balancing based on design differences between PL and DL make an xp-per-kill mechanic very very unlikely to be adopted in DL.
    Out of thanks again today... But thanks for your comment... 3D missions would give 60 experience anyways if this was becoming reality...