Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Lightbulb Suggestion: Game Option - link characters to forum account

For the purposes of this post, here are some fake names

forum account name: ramborocks

chars: enchantress - rambo123, archer - iloverambo, warrior - ramboiii

ok, so let's say you play a lot with a fellow player named rambo123 but now on a map you see the player iloverambo. You could select the player and along with seeing their stats that you do now, you would see their forum account name ramborocks. This is of course, if ramborocks has linked it with his forum name.

I think this would be a nice OPTION so that people can know who the characters belong too. "Oh, that's one of ramborocks' characters."

The reason I suggest this is because you might form online friends in PL with another char but then when one of that friend's alts are brought in, you have think it's a completely different person. You might even act differently towards that person. And this eliminates the conversation in the middle of battle about how this is one of your other characters.

And I might emphasize here, this is an OPTION. I know there are those that want to play anonymously and there are a lot of players that don't use the forums. So, as with everything, this is optional.

Just like Battle.net accounts for WoW, we have PL accounts. However, we use email addresses to log in as a userid, so I didn't want to suggest linking it to the account out of privacy concerns. Since forum accounts are more private, I figured we could use these.
    PL acct 4/7/10 - Setec Lvl 52 STR Bear | SL acct 8/29/11 - Setec Lvl 10 Commando | DL acct created 9/16/12 - Setec Lvl 17 Male | AL acct 3/28/13 - Setec Lvl 9 Warrior | iOS 8 on iPad Mini 2/iPhone 6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd like a feature that could flag my forum account name in my avatar screen so people could see who I was.

I think you'd have to have the forum account linked through the PL account, otherwise people could flag multiple accounts and possibly abuse it.

It should definitely be optional so people who want to remain anonymous could do so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here is something like this maybe, that I posted sometime ago.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ed-friend-list
    IAMBIRDMAN LVL50 SNIPER
    IAMTHEBEAR LVL45 TANK
    IAMABOOMSTICK LV45 NUKER/HEALER
    I put reality into words.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Well, I was thinking that for authentication, you have to be logged into the game, go to Game Menu --> Menu --> Options and then have a checkmark here for linking your forum account to your PL account I guess. You would have to supply your forum account userid I guess, which would then send a confirmation email with a code, which you type in to confirm??? Hmm, I'm sure it could be worked out. If I tried to link another person's forum account by typing "justg" in, I would never get the email confirmation and it wouldn't work. So, you have to put your own in.
    PL acct 4/7/10 - Setec Lvl 52 STR Bear | SL acct 8/29/11 - Setec Lvl 10 Commando | DL acct created 9/16/12 - Setec Lvl 17 Male | AL acct 3/28/13 - Setec Lvl 9 Warrior | iOS 8 on iPad Mini 2/iPhone 6

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

There is a reason I have a different in game email then forum email, so I guess I would not like this.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    There is a reason I have a different in game email then forum email, so I guess I would not like this.
    No, you're still good.

you're PL account signin is ""testuser123@geemail.com" and a password. Your forum email is "billgatessucks@hottemail.com".

You simply sign into PL, and go through the steps to link your forum email account. No one would be able to find out your PL userid sign in. This is akin to linking your facebook account.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by setec View Post
    No, you're still good.

you're PL account signin is ""testuser123@geemail.com" and a password. Your forum email is "billgatessucks@hottemail.com".

You simply sign into PL, and go through the steps to link your forum email account. No one would be able to find out your PL userid sign in. This is akin to linking your facebook account.
    I would be cool with that.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i would love that! i periodicaly go thru my friends list and delete people that i notice are still lvl thirteen or below after a long while and once or twice have wound up deleting a friends alt...i like to keep my friends list neat but i dont like deleting ppl i tlk to or play with
    Quote Originally Posted by Balonia View Post
    I just want to kill Santa. Can that be arranged?