Thread: Idle players joining multi-player just for XP?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Default Idle players joining multi-player just for XP?

I have always stood on the (X) at the end of a map and get the reward/xp and exit. I recently noticed that people just left after killing the boss, and didn't stand on the (X). I found that I still got xp, and this made xp runs faster.

I keep doing the same run over and over, and noticed that a particular player would keep joining and not move until we were done. He was just sucking the xp off our work. I tried to talk to him, but no answer. He was level 25.

Now, it is possible that he is scripted with something like "autoit" (assuming there is a Chrome Windows DL version, i haven't checked). I have written autoit scripts for my kids to play "neopets" flash games on the web. It's pretty easy to do. I think that what this guy does is create a script that does this:
    (1) join a multiplayer game
    (2) wait for players to join
    (3) wait for all players to leave
    (4) quit the game
    (5) collect the reward
    (6) go back to #1

This is a really simple script. The script would just observer the pixels color changes, and perform the mouse clicks. He can go to sleep at night and wake up to a leveled up character.

Is there any way for STS to prevent this? It's really annoying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

It most likely is an autoit script. I'd suggest reporting it to customer service.
    Rawriloveyou - 25 vamp <3 Between - 21 vamp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

If his name starts with an R and ends with a G i am sure he has something programmed. We were waiting 10 minutes and he didn leave. We killed boss and after 4 seconds he left... This is just unbeleivably horrible....
    DL: love|Floating|Olympian|Cornflake
    pl: Karma|VVorld

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Floating View Post
    If his name starts with an R and ends with a G i am sure he has something programmed. We were waiting 10 minutes and he didn leave. We killed boss and after 4 seconds he left... This is just unbeleivably horrible....
    he left before you did but after the boss died?

thats interesting. since there are no logs to parse, and i dont think injecting chrome could get you information on that level ;o

i may be wrong though. i dont spend my free time trying to cheat a game i like to play >_>
    Rawriloveyou - 25 vamp <3 Between - 21 vamp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Floating View Post
    Yes, 'Rexjang' from guild 'Korea'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

On that note noticed an increase in leechers in general. Players just hanging back and letting others 'work' the map. Not sure how the pink drops are weighted or if they are indeed completely random, but it seems the leechers get the pinks disproportionately. Can't be sure of course, but seen this now several times with leechers. Unfortunately might have to suggest a 'boot' option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tor View Post
    On that note noticed an increase in leechers in general. Players just hanging back and letting others 'work' the map. Not sure how the pink drops are weighted or if they are indeed completely random, but it seems the leechers get the pinks disproportionately. Can't be sure of course, but seen this now several times with leechers. Unfortunately might have to suggest a 'boot' option.
    1. first player in gets to boot ppl,
    2. If they are too far away from boss battle, they don't get any drops.
    3. Dangit Leechers!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

You don't even have to move, just join before boss is killed and get 10xp. It won't drop for you though. But even not moving to the pentangle and leaving after the boss gets killed will put a coin icon on the mission, tap it and collect the gold and xp.

I just did it long enough to figure out what they are doing. For now the game allows it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkillz View Post
    You don't even have to move, just join before boss is killed and get 10xp. It won't drop for you though. But even not moving to the pentangle and leaving after the boss gets killed will put a coin icon on the mission, tap it and collect the gold and xp.

I just did it long enough to figure out what they are doing. For now the game allows it.
    what I understand that this function is like a bit for the people who have random disconnects... like the game at installation itself says, all data is stored online. so if they did work on the boss but wasn't able to finish the X circle, the game acknowledges their reward

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Qingsanale1st View Post
    what I understand that this function is like a bit for the people who have random disconnects... like the game at installation itself says, all data is stored online. so if they did work on the boss but wasn't able to finish the X circle, the game acknowledges their reward
    Yes, and I think it was necessary when energy was in limited supply, same with the "no booting". Now that maps are free, complaints should be minimal (someone will always complain lol).